Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 8:41 PM
Default How many households do you have in your neighbourhood?
From the Playing hoods in rotation thread:

Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I am probably the worst rotational player on earth. All I can say is that I start at one point and then continue to the next one when I feel like it - and over time I did get through all 152 households in Black Rock Moutain. At least once!

Quote: Originally posted by SIMelissa
<SIMelissa's jaw drops!> 152 households!!! I don't think I've ever had more than 20 households at any given time. Truly, I am impressed!

Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I currently have 14 households in my Four Corners-Bitville, which is actually quite a lot less than it started with, because the majority of sims (including every single sim in Bitville) started out as a single-sim household. Of those households, I control 12 and my husband controls 2. It's currently my biggest hood and undoubtedly the largest I've ever played in rotation.

Anyways, how many households do you have in your neighborhood? (Or neighborhoods, for those playing multiple ones). I'll give my answer a little later.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 8:45 PM
Well...since everyone already knows my largest one...

I've also got my Frontier hood which currently has 2 households.

I'm not entirely sure how many households are in my other hoods; I'd have to check.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 8:57 PM
I have 33 households in my Strangetown/Widespot 'hood. I'd say 32 but David Ottomas has went to University, I haven't played him there yet but he's in a dorm, so until he most likely moves back in with his family it's 33. I'm sure as I continue the round (i'm really only on the first one) more will get added to Uni too. That's from Strangetown/Widespot/La Fiesta Tech/and some bin families. And adding a pleasure family to Widespot.

I have another hood i'm in the process of creating that currently has 8 households but i'm not done making them yet. Not sure how many there will be when i'm done.

With families expanding though I know there will be many many more with time. That goes for both the 'hoods.

My Simblr
He/They
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 9:52 PM
I've got about 24 in Bellefleur-but that's going to expand exponentially when all of the kids in the households with them move out to their own places. Probably will end up with about 60 or so at this rate.
In Pleasantville Towne (merged nh) I've got 40 right out of the starting gate and I don't even want to think how many will break off for their own..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 9:53 PM
My biggest hood actually had 224 families and then there also were 6 dorms with 6 playable students each at Uni. It did - in the end - went the invisible fire spaceball thing way. It was completely vanilla (days before I knew about modding) and lasted for more than 4 and a half years Vanished around 2010). It was a hood I started with just the base game, and I simply moved in the bin Sims as they came along, and made some families along the way as well. It had to have been as corrupted as can be, yet I never noticed anything going wrong until the hood was gone one day - kind of strange.

I just want it all I want doctors and soldiers and dancers and housewives and sims trying to live off the land or running businesses. I want rich sims and poor sims and middle class sims and sims of all ages. (And that is just to start with ).

Some of you may know that my game also seem to like twins (all my hoods, no mods, no cheesecake, it just happens). I did see it as a problem once; now I actually enjoy the twin thing - but a lot of twins, once grown up, make a hood expand rather quickly. (And I don't kill them, I rather let them live as long as possible, because I have important roles for elders in my hoods). Also, I do not use any aging mods (although I do turn aging off quite often), because I actually like seeing my sims going through the life stages.

And sometimes, I just feel like adding a new family (or two, or three) - because new families do move into hoods, don't they?
Scholar
#6 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 10:01 PM
My hood gas has around 80 i think. I haven't totaled the number though so i am not too sure. Ranges from one sim to 16 sims including pets.
One lot had 25 sims on it.
I am trying to flesh out each house hold so they have a role in the society.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 10:11 PM
From memory in Veronaville and attached Bluewater/downtown I have about 32. In Desiderata Valley about 10 active households.
Alchemist
#8 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 10:28 PM
playable households?
past times playing, each married couple was its own household. that kind of varied between neighborhoods.
this time playing; it kind of still varies. most of my playing has been in AnyGameStarter; more specifically, in its Mini Game neighborhood. have at times added 1 or more pre-made college.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 19th Jul 2017 at 11:38 PM
I believe there currently is 22 households in my build a city challenge, which is still amazes me because it started with 7 sims, 1 household. My largest 'hood had something like 48 households if I remember correctly (I know for certain it was 40+) though I didn't play that one in rotation style like my build a city challenge 'hood.

