Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Random Traits & Aspirations

by graycurse Posted 25th Nov 2017 at 8:42 PM - Updated 9th Dec 2023 at 6:16 PM by graycurse

202 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 111 Feedback Posts, 90 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 9
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:03 PM
Amazing! This will help prevent me from using the Sims 4 Legacy trait generator if Sims will be random!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:21 PM
Love this idea <3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:30 PM
Thanks...sims 3 had random trait button but no random name button..now we got random name button but no random trait button....this mod might be the fix haha
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:36 PM
I want something like this since the game came out, thank you for made this possible!
This make me think, thats we're almost in 2018 and still have no random trait buttom -'
Instructor
#6 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 9:46 PM
I really like the idea of them getting traits from family & loved ones. I wonder if they could also get traits based on skills or things they spend a lot of time doing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:55 PM
Thanks, Its make the game more real.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 9:49 AM
THANKS For mods i m waiting for this longtime thx lot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 11:50 AM
Thank you! I was waiting for mod like this since 2014. One question though - does it randomize custom traits, too?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:59 PM
I honestly can't understand why the team still haven't added this to the game. Random makes things more interesting, creates gameplay that I would otherwise choose not to try.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 1:55 PM
This is so amazing! I always wanted this in TS3, and now it's a thing! More random events are desperately needed in Sims 4 so this is a very welcome mod in my book.
Test Subject
#12 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 2:20 PM Last edited by Eliste : 26th Nov 2017 at 2:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by madoka99
Thank you! I was waiting for mod like this since 2014. One question though - does it randomize custom traits, too?

I haven't seen custom traits yet, but it assigned custom child aspiration to a child. Let's hope it doesn't always choose custom aspirations/traits over vanilla.

Would be good to weight traits against Parenthood Character Values as well. It's a bit strange if a child/teen with all positive values and custom Teen Only traits would get two/three negative traits at random when aged to Adult.
I use http://createarandomsim.com and get this outcome more often than not.

Correspondingly, negative character values should be revarded with negative traits. Because sometimes Sims are just evil. Mwa-ha-ha!

Thanks for the mod!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:37 PM
This mod DOES work with custom traits and aspirations! It won't favor the custom options, though. It's tough with childhood aspirations, since there are so few.

That's a great idea about the Parenthood character values! I'm looking into using skills as well.

Quote: Originally posted by Eliste
I haven't seen custom traits yet, but it assigned custom child aspiration to a child. Let's hope it doesn't always choose custom aspirations/traits over vanilla.

Would be good to weight traits against Parenthood Character Values as well. It's a bit strange if a child/teen with all positive values and custom Teen Only traits would get two/three negative traits at random when aged to Adult.
I use http://createarandomsim.com and get this outcome more often than not.

Correspondingly, negative character values should be revarded with negative traits. Because sometimes Sims are just evil. Mwa-ha-ha!

Thanks for the mod!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 5:39 PM
Right??? I figured that was something they'd patch in early-on, which is why I didn't finish this sooner!

Quote: Originally posted by arkeus17
I want something like this since the game came out, thank you for made this possible!
This make me think, thats we're almost in 2018 and still have no random trait buttom -'
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 6:13 PM
Is there going to be an option that uses the system from TS3 instead? Like depending on how well the last stage ended you could choose all/some of their traits (how well you took care of them as a baby, skills learned like potty-training, how well they did in school). More of a reward system instead of complete randomization.

I like the way you are doing it, and I don't know if I would use the TS3 way. I'm just asking because I'm sure others may like to play that way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 6:36 PM
I am working on that! Should have put it in the future notes

Quote: Originally posted by craftyplumbob
Is there going to be an option that uses the system from TS3 instead? Like depending on how well the last stage ended you could choose all/some of their traits (how well you took care of them as a baby, skills learned like potty-training, how well they did in school). More of a reward system instead of complete randomization.

I like the way you are doing it, and I don't know if I would use the TS3 way. I'm just asking because I'm sure others may like to play that way.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 7:51 PM
This is fantastic! My favorite flavor add-on so far--can't wait to see what you do with it. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:38 AM
This... this is real?
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFandomGirl
This... this is real?

It is and it works perfectly.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:27 AM
Been dreaming of this since I first started playing, you're an absolute life saver!
Test Subject
#21 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by graycurse
This mod DOES work with custom traits and aspirations! It won't favor the custom options, though. It's tough with childhood aspirations, since there are so few.

Awesome!
Quote: Originally posted by graycurse
That's a great idea about the Parenthood character values! I'm looking into using skills as well.

Awesome x2 !
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 6:10 PM
Just to let you know:
When a teen/child with custom trait that is valid for that lifestage only ages up, the trait is not replaced, just disappears. An extra trait is added fine, but it's still one less than it should be.
Tested with teen exclusive traits by Triplis http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=591113
I also have child exclusive traits http://modthesims.info/d/599536 (Not tested yet, but my guess is it would be the same).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 8:22 PM
I'll check this out tonight! Thanks!

Quote: Originally posted by Eliste
Just to let you know:
When a teen/child with custom trait that is valid for that lifestage only ages up, the trait is not replaced, just disappears. An extra trait is added fine, but it's still one less than it should be.
Tested with teen exclusive traits by Triplis http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=591113
I also have child exclusive traits http://modthesims.info/d/599536 (Not tested yet, but my guess is it would be the same).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 10:15 PM
this is... uneblievable o.o GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 3:12 AM
Just...Thank you. So much. This is beautiful even as it is, and I am excited to see it grow!
Page 1 of 9