Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:53 AM
Two of my sims try to cook at the same time, one of them gets to the fridge first the second will route fail and cancel the action. I feel like it'd be much worse with more than one sims that you can't even control.
If you've done this yourself does it like...work?
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Two of my sims try to cook at the same time, one of them gets to the fridge first the second will route fail and cancel the action. I feel like it'd be much worse with more than one sims that you can't even control.

I highly doubt being in a club fixes routing failures. I'm personally not even willing to try.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
You mean the food club? Well amazingly it works flawlessly, like a ballet on speed. Dunno why when it's the active family it will all go to hell if 2 sims try to cook at the same time. Maybe because when it fails they immediately do another one, i.e. they don't wait like morons for hours all while whining and waving. You do end up with an unfinished preparation or 2 but on the whole the difference is huge. I even tried it in the most tiny apartment of City Living and it still works.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
I highly doubt being in a club fixes routing failures. I'm personally not even willing to try.

I love a vamp club, all my family members come and dine on all the other people at the nightclub it's great fun watching the town folk laying around the club, while my family is stuffed.
Theorist
#30 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
Is the nightclub called Fangtasia?

eyy, that pun was bloody fangtastic mate. :D
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jinzor
TL:DR Questions
1. How long do you think this cycle of TS4 will last before Maxis/EA decide to move on to TS5?
2. Do you think CAW, or something like CAW (i.e. duplicating existing world templates to have more lot space), will ever make a return? Or lot terrain tools?
3. Despite these two concerns I have, is the full-TS4 experience currently worth it?

1. I've noticed a 4-5 year trend for releasing Sim games...if TS5 (provided they make it) follows that same model, it should be announced in 2019 or so. That being said, there still feels like a lot needs to be done on the TS4 still. Although we have toddlers and a few expansion packs, pets and seasons seem to be slow coming, like others have mentioned.

2. I honestly don't know on this one, I never used these tools much so I don't miss them. But it would be nice if they released it anyway, seeing as others really feel the lack of it.

3. Personally, I think so. I was on the fence the TS4 until toddlers came out, then I felt like the game was complete for my play style. With the Parenthood GP, I'm even more into it. Yes, it's hella glitchy at times, but it makes everything more immersive. Also, is it really 120 pounds in the UK? That's like $240 US/CAN! It's on Origin for $40-60 here, depending on sales and that.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 6:58 PM
I'll give answering these questions a shot too

I'm not sure there's going to be a TS5, considering how widely hated TS4 is and how clearly downhill the DLC has been going; on the other hand, DLC getting worse overtime may indicate that they've moved their resources on to the next installment, so in short... I have no idea. I can say one thing though: after how TS4 was both handled and received, I absolutely can't imagine TS5 coming out and being the answer to everyone's prayers, that is, THE ultimate Sims game containing all the features and tools that we miss from TS3. I think a game as elaborate, deep and frankly enormous as TS3 is not going to happen again anytime soon.

CAW: I sincerely doubt it; consider the fact that every main "town" or "neighbourhood" in TS4 is a screen with a 2D piece of art rather than an overview of the 3D map. To remain aesthetically consistent, either they'd have to change that to be 3D for all existing neighbourhoods, or create some kind of tool that'll procedurally generate the 2D version of any imported custom world; both of these options seem like a whole lot of work with not that much payoff. Moreover, a thought that makes me want to projectile vomit in the general direction of EA: it's possible they want players to be entirely dependent on their DLC for new worlds to play with, and see CAW as missed revenue.
As for terrain editing, if it does return it'll quite likely be in a highly rudimentary form (the creator of this mod seems to think that the engine isn't very compatible with terrain manipulation at all).

Considering my answers to your concerns seem to be very negative... Yes, I'd say that TS4 is worth it. Depending on what is it exactly that appeals to you about the series, in my experience here's what TS4 excels at: prettiest graphics wise; much less taxing on a decent PC than TS3 and therefore possible to play with other things in the background; less performance issues and more stable overall: no save corruption (that I've seen), lot corruption, unroutable spots appearing out of nowhere, no traffic jams (which means you can build much tighter spaces overall as sims will not get stuck on corners and each other); more player-friendly building and CC creation. Here's what TS4 fails at: exploration (there's a paltry amount of it and it's broken up by numerous loading screens), playing a single sim for extended periods of time rather than generational/legacy play (you'll run out of things to do fast), aesthetic variety (same lighting/weather at all times, all the worlds look pretty samey).

(✿ ❛ ▿ ❛)୨
Scholar
#33 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 8:27 PM
The probability that they will improve on the engine and the core of the game with additional tools is pretty low - I'd say less than 1%. They devs just don't have the resources.

I think EA will milk this iteration for all it's worth - probably at least a couple of more years - but honestly it's getting really hard to tell what insane decisions they'll make next. One might aswell try to predict the weather for next year.

