Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:00 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default glitch pot hands sim
Hi everyone! Today I found out one glitch or bug on my sims 2 live mode. My sims have a bunch of flowers the whole time. I tried restart the game, restart the sims (with testingcheat) but still there. Please, any other solution? The glitch/bug just appears when the sim is at home, when is in other lot or I am playing with other sim, does not have the flowers.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:11 PM
It happens from time to time. I once had a Sim get sunflowers stuck on her head. What I usually do is have boolProp testingcheatsenabled true (do this in neighbourhood view, before loading the lot), and very carefully select the object (not the Sim), shift-click it, press Force Error, and delete.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:13 PM
Thanks Ihate, this is a trick I never heard(read?) before.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:14 PM
Try using this cheat: MoveObjects on, and then try to see if you can select the flowers and delete them. Hopefully that will work.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 7:36 PM
I once had a pterydactyl stuck to a sim's hand - but only on his home lot. When the household moved to another lot, the pterydactyl was gone. I had never heard of the testingcheats method before; worth trying.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:24 PM
I once had a pterodactyl stuck to a sim's head! (Also the TV dinner box seemed to get stuck to sims fairly regularly awhile back.) I don't remember what I did to fix it, but I'm glad to know there's more than one thing to try if it happens again.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:26 PM
Moveobjects is safer. You should be able to pick up the vase and delete it while in buy mode.

I've had plenty of fun with moveobjects. I once had a plantsim I "planted" daisies on. Looked rather ridiculous. I've also had strange things get stuck on sims, but usually Moveobjects is enough to remove it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
It happens from time to time. I once had a Sim get sunflowers stuck on her head. What I usually do is have boolProp testingcheatsenabled true (do this in neighbourhood view, before loading the lot), and very carefully select the object (not the Sim), shift-click it, press Force Error, and delete.

I did it but does not work, when I press it, it shines but the menu does not appears . Do you have other trick?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
Try using this cheat: MoveObjects on, and then try to see if you can select the flowers and delete them. Hopefully that will work.

does not work for me, do you have other trick, please?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Moveobjects is safer. You should be able to pick up the vase and delete it while in buy mode.

I've had plenty of fun with moveobjects. I once had a plantsim I "planted" daisies on. Looked rather ridiculous. I've also had strange things get stuck on sims, but usually Moveobjects is enough to remove it.

the system not allow me to pick up it, I enter the code (moveobjects on) and I can pick up the sim, but not the florwers, when I pass the mouse, it is like a normal one, no the hand to pick up. Do you have other trick, please?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I once had a pterydactyl stuck to a sim's hand - but only on his home lot. When the household moved to another lot, the pterydactyl was gone. I had never heard of the testingcheats method before; worth trying.

Did it work for you?
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by la_rrocker
I did it but does not work, when I press it, it shines but the menu does not appears . Do you have other trick?

Are there other Sims in the household? If so, this might work. Pick the Sim up with moveobjects. Press the delete key. Save the lot and go to the neighbourhood. When you reload the lot, they'll appear back at the mailbox. It's perfectly safe to do as long as you're not on an owned business lot (that borks up easily).

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:04 PM
Did it work for you?

He carried that pterydactyl around till the household moved out and into a new lot. He left it behind, then. I couldn't touch the thing with move_objects, either.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Are there other Sims in the household? If so, this might work. Pick the Sim up with moveobjects. Press the delete key. Save the lot and go to the neighbourhood. When you reload the lot, they'll appear back at the mailbox. It's perfectly safe to do as long as you're not on an owned business lot (that borks up easily).

The sim of the picture lives alone, but I going to try with other sim with the same "flowers" problem, I tell you what happen.
I restored the sims with insimenator (temporal adjustor), changing her age, from teen to independent teen, at the moment, the flowers disappears, but I would like to check with the time if it really worked or not.

I think the way to delete it is restoring the sim with the glitch.

I am going to try your trick with the other sim that is not alone. Let see what happen!
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:08 PM
Doesn't the batbox have some setting for stuck objects? Not sure if there's one for when sims hold the object, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
He carried that pterydactyl around till the household moved out and into a new lot. He left it behind, then. I couldn't touch the thing with move_objects, either.

do you think that maybe is the lot which causes the glitch? because I have two sims in the same apartment lot, I mean, in the same lot but in different apartment (are not living together). So, maybe is the lot which has the fault
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Doesn't the batbox have some setting for stuck objects? Not sure if there's one for when sims hold the object, though.

