Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 12:47 PM
You know. Next time someone gets tired of complaints about TS4, they should remember that it could always be worse. The complaints from the Doctor Who fandom right now are MUCH more ridiculous

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
You know. Next time someone gets tired of complaints about TS4, they should remember that it could always be worse. The complaints from the Doctor Who fandom right now are MUCH more ridiculous

Yes, those complaints are completely full of it. I seriously wonder what show the haters have been watching all of this time, because what happened is not only completely in line with the show, but should have happened earlier (I hate to put it that way, since I love all of the Doctors but you know what I mean).

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Theorist
#28 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Yes, those complaints are completely full of it. I seriously wonder what show the haters have been watching all of this time, because what happened is not only completely in line with the show, but should have happened earlier (I hate to put it that way, since I love all of the Doctors but you know what I mean).

TBH I stopped watching new Doctor Who around Seasons 7. As someone who is a fan of classic Doctor who, and has seen all of it multiple times, I hated the direction the show started taking ever since Moffat took over as the main writer/producer, Smith suffered a bit from this, too, but through Capaldi's time it just started getting nearly unwatchable. Moffat completely lost sight of what the show was meant to be in the first place. He made it so convoluted that every season just ended collapsing back in on itself as one giant fetishist of unintelligible story we're somehow supposed to decipher. Is that the complaint you're talking about or did something else happen?

But now we're -waaaaaaay- off topic.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 3:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Is that the complaint you're talking about or did something else happen?

A couple days ago it was revealed that the next Doctor would be a woman. And the internet reacted as...well...the internet.

Theorist
#30 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 3:54 PM
A couple days ago it was revealed that the next Doctor would be a woman. And the internet reacted as...well...the internet.

WELL! I think it's about god-damn time!

Normally I'm completely against a character magically changing race or gender with no storytelling reason, but when the doctor can supposedly regenerate into -anything- and so far he's just been a bunch of white British men, it's gettin' a bit samey.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 7:25 PM
I'm all in favor, and I've been watching Dr. Who since 1973. (Now, whether or not she'll be a good fit for the role, is anyone's guess. I haven't seen her in anything that I'm aware of, as I've not seen Broadchurch.)

For once, I have to give props to Colin Baker (the most hated Doctor of all time), whose response was a quote from his own era: "Change, my dears, and not a moment too soon."
Theorist
#32 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
I'm all in favor, and I've been watching Dr. Who since 1973. (Now, whether or not she'll be a good fit for the role, is anyone's guess. I haven't seen her in anything that I'm aware of, as I've not seen Broadchurch.)

For once, I have to give props to Colin Baker (the most hated Doctor of all time), whose response was a quote from his own era: "Change, my dears, and not a moment too soon."

Calm down whoever disagreed! They didn't say they -liked- Colin Baker. Just that this particular quote was relevant. It's okay, there's no need to panic. nothing to see here, folks!
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 10:52 PM
To clarify: Colin Baker was Doctor in the most stonkeringly bad era of Dr. Who ever. No one could have done decently with how the character was written.

And no, I did not like that era of Who.
Theorist
#34 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 11:47 PM
To clarify: Colin Baker was Doctor in the most stonkeringly bad era of Dr. Who ever. No one could have done decently with how the character was written.

And no, I did not like that era of Who.

Well of course, it wasn't Baker's fault. It was a combination of the director, writers, and costume artists who all collectively contributed to a very bad couple of seasons. Personally Davison was my favourite classic doctor, which is why Colin always ends up in the unfavourable position of playing a sharp contrast to everything I liked about Doctor 5 every time I re-watch classic Who. (which has been a lot)
Forum Resident
#35 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 2:52 AM Last edited by Averex : 18th Jul 2017 at 4:44 PM. Reason: my "apology" at the end probably still came across as rude
You're allowed to like it if you want to. However, this is a forum for discussing ALL things related to The Sims 4, including complaints. If you want to go to an echo chamber where everybody loves the game and praises it constantly, go to the official forums. Otherwise, please get used to hearing opinions other than your own. This forum is public, and we don't appreciate people telling us to stop expressing our opinions just because they don't like hearing honest opinions from fans and thought they were gonna get another La La Land when they came here.

(My apologies if this came across as rude. I've just seen quite a lot of people who like the game take offense to other people's opinions and decide they should start policing what the rest of us say because they want validation, and I think people should have the right to express how they feel about a game they paid money for)

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#36 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 3:11 AM
WELL! I think it's about god-damn time!

Normally I'm completely against a character magically changing race or gender with no storytelling reason, but when the doctor can supposedly regenerate into -anything- and so far he's just been a bunch of white British men, it's gettin' a bit samey.

It coiuld have been worse it could have been a white american man then everyone could really have lost there minds he he he he
Forum Resident
#37 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 3:19 AM
How did this thread suddenly turn into a Doctor Who discussion?

I hate to be "that person," but could we maybe get back on topic please?

My Claim to Fame
Field Researcher
#38 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
I want to start making more Sims stories. I almost started making a story for TS4 because it's way easier to do CAS, but decided against it because no weather. I have too many rain scenes. So I stuck with TS3 for that.

Personally, I really hope that you do!
Operation Story Revival -GO! *claps*
dodgy builder
#39 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 6:00 AM
And all of it was deserved. TS4 had one of the most poorly handled launches and ad campaigns that I'd ever seen in a video game. It was embarrassing.

