Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:33 AM
Sims at E3?
I haven't seen any info related to the Sims series at E3. Has EA talked about it at all or discussed anything related to the series?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:55 AM
EA's presentation was the 10th or 11th. I didn't watch it but if there was any Sims info the community would have posted it by now, i'm sure.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:16 AM
I watched the EA presentation and there wasn't a single word about The Sims.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:26 PM
They announced beforehand that there would be no Sims related news/announcements at E3.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:49 PM
At this point, the only thing they could give us that's big enough to warrant an E3 presentation is TS5 but I'm pretty sure thats still far off

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
At this point, the only thing they could give us that's big enough to warrant an E3 presentation is TS5 but I'm pretty sure thats still far off
I agree. I mean what else is there to announce besides TS5? More stuff packs? And they're definitely not done milking that.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:50 PM
Why is EA so silent on Sims?
The thing is, I could have sworn that they used to present Sims 2 and 3 at these gaming expos as a flagship product; just a quick search I can see evidence of them presenting in 2014 and 2011.

Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
I've never heard silence quite this loud.

It's disconcerning for the series that they're THIS quiet.

That being said, if they were to present something it'd need to be much bigger then a fitness stuff pack and the parenthood expansion. They gotta up their game and REALLY have something appealing to show.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 9:10 PM
It feels great being a fan of such an...important IP. Well back to scrounging up useless tidbits of info from 2015 Guru tweets.
Theorist
#9 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by James009
if they were to present something it'd need to be much bigger then a fitness stuff pack and the parenthood expansion. They gotta up their game and REALLY have something appealing to show.

Something liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike

Pets?

(that is assuming they did it well)
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:20 AM
According to this article, Graham was at E3 and he talked about the new fitness pack (don't get all excited!). And according to this article, EA didn't have a booth at E3, but is planning their own ....thing (?) instead.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 12:27 AM
Oh man I bet he was super excited to mention the rock climbing machine.
Instructor
#12 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 3:29 AM
If I'm recalling correctly from years past, Sims rarely makes appearances at E3. Gamescom in August is usually where it's at.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th Jun 2017 at 1:29 PM
The room would probably be empty.
Theorist
#14 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anarchy Blues
The room would probably be empty.

It would be full of the same people who sing TS4s praises on the official forums with the same terrifying, empty smiles as the sims themselves.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 8:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
It would be full of the same people who sing TS4s praises on the official forums with the same terrifying, empty smiles as the sims themselves.
That's harsh.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
That's harsh.

And true AF.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge

And probably a bunch others who can't wait to take notes and come here point out what's wrong with the game

Seriously, though. The Sims was never a thing at E3. EA is not even part of E3 anymore. They now host their own event and they are usually quite bad with their shows.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
Seriously, though. The Sims was never a thing at E3. EA is not even part of E3 anymore. They now host their own event and they are usually quite bad with their shows.
Am I misunderstanding something? Because EA definitely had a presentation at E3 and I think they'll have other ones in the future. If it was a good one or not is a different topic
Forum Resident
#19 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 5:02 PM
"EA is not even part of E3 anymore" you say in a thread where the first two responses are "EA was at E3"