Cove Family (ts4 family tree)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 12:04 AM
Little Carping has 50-something households, 57 right now I think. It's usually hovering around the 60 mark but it does vary.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#11 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 12:24 AM
Sheffield has 37 regular households and 5 student households; Belladonna Cove has 17 regular households and 1 college household, plus 4 households waiting to be played in; Victoriana has 19 regular households and 1 college household; and Carr Crossing, which will eventually be my new BaCC, has three households waiting to be played in but nobody actually resident yet.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 12:28 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 20th Jul 2017 at 1:54 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
From memory in Veronaville and attached Bluewater/downtown I have about 32.
That's remarkably similar to mine. In myour Veronaville, with Downtown, Bluewater and Monopolis (Monopoly Game Town) attached there are 30 playable households, comprising 88 Sims. Only one of these (Rich Uncle Milburn Pennybags himself) currently lives in Monopolis.

Most recently I have been playing Elswyn, the 'hood I created for joandsarah77's Community Spirit contest. There are 10 households there, six of them families specified by Jo. The old hippie couple had an adult daughter who has left home and set up on her own, with her teenage "toy boy" boyfriend moved in. The other 3 families are ones I made in CAS.

Also new this year is Baldrair Bluffs with Land Grant University attached. There are 10 families currently living at the Bluffs, with 6 more occupied households at the university. 3 of these are dorms, 2 are Greek Houses and one (the Printer Sisters) is an "ordinary" private residence. I haven't played all Peni's students properly yet, as I got side-tracked when Jo started her contest!

My "old" custom island 'hood of New Desconia has 13 playable households. Some townies are quite prominent in the community there, but there's a shortage of suitable land to build houses for them, if the tiny island is to retain any of its original rural character.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 12:40 AM
My medieval 'hood has about 45. As of last night, my new modern 'hood has 4, but I expect to have a couple more households in the next few days.
Scholar
#14 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 1:28 AM
How many households do you have in your neighbourhood?

Hahahahahahaha!

Oh, too many...

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 2:08 AM
In Oakbrook, I have 180 households and 504 playable Sims.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 3:11 AM
Not sure, 20 perhaps. Having too many 50+ is what makes me lose interest. I already have a longer aging mod and play very slowly so to see progress I need fewer families.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#17 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 4:00 AM
Oh my goodness, I'm impressed with how many some of you have! I have ten playable households including a dorm. That's a 'hood that started with five Sims, has gone on five generations, and has been played about two years. Large families are more fun for me to play so I try to keep siblings and their spouses and their kids and the grandparents all together in a big house until they start bursting at the seams. Then they're reluctantly broken up.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 4:01 AM
My current BACC challenge has 11 households and I feel like they're getting to be a bit too many for my taste. I don't know how one manages to play through 152 households but it is admirable! I have a total of 31 sims in my neighborhood and I have a hard time keeping track of them and their stories, I can't imagine even attempting that many households.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fouksia
I don't know how one manages to play through 152 households

I am not in a hurry
Mad Poster
#20 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:44 AM
I am not in a hurry

That's so cool. I'm sort of in a hurry myself...I feel like some kinda faker or something, having played this game (off and on) for over a decade and never actually played a single sim from birth to adulthood. I don't even know if I've ever manged to play one to teen! Like, the rest of you all seem so far ahead of me. I wanna actually get into a proper second generation at some point.
Scholar
#21 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 6:55 AM
So I counted up the number of households
20(Main) + 20(Shopping District) + 27(Downtown) + 6(University) +17(Sim Bin) =90. I was close with 80. This also included all the families from all the hoods as well. Before that it was 54.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 8:13 AM
16. Thought it was more, but then I counted.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 9:48 AM
I have 23 playable households, though two of them aren't being played - the sims there haven't become involved in the story being played out so I have held them back in reserve for the next one.
Scholar
#24 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 10:03 AM
I am easily bored, so I have many families. And I don't play in rotation. That would be a chore to me, and not fun at all.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 20th Jul 2017 at 10:15 AM
I am not in a hurry

I seriously wish I had the patience or the attention span for that. The longest I've ever managed to play a neighborhood is 3 generations. I've tried hard, too, I spent years trying to even start a legacy challenge, for example, but there's no way in hell I'll ever manage that, lol. Even when I only played one household and made the spares into townies and/or placed them in lots and ignored them, I never made it past the 3d generation.
Page 1 of 2