Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2017 at 11:34 PM
Default Explanation of genetics please?
I played Sims 2 but have forgotten. I don't even know if Sims 4 works the same way. How do genetics work in TS4? Any answer is welcome. I have just forgotten everything. Or links to complex answers only cc makers understand is fine also. Sometimes I can puzzle what they are saying out. Sorry I cannot think of how to ask this question better. I know it is vague. Maybe focus on skin? If mom black skin and dad brown skin and skin is custom content what will baby skin be? If mom black skin and dad brown skin and skin is maxis what will baby skin color be? Do aliens and vampires roll the same as humans? Do they roll the same WITH humans? That kind of thing. I am lost here. Any insight?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 12:00 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 20th Jun 2017 at 12:15 AM.
Sims 4 doesn't really have any real genetics, that was only a sims 2 thing. Sims can inherit physical attributes from their parents, but it's all editable, there's no such thing as natural hair colour anymore, and every single other physical attribute can be changed via CAS.fulleditmode.

If sims use a custom skin tone the baby will inherit the skin done directly from either parent, females usually (but not exclusively) inherit traits from their mother, and males usually (but not exclusively) inherit traits from their father. This game really doesn't understand "blending" so things are usually directly from one parent or the other. I've yet to have a blonde haired parent and black haired parent produce a brown haired child, it's usually one or the other.

Aliens born between an alien and a sim are hybrids and will inherit their alien parent's skin tone.

Aliens born via abduction will have their disguise form look similar to their human parent in my experience.

A vampire's normal form is genetically taken from the parents as any normal sim would. their dark form usually looks similarly, but with a (sometimes) different skin-tone and vampire facial markings.