I agree on it being deserved, but I didn't get to open the game until 2 days after launch in the us. It felt like people who wanted to enjoy it was bullied into submission.

Quote:
I will never not call bullshit on statements like that. Your enjoyment of something should never be influenced by the opinions of others. You know how many horrible things I like that get insulted by the rest of the fandoms I'm a part. (Try being a fan of the Fairy Tail series right now and then talk to me about negative fandoms XD)

If you like the game then enjoy it. Who cares what the rest of the fandom thinks? You want some more positivity? Take it upon yourself to spread it. You sure as hell arent alone.

I just have to pull out a much used saying. It's easy for you to say. You don't know anything about me, and a humble approach might be more beneficial. I'm not going to tell you anything about me though, so you'll just stay in the dark I guess.

I do however agree on the rule, but when you meet a wall of negativity on all the things you do, you have to be sick not getting a bit depressed. We all meet problems from time to time and you just have to get through it whoever you are.
Theorist
#40 Old 18th Jul 2017 at 11:08 AM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 18th Jul 2017 at 12:11 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
I just have to pull out a much used saying. It's easy for you to say. You don't know anything about me, and a humble approach might be more beneficial. I'm not going to tell you anything about me though, so you'll just stay in the dark I guess.

I do however agree on the rule, but when you meet a wall of negativity on all the things you do, you have to be sick not getting a bit depressed. We all meet problems from time to time and you just have to get through it whoever you are.

I thought TS4 was banned in Russia...

Also I can't imagine peer pressure as one of those pitiable issues that are worth any kind of recognition. If you give in to people's opinions around you because of negativity then that's your issue, but no amount of telling people they could never possibly understand is going to make them feel bad or sorry for your situation. Nor does it make the argument that we should stifle our opinions any more valid.

I know I sound harsh but, peer pressure is not an actual issue.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
I know the TS4 critical threads aren't perfect when it comes to staying on topic, but at least they start with a specific topic.

"I like TS4" threads are too broad and don't really promote discussion. It boils down to...I like TS4, you like TS4. Okay, now what? I'm not mocking you, OP. I'm just making a suggestion. Please be more specific. Talk about what you like. Maybe bring up your play style. Do you like rotations? Make a thread about how that play style works for you in TS4. Do you see any improvements in TS4? Mention them.

And at the end of the day, if people are not satisfied with a game they paid for, I think it's fair to provide feedback or just vent.

If broad topics don't promote discussion, where are all these replies coming from? It's now at 2 pages of discussion. And I did ask specific questions and mention specific things, such as a separate area for complaints and asking if there are people who just really like the game for what it is at the moment. And I'm fine with people disagreeing with me, I just wanted to see what would be said on the subject of a lot of complaints versus people that come here just to discuss game play and how much they like the game versus what people thought about a separate area for venting/complaints. I like hearing people's views and I've enjoyed reading everyone's response. And I knew that no one was really going to take me seriously on separate complaining area, I just wanted to see what other people thought on it.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annoellyn
It's now at 2 pages of discussion.

And half of the second page was spent talking about Doctor Who

Forum Resident
#43 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 4:16 AM
I'm sorry, but segregating the forums just isn't a good idea. If you don't believe me feel free to check out the Receptacle.

My Claim to Fame
Theorist
#44 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:17 AM

Damn right it was. Currently watching the Terror of the Autons arc. I love The Master.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:39 AM

That's because this subject has be talked to death, it just says the same thing over and over.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 5:52 AM
It's perfectly fine to like the game. It's also fine to not like the game. People can have differing opinions and it's mostly fine. As mentioned, this board is open to all players of the game and is open to most discussions about the game. The game isn't particularly well-received in the community, so you are bound to hear dissenting opinion often. Shoving negative thoughts into its own place isn't healthy for the community. It doesn't foster discussion and the exchange of thought. So whilst it may be annoying, it's better for the community overall to be able to discuss all matters, positive or negative, in the same space. If you don't like someone's negativity, leave a disagree on their post and move on. You could even reply to the person and join the discussion (although I would suggest being constructive when doing this).

If you want nothing but positivity, then head on over to the official forums, where SimGuruDrake will breathe down your neck and make sure your posts are nothing but radiating praise for the game.
Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:05 AM
Damn right it was. Currently watching the Terror of the Autons arc. I love The Master.

Still my favorite Master, Anthony Ainsley.
Theorist
#48 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:20 PM
Still my favorite Master, Anthony Ainsley.

TBH I was amazed how much Michelle Gomez managed to somehow look like the original master while still being female. The casting was outstanding. They look like they could have been siblings. xD
Forum Resident
#49 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 9:35 AM
I was an on-the-fence family player leaning to the negative side before toddlers were released, not only because of them but also because the game lacked 'love to detail'. For some reason they've decided to make 2017 the "We Care For the Little Things"-year (no pun intended). I have a feeling that had to do with the "whining" about how details and depth were missing so although I like the game now, I value every form of feedback.
Test Subject
#50 Old 25th Jul 2017 at 9:44 AM
I'd like to say I like it, but it's an awful game. I uninstalled it today, enough Sims 4 for me after almost 3 years
Page 2 of 3