I do not exactly know the meaning of batbox, sorry!!, is it the menu of the sim when I click on him/her?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 9:24 PM
The sim of the picture lives alone, but I going to try with other sim with the same "flowers" problem, I tell you what happen.
I restored the sims with insimenator (temporal adjustor), changing her age, from teen to independent teen, at the moment, the flowers disappears, but I would like to check with the time if it really worked or not.

I think the way to delete it is restoring the sim with the glitch.

I am going to try your trick with the other sim that is not alone. Let see what happen!

It worked as well!! I am going to use the sim for a while, like the other one, to see if appears or not the flowers or other objects. At the moment, her hands are clear!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#19 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 10:05 PM
@la_rrocker - can you please stop triple and quadruple posting - it's against the site rules. If you want to add to what you have said, please use the edit button on your post.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 10:18 PM
I do not exactly know the meaning of batbox, sorry!!, is it the menu of the sim when I click on him/her?

@la_rrocker Glad to read that it worked, but I thought I would answer your question regarding "the Bat Box" it refers to a object Mod by J. M. Pescado from MATY {stands for More Awesome Than You} you can find it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=72.0 it is actually named ffsdebugger.package btw.

A lot of people find it very Useful, including me, I recommend that you download it and put it in a subfolder of your Downloads folder.

The "Bat Box" is called this because it looks like a box with the Bat Symbol on it, anyway it has a number of very useful things it can do, read the Fine Manual.

J. M. Pescado has a number of other Mods that are very useful and some are considered esential. Some of them are antiredundancy.package, creaturefixes.package, nocorruptdeath.package, and nounlinkondelete.package.

He has a number of others that I like and several others that other people like, you should look around and see.

The best option I think is to download the Director's Cut that is appropiate for your game and then pick and choose Mods from that group, that is what I did eventually.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@la_rrocker Glad to read that it worked, but I thought I would answer your question regarding "the Bat Box" it refers to a object Mod by J. M. Pescado from MATY {stands for More Awesome Than You} you can find it here: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s....php?topic=72.0 it is actually named ffsdebugger.package btw.

A lot of people find it very Useful, including me, I recommend that you download it and put it in a subfolder of your Downloads folder.

The "Bat Box" is called this because it looks like a box with the Bat Symbol on it, anyway it has a number of very useful things it can do, read the Fine Manual.

J. M. Pescado has a number of other Mods that are very useful and some are considered esential. Some of them are antiredundancy.package, creaturefixes.package, nocorruptdeath.package, and nounlinkondelete.package.

He has a number of others that I like and several others that other people like, you should look around and see.

The best option I think is to download the Director's Cut that is appropiate for your game and then pick and choose Mods from that group, that is what I did eventually.

Thank you!! I am very glad, my sims are free of flowers!
I knew J. M. Pescado, I think I have some mod by him, but I am not sure what exactly do some of his mod. I read here that the batbox "resets" stuck sims or stuff, right? I am not really sure, sorry!
I looked Director's Cut on the J. M. Pescado web, but I am very lost now, are many of them. I neither have the one that you mention before. is it suppose that I need on my game?
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 10:52 PM
Here you can learn more about the batbox:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/FFS_Lot_Debugger

And yes it's very useful, you should definitely download it, it lets you fix a lot of little issues.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
Here you can learn more about the batbox:
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/FFS_Lot_Debugger

And yes it's very useful, you should definitely download it, it lets you fix a lot of little issues.

That is great to know!! next time that happen this, I going to try with the bat box!! thanks guys!!! :lovestruc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 19th Aug 2017 at 11:07 PM
@la_rrocker Please do not double and triple post, it's against site rules. if you have more to add use the edit button.

have you tried resetting your sim? Put on move objects, delete, save and exit to hood view, reload the lot. Your sim will be standing by the mail box. Make sure you move in another sim first though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#25 Old 20th Aug 2017 at 12:13 AM
Heh heh - gotcha

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 1 of 2