Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wee Ones Adoption Center

by Goldenbtrfly Posted 10th Sep 2017 at 2:18 PM - Updated 21st May 2018 at 5:53 PM by Goldenbtrfly : display cot updated link, typo correction

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 2:24 PM
I was wondering when someone would make this adoption center! Thanks so much!
My childless pixels will be grateful for the new addition to their families!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 3:14 PM
@FranH - Thank you so much! I was surprised it hasn't been done! It's been an idea since they first announced the theme, so I'm happy to see it come to life too.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 10th Sep 2017 at 11:00 PM
Not sure how I'd use it, but I still wanted to comment because it's really cute. I've never been to an adoption center but this is exactly what I'd want one to look like. It's very cute. I especially like the color combinations in the crib-area. Very well done!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 3:29 AM
Lovely idea....thanks so much!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 6:08 AM
@gummilutt - Aww, thanks for the nice comment! I love the colors in the crib area too, they're so soft and soothing. If you wanted, you could swap the food area for some kind of parenting class section? Just an idea...

@olyoldone - Thank you so much!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 3:38 PM
This is a neat way to approach sim adoption! I made a foster care / adoption center a while ago to go with a challenge I'm writing, and I had never heard of this adoption crib! Brilliant. I also love how you put those lamps inside the fence at reception - clever! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Sep 2017 at 11:06 PM
@Phaenoh - Thank you! *blush* I figured it would be neat idea to make a lot around Chris's awesome item, and I'm pleased it seems well-received.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Sep 2017 at 10:22 PM
Thank you
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 7:56 AM
Brilliant idea, wonderfully executed- love it!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Sep 2017 at 6:39 PM
Thank you, @Debby1957! I appreciate all your comments.

@attuned - Thank you so much! *blush* I appreciate the advise you gave me.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Sep 2017 at 2:00 AM
It looks really cute! I'm surprised such a lot can even exist. I look forward to using it in the future! <3
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 16th Sep 2017 at 10:57 PM
@kiddypatches - Awww, thank you! I really hope you enjoy it.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Oct 2017 at 7:53 PM
I tried it - GREAT! Had to do a slight remodel; added more cribs, plus regular cribs with "babies" that are statues (available in different poses and colors) for that "overstocked" look. Added a coffee bar. FUN
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Oct 2017 at 2:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I tried it - GREAT! Had to do a slight remodel; added more cribs, plus regular cribs with "babies" that are statues (available in different poses and colors) for that "overstocked" look. Added a coffee bar. FUN

I'm so happy to hear that @grammapat - that really made my morning! Thank you for the lovely comments and great idea on the baby statues.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:02 PM
this amazing thank you :D
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 6:34 PM
@Lilcandy98 - Thank YOU for the comment! I'm so pleased that you like it!
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:01 PM
I really love this @Goldenbtrfly but I have a question. When you view the details of the zipfile it says Sims3Pack and the extension of the lot is .sims while all the lots I downloaded are .sims2pack.
Is that normal? Can I just download this?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 5:34 PM
@lientebollemeis - Yeah, it's weird, but it looks like all the home files (not just mine) say that when you click details. Never-the-less, it's fine to download and install and it is definitely for Sims 2. Make sure to check more of the details, because they all have the .sims extension for me when I view them, and I just checked a good 10 or so under Residential that are not mine. Where did you download ones that are .sims2pack?
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldenbtrfly
@lientebollemeis - Yeah, it's weird, but it looks like all the home files (not just mine) say that when you click details. Never-the-less, it's fine to download and install and it is definitely for Sims 2. Make sure to check more of the details, because they all have the .sims extension for me when I view them, and I just checked a good 10 or so under Residential that are not mine. Where did you download ones that are .sims2pack?

Indeed others have the same issue.
I am sorry I didnt notice that. I must have download and not viewing the details but I am sure I downloaded lots on MTS before (might be a long time ago) when there was no problem.
But I am glad that I can just download this without worrying.
Again sorry for my mistake.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
Indeed others have the same issue.
I am sorry I didnt notice that. I must have download and not viewing the details but I am sure I downloaded lots on MTS before (might be a long time ago) when there was no problem.
But I am glad that I can just download this without worrying.
Again sorry for my mistake.

Oh, it's no problem! You're right to question things going into your game, and I'm glad I was able to help. Enjoy.
I do wonder why it says that though.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:58 PM
I have been having adoption pool problems, but had so many related hacks (there are SO many ways to stop social workers, and adopt, sell, give up, babies, toddlers, kids, even teens. I HAD fixed it, leaving the Social Workers in control (except for hot/cold). In a hood where I KNEW there were babies, toddlers, AND KIDS that had been taken by SW, none of them showed up in regular "call to adopt". Thank goodness they WERE at the adoption pool (took some really sad pictures). Is it possible the cribs interfere with the regular adoption pool?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I have been having adoption pool problems, but had so many related hacks (there are SO many ways to stop social workers, and adopt, sell, give up, babies, toddlers, kids, even teens. I HAD fixed it, leaving the Social Workers in control (except for hot/cold). In a hood where I KNEW there were babies, toddlers, AND KIDS that had been taken by SW, none of them showed up in regular "call to adopt". Thank goodness they WERE at the adoption pool (took some really sad pictures). Is it possible the cribs interfere with the regular adoption pool?

@grammapat
I have no clue, as I don't have children who get taken away/given up. The best person to ask would be Chris Hatch since they are his creation. I'm sorry I can't be of more help.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 6:16 PM
Hi all - fab idea, really want to be able to use it! Couple of things, which link do I need to be downloading? Can't seem to get it to work on my Sims. Secondly, if it did work, where would I find it on my game? Any tips for downloading welcome! Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Jan 2018 at 7:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CharlotteAndrews
Hi all - fab idea, really want to be able to use it! Couple of things, which link do I need to be downloading? Can't seem to get it to work on my Sims. Secondly, if it did work, where would I find it on my game? Any tips for downloading welcome! Thanks.

@CharlotteAndrews - I'll try to help as much as I can. I'll send you a PM.
Basically if you want the Custom Content cribs included you need the file that says "Wee Ones Adoption Center"
If you rather have NO custom content included in the download, you need the file that says "Wee Ones Adoption Center no CC"
THIS IS ALSO FOR SIMS 2.
Page 1 of 2