Sims 4 as a whole is a mess. The management and development of the game was broken from the start. Anything that is well done in the game is in spite of the core of the game, not because of it. Personally I regret buying as many packs as I have. Unless you're fine with the very limited engine and weird development choices, I'd really consider if buying the game is worth it. Looking back on the release, I cut the game WAY too much slack. Mostly because I wanted so desperately to enjoy the game and play a new game in the sims franchise. There are things I do enjoy about the game, but for every thing I enjoy, there are 10+ things I hate. The bugs, the glitches, the weird design choices, the incomplete features - it's become infuriating. If you're the kind of person that easily imagines what the game could be, this iteration is a hard pill to swallow. You literally have to twist your own expectations and standards to an unrecognizable blob. Sometimes I do pretty well and manages to enjoy some nice play sessions. But recently the amount of things that goes wrong in a play session piles up to the point that I don't even want to play my favorite families. For a while now I just can't play, even though I want to. It's just really bad IMO.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Theorist
#34 Old 14th Jul 2017 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
I think EA will milk this iteration for all it's worth - probably at least a couple of more years - but honestly it's getting really hard to tell what insane decisions they'll make next. One might aswell try to predict the weather for next year.

I can predict the whether next year!

It will be $20 per season as separate DLC
Theorist
#35 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
There's a lot of waiting involved when you're a fan of this franchise, which is unfortunate. They want us to give them our money and our time.

I'll explain it visually in case people have trouble with the concept.

You can only chose two!
Theorist
#36 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 12:53 AM
And another for those of us who prefer dark theme! :D
(Bootstrap - slate)

Instructor
#37 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 6:50 AM
WickedWhims was the best thing to ever happen to TS4.
I can predict the whether next year! It will be $20 per season as separate DLC

I can see it now: Summer EP, Winter EP, Spring EP, Fall EP.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:12 PM
I really wish they screw up pets and seasons, so that EA could get a huge backlash and lost most of its fans. Muahahahaha
Theorist
#39 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I really wish they screw up pets and seasons, so that EA could get a huge backlash and lost most of its fans. Muahahahaha

Instructor
#40 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 8:18 AM

Or, they'll split the Pets DLCs into one animal each. TS4: Dog Stuff, TS4: Cat Stuff, so on and so forth...
Scholar
#41 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
I can see it now: Summer EP, Winter EP, Spring EP, Fall EP.

But how would that work? Would they even cycle? Because if not, why not autumn lovers just download Dani's autumn mod?

Funnily enough, lack of weather aside, there is a lot more detail put into this mod than EA's official autumns have ever had. The terrain grass has changed to be less green. The shrubs and bushes actually lost their flowers - something EA has never done even though it is so obvious it should happen. And look at that, plants other than trees have changed colors!

I've noticed from watching videos of the mod that the modder also changed the color of the evergreens, which is odd, but I suppose it's tolerable, comparing to EA's autumns and winters that are green and just as flowery as Spring and Summer.

Funny, how modders have already outdone EA in that department.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#42 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 4:25 PM
If we get seasons, I highly doubt it will be setup in any form that makes sense. The most I can see is a map that has changing weather, but outside of that one map it will be generic. The game can barely handle what it does, I doubt it could handle 10+ maps all with dynamic changing weather being simulated at once. The city world is fucked up enough with the dynamic festivals that break all the damn time, I can only imagine what weather would do.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 5:33 PM
And another for those of us who prefer dark theme! :D
(Bootstrap - slate)

So considerate :D

Quote: Originally posted by Drake
The most I can see is a map that has changing weather, but outside of that one map it will be generic.

By map do you mean neighbourhood, or 'city/town'?
I actually cannot comprehend how seasons will work for this game. Will the weather reset everytime you change lots? even if it's just to cross the street? Somehow, I feel like it would.
Mad Poster
#44 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 6:29 PM
I'm starting to think much effort to it anymore. Rain won't create puddes ; rain would just be fx/particles/aesthetic stuff. Thus no random puddles spawning outside. EA is low on budget that they won't even manage to animate a lightning striking an object/sim, therefor sims would look electrocuted out of nowhere.
Theorist
#45 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 2:36 AM
I'm starting to think much effort to it anymore. Rain won't create puddes ; rain would just be fx/particles/aesthetic stuff. Thus no random puddles spawning outside. EA is low on budget that they won't even manage to animate a lightning striking an object/sim, therefor sims would look electrocuted out of nowhere.

Can you imagine rain with laptop mode on
Field Researcher
#46 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 3:26 AM

I don't even want to think about that.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 4:53 AM

dark cloud, rain sound effect, wet roof texture. *nailed it*
Field Researcher
#48 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 5:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grindingteeth
So considerate :D

By map do you mean neighbourhood, or 'city/town'?
I actually cannot comprehend how seasons will work for this game. Will the weather reset everytime you change lots? even if it's just to cross the street? Somehow, I feel like it would.

I think they will make one new world with the seasons pack and seasons will only happen in that world. Each world is created using entirely different pieces, I can't see EA going back and redoing each piece and adding in universal seasons for each world, especially worlds that are only available in other EP's. This wasn't an issue for Sims 3 as all of the worlds were made from the same base, with 4 it's a serious roadblock that can 'break' this pack.

In the event that we get one seasons world I would hope the seasons don't reset. I imagine they would work just like the festivals in City Living. Bugs included.
Scholar
#49 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 1:30 AM

You can't have puddles on flat terrain. A puddle in TS4 would be as large as the neighbourhood and sims would have to put sandbags in front of their door. Fortunately, their cellars won't flood.
Page 2 of 2