Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 8th Jun 2017 at 9:51 PM
You can really see how they live up to their last name without the player having to babysit.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 12:53 AM
I know... poor Dustin kept on going to sleep, then waking up and pleading to the merciless simmer... and he died of starvation. Both his brothers are in the adoption pool.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 4:22 AM
If you're going to leave them alone then at least get a never emptying fridge, because ordering food is not something that they can do autonomously.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 12:29 PM
But leaving the fridge out of stock: that's where the fun starts.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 7:58 AM
Well, both de Bateau's died, possibly from starvation. The daughter hit the bottle quite hard near the end.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 2:26 PM
Ah, old memories. I remember doing something similar with a custom family - no livestream, just a...poorly written let's play that was thankfully purged off the planet.

All I remember from my run is 1) a Sim managed to starve to death long before the fridge even ran out, mostly because all he ever did was sleep facefirst in spoiled poptarts; and 2) there was a child who singlehandedly fed herself by eating muffins from a toy oven, until she got taken away due to flunking school and left behind a perpetually-smoldering muffin that no adult could remove from the oven.

Looks like the streamer's on Carlos Contender right now, though it's been stuck on a phone screen for a long time now... He was coughing pretty badly earlier, so I guess he's not having a good time. I do wish the stream had 360p at least, but considering the bad resolutions I had for a private TS2 stream, I don't have room to talk.

Y'know, having recently gotten into the Creatures series, where hands-off playstyles are very popular... I wonder what kinds of mods could be made to aid a 24/7 Sims stream? I'm thinking: Something to automatically hit OK/Ignore on certain pop-ups (chance cards, bill alerts, etc.), and something to automatically cycle the selected Sim in a multi-person household every couple of minutes. Fridge mods would also stop starvation from being inevitable, but at the same time I'm not sure an infinite fridge is the answer. Auto-refills every third day...? (The difficult thing is, I don't know a lick of modding for any game, so I'm not sure what's actually possible.)

As for things that already exist, a fine-tuned ACR might be interesting since it'd allow autonomous pregnancies, but I think if the naming prompt idles out, the kids end up being named "Baby Boy" and "Baby Girl". Not that big of an issue, though. I vaguely remember some mod that allowed visitors to just invite themselves in if interacted with, too.
Inventor
#32 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 4:14 PM
Aw, poor Carlos just died. Looks like he managed well enough, considering he died of old age. Though with the way he was coughing and how many roaches he stomped, flu probably would have gotten him next. (I'm surprised I managed to see something happen. Every other time I've gone to watch, it was stuck on some dialogue box or other )

The more intelligent sims eventually sort themselves out, if they're given the necessary resources. There are some mods out there that would make it possible to play hands-off for quite a while. An auto refilling fridge would at least give them access to food. An auto bill-payer would keep the repo man away. There's also mod that pushes kids to do their homework at 7pm, so they might be able to keep from failing and getting taken away.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 8:43 PM
The video link now says not available..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#34 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 10:26 PM
Page 2 of 2