Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Self-Employment Career

by Neia Posted 9th Jan 2017 at 7:55 PM - Updated 10th Mar 2020 at 10:44 PM by Neia

115 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 8:47 PM
Awesome, Thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 10:12 PM
This is great. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 10:18 PM
Thankyou Neia, My fishersims and gardener collecters etc are very glad you have given them a career type
Test Subject
#5 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 10:33 PM
Loved!

I hate to see my sims gardeners, photographers and others, appearing like don't had a job!

Thank you so much!

Here the Brazilian Portuguese translation:
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Neia_Careers_SelfEmployed_pt_br .rar (231.7 KB, 40 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 10:48 PM
What a great idea! Thanks.
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 10:50 PM
You could have gotten a bit more creative, like several levels like "Mediocre" to "Great" or higher self-employement, and make it so the career advances the more money you make from everything. You can set requirements to be "Make X amount of money in one day" and "Make X amount of money in a week or globally" and so on. Then again it depends on what the tools allow you to play with.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dante9898
You could have gotten a bit more creative, like several levels like "Mediocre" to "Great" or higher self-employement, and make it so the career advances the more money you make from everything. You can set requirements to be "Make X amount of money in one day" and "Make X amount of money in a week or globally" and so on. Then again it depends on what the tools allow you to play with.

Or you could just make one yourself. I even have a good name for it "Bossy". Just saying.

To the OP, Good job.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 12:53 AM
Thanks for making this; it fills a much-needed gap!

I see that you've made several careers. I made a Starfleet Career (from Star Trek) for The Sims 3, and I'd love to port it to TS4. May I ask how you learned to make careers for TS4? Is there a tutorial somewhere? Thanks!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:10 AM
at last someone did it I think it was not fair to be seen as not working person while working hard BIG thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:47 AM
Thanks for the mod Neia, it's nice to finally have a self employment mod. That said, I use some of your other mods and I noticed this one is quite basic, as you mentioned in the description. Then again, it's like being self employed in Sims 3 except there is an hour block of work a week. But it's missable, so if ignored it's basically exactly like Sims 3. Which is cool and all, I'm going to use the mod either way, but if you're open to some suggestions...

Since the game forces you to make at least 1 hour of work a week, why not embrace that architecture and use GTW to make self employment into a legit job. It could start off sending the player to a rabbithole place, that they do or don't have to go to, but then at a certain point in order to advance the player would need to buy a storefront, if one is not already owned.

At this point the career could potentially have different branches depending on what the mod would be capable of keeping track of. If the mod could track what a player's non family/controlled employee's do and sell, but specifically sell, then that would give you a lot of avenues for a managerial type branch with tasks and goals.

If that's not possible... making branches might not be possible and you could just focus on basing the mods advancement/tasks on what the player does. This could potentially be configurable, as setting goals for a baker wouldn't be quite the same as for a painter, but I don't know how that would work out.

All in all, that's just a suggestion and you don't have to do anything. I appreciate the mod. Keep em coming.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 2:18 AM
I want to say thank you. I keep waiting until EA gives us this option, until then, this is exactly what I've been looking for.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 3:32 AM
Thanks, finally my retail business owning sims won't appear unemployed!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 6:04 AM
cool!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 6:17 AM
Great idea! Thanks
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 6:29 AM
Thank you! There's a russian translation
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Neia_Careers_SelfEmployed(+russian).rar (231.8 KB, 15 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 8:51 AM
You're amazing, thank you so much for being awesome!! This is just what I needed
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 9:04 AM
Thank you very very much, very necessary!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 9:43 AM
Thank you! I hope this helps to avoid getting the annoying whim 'Get a Career' when my Sim is a shop owner, works hard and still is reminded constantly to get a career :)
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 11:21 AM
Thanks for your work!
And here is Traditional Chinese translation!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Neia_SelfEmployment_Traditional Chinese.rar (237 Bytes, 17 downloads)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 12:19 PM
THANK YOU!!! I have been hoping someone could make a simple Self-Employed career; I wanted something for my Sims who own Retail stores, since the game treats them as if they have no income/2nd class citizens. This is so appreciated
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 1:57 PM
Thank you so much, it's always bothered me that restaurant owners are labelled either unemployed or stay at home parents.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 3:16 PM
Tyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! It will be very good for my RP.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 9:47 PM
Thank you so much! Now my Sims that want to own restaurants or run retail stores will no longer look like bums since they do in fact work for themselves While others are complaining about the lack of this or that, I like the flexibility that only having to work 1 hour gives. It basically allows my Sims that are in this career to do what needs to be done, without looking like they're not doing anything.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dante9898

Yes I could have, but I wanted something as basic as possible, and usable in all kind of imaginable situations, especially for Sims who didn't feel like following career goals or advancing along a set path.
Page 1 of 5