Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 1:55 PM Last edited by ayumi05 : 18th Mar 2017 at 2:25 PM.
Default asian sim.. kim na hyun
hello everyone..
i am planning to upload my new asian sim here.. i want to know if i still need to change anything on her to make her look more asian.. hope you will help me.. thanks a lot <3
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 9:38 PM
She looks Asian to me but I'm not an expert by any means. Have you considered using something like this https://feministphilosophers.wordpr...ross-the-world/ for reference? Also, sims can look quite a bit different in game than in CAS. To best help you, we need a well lit, indoor, in game head and shoulders shot of your sim. This type of picture will be needed when you upload the sim as well.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2017 at 5:43 AM
hello this is the in game shot of her.. thanks for the reference
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 2:46 AM
Hi ayumi05
Your sim is very cute. As Simmy said, you need screen shots taken in the game, not in CAS. The ones you posted in your second post are fun, and can certainly be included, but do not meet the requirements for the upload- required screen shot. You should read the Creator Guidelines for TS3 sims: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...nes/Sims_3_Sims

Basically you need a head shot of the sim with a neutral expression. This is a link to my thread when I first uploaded sims. Heaven describes how to light sims and how to get them to look neutral. I hope it can help you: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=562992

Good luck!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 1:57 PM Last edited by ayumi05 : 20th Mar 2017 at 3:40 PM.
like this? i changed the color of her hair
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#6 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 4:57 PM
I really like her Ayumi! But I'd try to take the image from an angle where we'll be able to see her face. Something like the CAS image that you showed us so it's much easier to see what she looks like I'm not sure if you're familiar with the 'camera man/Tab' camera mode? Else I would recommend checking out this tutorial about the camera man mode: http://sims3box.livejournal.com/12635.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2017 at 8:38 PM
Thanks a LOT.. here it is.. hope its correct this time <3
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:16 PM
is it ok or not? thanks
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 7:58 PM
Hi Ayumi,
Your photos are very nice, but right now all the CC your sim is wearing is obscuring her facial sculpt, which is what we're primarily interested in. It would be super-helpful if you would post a screenshot of the sim with no CC, in an EA skin, with a pulled-back hairstyle. That will make it significantly easier for us to see if the sim could use a bit more tweaking to her face.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 8:24 PM
ow.. ok i'll do that thanks
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 9:35 PM
firs photo is without makeup and with ea skin.. second photo is makeup but the skin is installed.. third is the complete look of her.. <3
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 7:00 AM
any feedback about her? need to know if she's ready for upload or not yet.. thanks much <3
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 8:39 AM
Honestly, it is hard to get a sim approved here. You really want to take the time to submit great screenshots, since that is the only way the moderators have to judge the sim. I think she is unique, but I am not a moderator.

In post #7, I think the third picture is what they are looking for. The sim is looking straight ahead, with a neutral expression, and the lighting is good- bright but not so bright that the sim is washed out. You pics in post #11 do not have the sim looking straight into the camera. The camera angle is down, not straight ahead. Also, it is better if all the pics are taken with the same neutral background, so the focus is on the sim. This may seem really picky to you, and it is, but as I said before, it is hard to get a sim approved and you want your pics as close to perfect as possible, so the sim really shines.

Remember, you can include other fun poses as well, but the mods are mainly considering the required facial pictures. I would suggest taking a few more pictures, in the same category as post#11, but looking more like the third pic in post#7. I hope this makes sense. I really do hope she is approved!

New at Simszoo
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:12 PM
here it is.. hope its a good one.. hihi.. i'm not a good photographer hihi <3

the first and 2nd is the ver. without skin and makeup
the 3rd and 4th are the ver. with skin but without makeup
the 5th is the ver. with both skin and makeup
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 6:19 AM
hello.. anymore feedback? i really want to know if the photos are good enough or i still need to try getting a good photo again.. thanks
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 8:14 AM
What face template did you start her out on? The most important thing is face sculpt. She must look significantly different from the base face that you started her from. I don't moderate sims 3 sims so I can't pick the face templates which is why I am asking which one you started her on. To be worthy of upload a sim must not be something that anyone could make in five minutes. I disagree that it is difficult to get a sim uploaded here, it must simply not be a recognizable template face, which means it does take some work. If you remove all CC and people go "that is face template 1, 2, whatever" Then you know your sim isn't sculpted enough. I hope that helps with understanding the face sculpting requirements?

Photos need to be no smaller than 800 by 600, taken in game with good lighting with the face shot done straight on with the sim having a neutral expression. Your photos are good except for the white back ground, it's too bright. if your sim is pale, wearing white clothes and has pale hair you might want to try a medium grey/beige background.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Virtual gardener
#17 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 1:43 PM
(sorry for my late reply! >.<) I agree with Jo. I think your sim looks quite unique but it could use some work, though in your case I would try to shape the eyes and the facial shape some more since it's quite close to the original ts3's template.

So basically the look you want to go for when creating a sim is that if someone would try to recreate your sim, and would use one of those template options and maybe use a few sliders to change the width, etc. to eventually create the same exact sim, is something you want to avoid. Something you want to try to avoid as well is that the face shouldn't be easily randomized by the game. Which is usually one of the premade options and sometimes it's just the sliders being moved around by the game.
Right now your sim looks quite close to something the game would be able to randomize, which is why I suggested sculpting the eyes some more and facial shape as well. You could always take a look at the sims in our sim category and see what makes their sim unique, if not (since I know you have a tumblr ^- ~ Maybe take a look at some of your favourite simblrs or real life celebrities, maybe models or just family pictures to see what's considered realistic and unique, :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 2:26 PM
hi joandsarah77

well i used the 1st face template on her.. I created her for 4 days (3-4 hours per day)..

i first thought of copying a kpop artist named Cheng Xiao of WSJN (First Photo)
then Bae Suzy as Go Hye mi in the drama series Dream High (second photo)

but i failed again.. so i just decided to make her a unique sim..
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 2:35 PM
ok.. i will re-edit her again.. hihi.. thanks for your feedbacks guys.. atleast i know now if i still need to adjust her face.. maybe i will just redo her chin and jaw line.. then shape her eyes hihi.. thanks thanks again..
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 3:03 PM
As an addition to those feedbacks mentioned above, you may try using this slider: http://puchi-house.blogspot.com/201...malsslider.html. It reduces the unnecessary shine in the sim's face which makes them less Asian. Also, adjusting the eye depth a little forward may help too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 8:33 AM
hello again.. done with editing.. i made some changes om her chin, jawline and eyes.. and tried changing her hair too..

feel free to give feedback on her so i can make her better
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 3:58 PM
newest update..

feel free to give feedbacks.. thanks much
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 4:02 AM Last edited by attuned : 27th Mar 2017 at 7:35 AM.
ayumi05- I don't know, I like the first version the best. I am not a master sim creator by any means, but to me she looked more unique in the first version.

Jo- TS3 doesn't have face templates the way TS2 does.

New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 12:50 AM
I don't moderate TS3 sims. I only know the general guidelines for sims.

OP, I do think she is looking better. I'll see if a moderator who does TS3 sims can come take a look.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Virtual gardener
#25 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 1:05 AM
I think the eyes need some more tweaking. I think making them smaller might give it a more unique look. Do keep in mind that your CC shouldn't support the uniqueness of your sim's facial sculpt. Could you maybe show your sim from a side view too? I think maybe lowering her jaw a bit might work too! ^-^
Page 1 of 2