Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Wolfdude's Alcohol mod

by Wolfdude Posted 2nd Nov 2017 at 5:48 PM - Updated 8th Nov 2017 at 6:19 PM by Wolfdude

108 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 63 Feedback Posts, 44 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 6:56 PM
wait so Sims who drink only a reasonable amount also get drunk? not just buzzed? is there a way to avoid that?
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 6:56 PM
Very nice! Reminds me of how it worked in the Sims Medieval
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 8:16 PM
wow Sims are lightweights then
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 8:31 PM
Very clever and funny, Thanks very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 9:23 PM
Thank you so freaking much
I've been looking for a mod like this for so lomg
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 9:57 PM
Awesome idea
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 12:26 AM
Cool! I can actually do a Mardi Gras or St. Patty's Day party with realistic consequences.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 1:13 AM
I love this, hands down.
Banned
#10 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 2:35 AM
will they get drunk off of ANY drink? I have many sims who wouldn't touch a drop of alcohol in their lives, so I don't want all of my sims doing it. also, just as some feedback, I don't think the sims should get buzzed after one drink, that's very unrealistic. but then again, I don't understand trait making, so maybe this was unavoidable.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 3:38 AM
yeeesss
thank you so much for this mod !! I've been looking for it for a while
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 8:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reitanna
will they get drunk off of ANY drink? I have many sims who wouldn't touch a drop of alcohol in their lives, so I don't want all of my sims doing it. also, just as some feedback, I don't think the sims should get buzzed after one drink, that's very unrealistic. but then again, I don't understand trait making, so maybe this was unavoidable.
They put strings of code (i think that's what that is) in the description that ends in names of drinks so I'd assume those are the drinks that are affected
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
wait so Sims who drink only a reasonable amount also get drunk? not just buzzed? is there a way to avoid that?

Not really avoidable, although I guess I could make it so that buzzed buff and the drunk buff are sperate instead and require the sim to drink more to progress from buzzed to drunk.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 10:18 PM

No, they can only get drunk off the drinks that are listed at the bottom of the description. There are still a few drinks your sims can drink like Cream Cola and Root beer Float without getting drunk. Also, the only option that I had was to make it so that there was a lower chance that they could get drunk every time they had a drink. (At least to my knowledge, I'm still learning so there might be another way.) Right now it's set to 100% so they'll always get drunk off a drink, but if I were to lower it it would be possible to not get drunk off the first drink. However, I feel like this would make things too inconsistent since one time it could take a sim 3 drinks to get drunk, while another they could still end up getting drunk on the first drink.
Banned
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfdude
No, they can only get drunk off the drinks that are listed at the bottom of the description. There are still a few drinks your sims can drink like Cream Cola and Root beer Float without getting drunk. Also, the only option that I had was to make it so that there was a lower chance that they could get drunk every time they had a drink. (At least to my knowledge, I'm still learning so there might be another way.) Right now it's set to 100% so they'll always get drunk off a drink, but if I were to lower it it would be possible to not get drunk off the first drink. However, I feel like this would make things too inconsistent since one time it could take a sim 3 drinks to get drunk, while another they could still end up getting drunk on the first drink.

well, that'd actually be more realistic since everyone has different tolerances. for instance, someone who drinks frequently could get buzzed off of the fifth drink, whereas someone like me who doesn't drink at all would probably get drunk after the first one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Nov 2017 at 11:10 PM
Thanks for this lovely mod!!!!👍👍👍👍👍
Field Researcher
#17 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wolfdude
Not really avoidable, although I guess I could make it so that buzzed buff and the drunk buff are sperate instead and require the sim to drink more to progress from buzzed to drunk.

That makes sense to me, just have it like you have drunk > wasted, where buzzed > drunk only occurs if you keep drinking after you have the buzzed buff already.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 1:33 PM Last edited by cinthila : 4th Nov 2017 at 1:50 PM.
I tend to agree with everybody. I love this mod, I tried it yesterday and it's nice to finally see the consequences of my sims' heavy drinking tendencies. However, I do feel like drunk after just one drink is too quick. I drink, i would say, should have no effect just a happy moddlet 'cause a drink helps relax. Than, second drink, buzzed; third drink, maybe drunk or like very tipsy; fourth is drunk (if third was very tipsy) or wasted. And then, hangover !!
I also think that that the first moddlet should be a happy or energized, which is quite realistic i think for the 2 first drinks. Maybe the dazzed moodlet can show up after the 3rd drink, when the sim is actually drunk and can feel a bit weird.

Anyway, those are my thoughts on your great project and I hope you like them !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 10:38 PM
Thank you so much. We had ani_'s drunk mod in Sims 3 and I thought we'd never get for 4. Again, Great Job!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 6:42 AM
Someone add the strings for leniad's alcohol drinks cc! http://sims4studio.com/thread/6924/...upboard?page=10
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 1:32 PM
First, this is awesome! I can't wait to try it out. It sounds hilarious and simply fabulous, particularly with no bad consequences yet. I LOVE that there are stages to this. Adds nice detail that can lead to some fun variability. I did want to know, do you know if this will conflict with the "Drink, drank, drunk" mod by Candyd at all? I believe that it is also on MTS and is going for a better drinking experience with sims as well, so I expect that similar modification was needed of the drink files. Regardless, this is great. Can't wait for future versions. If you do make a death consequences version, could you also please make a no overdose version too. Just so my problem drinkers don't die when I'm not looking. ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 2:17 PM
<3 <3 <3 I love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 6:41 PM
Awesome sauce. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 5th Nov 2017 at 9:03 PM
fantastic, well done!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 5:26 AM Last edited by Wolfdude : 6th Nov 2017 at 6:29 AM.
well, that'd actually be more realistic since everyone has different tolerances. for instance, someone who drinks frequently could get buzzed off of the fifth drink, whereas someone like me who doesn't drink at all would probably get drunk after the first one.

I think you might've misunderstood me. The percentage is applied to the drinks, so rather than it being like different sims having different tolerances, it's more like every sim has a tolerance that fluctuates up and down so it'll end up taking different amounts of drinks every time to get drunk. However, I think I've thought up a decent solution! I can't believe it hadn't occurred to me before, but it's actually possible to make hidden buffs, which could be quite useful! For example, I could make it so that when a sim has the first drink, the hidden buff gets added (although maybe I could also just make a simple happy buff with no effects like Cinthila suggested) 100% of the time, but once a sim has a second or third drink it'll progress to just the buzzed buff by itself, and after another drink or two, progresses to the drunk buff. Also, if I can figure out exactly how to go about it, I could also maybe make another hidden buff that lasts for many days that gets added when a sim drinks frequently and makes it so that it takes more drinks for the sim to get buzzed and drunk to sort of make it like their tolerance increased, and it could probably be the precursor to addiction if the sim keeps on drinking a lot. Since all I have for the tolerance part is a general idea of how it would work it would probably be a while before it actually gets implemented though but hopefully, it will be a nice improvement to the mod when it does!
Page 1 of 5