Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 9:16 PM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 12th Nov 2017 at 9:38 PM.
Not sure if this is relevant to this patch, but since most simmers who use mods probably use Kijiko's eyelashes, I wanted to mention this: it appears Kijiko's eyelashes have got wonky after this patch. It's like the lashes are stretched by bad joint weighting, or something. Don't even understand how could the patch break them. But the lashes didn't use to be so weird. Not sure if this is just my problem, I did try them in vanilla game, but yeah...
Edit: I tested them further. They get especially wonky with certain eye shapes and particularly on occult sims.
Advertisement
Scholar
#52 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
Not sure if this is relevant to this patch, but since most simmers who use mods probably use Kijiko's eyelashes, I wanted to mention this: it appears Kijiko's eyelashes have got wonky after this patch. It's like the lashes are stretched by bad joint weighting, or something. Don't even understand how could the patch break them. But the lashes didn't use to be so weird. Not sure if this is just my problem, I did try them in vanilla game, but yeah...
Edit: I tested them further. They get especially wonky with certain eye shapes and particularly on occult sims.

Kijiko has already updated to version 3.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#53 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:24 PM Last edited by PuffyAmi : 13th Nov 2017 at 12:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Kijiko has already updated to version 3.

Oh, well that changes everything. I should have checked Kijiko's site to begin with, stupid me

Edit: why look at that, the serial disagree-er disagrees that I'm stupid, yay
Scholar
#54 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:37 AM
Btw I heard that there are bugs related to vampire powers, has anyone played them after the patch?

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 7:32 AM
Found out so many of my mods are broken, hopefully, they come out soon and I wish the creators the best of luck in trying to fix things.

you and me together, we were gemini feed
Scholar
#56 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 9:48 AM
Dunno if you've seen this BMVagabond, https://simsvip.com/2017/11/07/inco...r-7-2017-patch/ While lots are broken, a lot have been fixed, some really good ones. I'm just patiently waiting on Coolspear's mods... but I can understand modders frustration! God I wish I knew how to create mods.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#57 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 4:40 PM
Btw I heard that there are bugs related to vampire powers, has anyone played them after the patch?
Vampires lose their power perks once they leave their home lot, is what I have read on the official forum regarding post-patch bugs.
Also deleting Sims from pre-patch saves will damage your save.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ire-traits-lost
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...7f9a6c-8998dd17
Scholar
#58 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Don Babilon
Vampires lose their power perks once they leave their home lot, is what I have read on the official forum regarding post-patch bugs.
Also deleting Sims from pre-patch saves will damage your save.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ire-traits-lost
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...7f9a6c-8998dd17

So we basically can't play vampires, until they patch this? I hope they fix it faster than the gtw detective bug.

Simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#59 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 5:18 AM
So we basically can't play vampires, until they patch this? I hope they fix it faster than the gtw detective bug.

Why does this happen exactly when I'm ready to play vampires for the first time It's like we always have a time limit to play certain aspects of the sims before one of the patches breaks them
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:18 AM
I have a question about custom traits. I heard they are broken, but there are no details, what's so broken about them. Do they completely Dissapear from your sim's Simology, or are they not visible in cas, or is there something else wrong with them? And of course, is there a fix?
Instructor
#61 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 9:15 AM Last edited by Motorcitydude : 14th Nov 2017 at 9:55 AM.
The photography studio is still limited to the EP from the looks of it, though the in-game prompt makes reference to it even if you have only the base game.

How much space is needed to take pics? I try to get my sim to take pics of other sims indoors but it doesn't work because apparently it's too cramped.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:26 AM
I know that patches can break some mods, but this patch was something else. It even broke my CC furniture, like sofas The CC furniture would just simply disappear when I tried to place them. I had to download Sims 4 Studio (which I've never used before) to fix it. Not blaming EA here because patches are usually a good thing and they don't need to be considerate of mods, but I'm still sweating because it broke so much stuff
Scholar
#63 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
I know that patches can break some mods, but this patch was something else. It even broke my CC furniture, like sofas The CC furniture would just simply disappear when I tried to place them. I had to download Sims 4 Studio (which I've never used before) to fix it. Not blaming EA here because patches are usually a good thing and they don't need to be considerate of mods, but I'm still sweating because it broke so much stuff

