Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 12:53 AM
Default Adding social need to an object?
I am looking for a tutorial that would show me how to add some social need to whatever object.
Let's say, when you place down this potted flower object on your lot, social decay is much less important. I want to do this, but only pets would be affected.
Basically, if I have that object on my lot, my pets don't get lonely at all, or at a lower decaying value, however I set it in the code.
I lost all my modding tutorials, so now I am at a lost..hehe.

Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 2:28 PM
The simplest way would be for the item to raise all pet's social motive to near maximum once per hour. Don't raise it to maximum or they'll have no social interest at all, set it to around 90 should do (motives are in the range of -100 to +100).
Alternatively to just reduce the decay rate, the item could read each pet's daily social motive decay (person data 0x0063), divide that by 24 to get the hourly decay and add a percentage of that to their social motive once per hour.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 26th Feb 2017 at 5:23 PM
You might want to take a look at Inge's motive defender or bladderfull fountain here, to get a sense of the overall structure you need in your BHAV. (Inge's code is generally pretty easy to read, which is why I recommend her objects. Of course there are lots of other CC and EA objects you might get inspiration from, too. )

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.