Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#26 Old 16th Jul 2017 at 11:59 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 17th Jul 2017 at 12:09 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
That's not really how much TS4 costs.

It costs a ridiculous amount of money (and time) if you count the base game + DLC + time it takes for basic features to be brought back. This is not a very "player-first" business model, even though EA claims otherwise.

So there weren't an ass-ton of DLC needing of sim points on the exchange, expansion packs (11) and stuff packs (9) with sims 3??? Stuff that I could never own because of the cost of it all?

Oh thats right, apparently there wasn't.

Sims 2 also had 8 and 10 expansion and stuff packs.

"Basic features to be brought back" assuming toddlers and pools here... now that it has that, if someone wants to try the base game for 15$ why shouldn't they.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 12:12 AM
From the perspective of a former Sims 4 player (It was my first game, and I have GTW) turned Sims 2 player, I'd say wait a bit, and see how things play out. If the base game is VERY cheap, get it, and try it out for yourself. In my opinion GTW was rather half-baked, and its only redeeming features were aliens and the science career. Gameplay tends to lack depth, and many features are being parsed up into stuff packs. Also, the game gets pretty boring rather quickly, in my experience. Anyways, for now I'd just try out the trial or base game, and wait until the other content decreases substantially (in price).

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Instructor
#28 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 5:38 AM Last edited by Emperor Crat : 17th Jul 2017 at 6:41 PM.
I also paid 70 US for the basegame TS4 when it recently hit the shelves
Why did auto correct say baseball

What's going on in your game group here: http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=906
Check it out ;)
Instructor
#29 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emperor Crat
I also paid 70 US for the baseball TS4 when it recently hit the shelves

Call the police, because you were robbed!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newlibertysims
I know TS2 isn't perfect out of the box, but at least it's "complete." No more expansions, most mods are up-to-date. You have what you have. And you don't have to worry about updating your game and custom content.
True, that's an advantage of a game no longer in development. I waited forever to add custom content to Sims 3 because it kept breaking. But one advantage of Sims 4 over Sims 2 is the inherent corruption in the Sims 2 game. Be careful how you interact with certain NPCs, such as the remote car and Mrs. Crumplebottom and do not, under any circumstances, do what they tell you to do in the guide book - do not delete graves or Sims out of the Sim bin.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
True, that's an advantage of a game no longer in development. I waited forever to add custom content to Sims 3 because it kept breaking. But one advantage of Sims 4 over Sims 2 is the inherent corruption in the Sims 2 game. Be careful how you interact with certain NPCs, such as the remote car and Mrs. Crumplebottom and do not, under any circumstances, do what they tell you to do in the guide book - do not delete graves or Sims out of the Sim bin.

lol, agreed. It's like playing with chemical biohazard, it's fun yet dangerous
Theorist
#32 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 10:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Motorcitydude
Call the police, because you were robbed!

Not the least reason for which being there is no such thing as a baseball pack @_@

Man, these bootleggers are getting good!
Inventor
#33 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 12:22 PM
I wanted to go from sims 2 to sims 4 when it was anounced, skipping sims 3 as I was not a fan. But in my opinion sims 2 is ways better than sims 4, unfortunately I cant get sims 2 to work right anymore. In the end I went to sims 3 anyway, and drowned the parts I didnt like in CC. Sims 3 is also still ways better than sims 4 mind you.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 1:31 PM
Don't forget, you can always play test and experiment with the free trial (48 hours).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 5:45 PM
thanks everybody. you all gave me a lot of very good information to think about.
Page 2 of 2