Every Pets EP since the days of Sims 1 has broken the majority of CC because they change how objects and clothing work every time they add pets (it would make more sense to just code it like you are adding animals to begin with but what do I know I am just a cc creator not a game dev) . Every time we get Pets- we get borked CC -- When they finally do something with Seasons also expect that to bork your CC again-- it would be wise to just leave S4S installed and keep updating it every time a new update is released cause with heavens knows how many GP's, SP's and EPs left that they will try to cash in on before they get around to announcing Sims 5 -- there is a borkage yet to come
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 8:50 PM
At least it seems to be way simpler to fix the cc this time thanks to s4s. It took way more effort with sims 3. Especially fixing cc beds... ugh.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#65 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:30 PM
A new update (v1.36.104.1020) has been released.
  • The issue causing saves to become unplayable after deleting households has been resolved.
  • Deceased Sims that are not playable are no longer counted towards the population count displayed in Manage Households.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 7:34 PM Last edited by lil bag2 : 17th Nov 2017 at 12:45 AM.
But have they fixed vampires yet? I'm still holding out on this patch till then.

The Receptacle still lives!
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:11 AM
Err I want to be sure I get this right:
Quote:
Graves now have an option to "Strengthen Connection to Physical World", which must be used to bind the ghost to the world or they will no longer haunt Sims.
Does that mean that now ALL the graves anywhere will banish the ghosts by default?! And you have to go around clicking on all the graves in your worlds to enable the ghosts haunting the places? That's horrible!! I love collecting tombs and urns
What if you don't find a grave fast enough to keep it's ghost?!! Awww crap
Why did they do that? Did too much sheeples whined at the official forums or what?!
Scholar
#68 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
Err I want to be sure I get this right:
Does that mean that now ALL the graves anywhere will banish the ghosts by default?! And you have to go around clicking on all the graves in your worlds to enable the ghosts haunting the places? That's horrible!! I love collecting tombs and urns
What if you don't find a grave fast enough to keep it's ghost?!! Awww crap
Why did they do that? Did too much sheeples whined at the official forums or what?!

As I understand it, it's an improved culling system for ghosts, and you can extend the time ghosts are not culled by clicking on the grave.

Simblr
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#69 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
But have they fixed vampires yet? I'm still holding out on this patch till then.

Unfortunately, no as they're still investigating. I imagine we'll be getting another hotfix for that issue soon.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 10:28 AM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 17th Nov 2017 at 11:07 AM.
I wish it was Talking In Your Sleep instead of Walking In My Sleep. That song would be quite nifty to have in Simlish. I imagine it would be more than difficult to replicate the vocal range in Simlish.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DuskTrooper
I wish it was Talking In Your Sleep instead of Walking In My Sleep. That song would be quite nifty to have in Simlish. I imagine it would be more than difficult to replicate the vocal range in Simlish.
Nah it would have been so easy to do: Doobee doobee noobe doobe... Baidu beedo nib nib doobee beelee
Gosh it would have been perfect!
Scholar
#72 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sayyadina
The patch made pretty horrible things to the game. When played sims shows up at "danceparty" and/or "nightclub"- they all wear Maxis-generated outfits (moronic combos!) and it totally destoyes the game for me... I spent hours dressing them up nicely in CAS , without cc as well, so this makes me ******* furious !

I read about this before and after some googling it turns out it is by design lol. There you are, carefully designing your party outfits for all your sims and they still turn up like badly dressed clowns. People who rotate households will not like this. EA has a troll dev I suspect :p
Scholar
#73 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 2:22 AM
Not happy about that new design, if it was purposely done, I could tolerance them dressing as clowns in San Myshuno, not everywhere else, as with dance parties, getting invited at 7am in the morning, with a bartender without a bar to serve drinks for the clowns that show up, is now way too much, those once cool parties are a thing of the past.
Scholar
#74 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:05 AM
Socks with sandals? EEEW! Socks with LEGGINGS? What?! I haven't actually gone to a party in a looong time, I'm going to have to check that out.

I dont know if this would help you guys, but there is a mod called "Clubdancertweak" by Bienchen83

http://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/

According to the site: (When translated from German to English)

Fix the outfits in night clubs and also make sure that no ghosts and seniors show up there anymore.
Fixes the club visitors clothing bug and ghosts and elders from showing up at clubs.
Scholar
#75 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 12:16 AM
It's so weird, because the festivals seems to be very much fixed, and the sims even wears appropriate colours on their clothes, while the nightclubs outfits are totally messed up.

Simblr
Page 3 of 5