Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Welfare for Sims (Status Update!)

by Spintherism Posted 7th Dec 2017 at 12:24 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2018 at 5:40 AM by Spintherism

99 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 45 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 1:26 PM
You have it listed 490/hour. That makes it the best job out there. Hehe
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 1:49 PM
You know with MC Command/Woohoo you can get child support if you're single raising the kids yourself? This mod goes along nicely with that feature as well. Nice job. Love the idea.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 2:23 PM
This is realistic, I know people that walk down that road. Thank you for keeping them in your thoughts with this cool mod. <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 2:26 PM
I enjoy playing The Sims as close to realism as I can get. This is a great addition.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 2:54 PM
The GOP disapproves of this Mod

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:09 PM
this is cute you made this I'm sure some alone living orphan teen kids deserves it
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:46 PM
Nice one. But why no YA?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:54 PM
This is exactly what i'm talking about! I want more realistic stuff like this in the game
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:57 PM
I need this in my game!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:06 PM
Good idea, but too much money, try $800-1200 per month. That type of money should be for unemployment mod, lol! Is that a thing?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 5:27 PM
Thank you for this. One of my sims husband left her and their triplets for a younger nanny. This will be perfect for her because she is struggling, she survives by planting and digging things up.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 5:48 PM
adds more realism to the game! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 7:47 PM Last edited by Rich246 : 7th Dec 2017 at 7:48 PM. Reason: My bad
Is this compatible with the latest patch? It doesn't show up in my game at all

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alfredfjonesworldhero

Well its not wrong. you only "Work" 1 hour a week.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akimboDEEZ
Well its not wrong. you only "Work" 1 hour a week.

LOL@Work. If going to pick up your check is work, then sign me up!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#17 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 11:19 PM
Haven't actually tried it yet, but this sounds perfect for a crazy cat lady game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rich246
Is this compatible with the latest patch? It doesn't show up in my game at all

It may not be, i'll have to update and check it out. It modifies some things that EA might not like me to modify (such as hiding the jobs menu). It's very possible that it was broken.

Also, just to verify that you are looking in "Careers" and going all the way to the bottom, signing up, and that's all you'll see aside from the weekly prompt you'll get to go get the check.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ive
Nice one. But why no YA?

Bug. I'll fix this ASAP - Won't be difficult at all to enable, probably the flag for YA is just missing somewhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alfredfjonesworldhero

It's 335. I forgot to change the screenshots in the latest version. Has been updated!

I might also make a few variations for lower pay levels based on some suggestions i've received, but that's a maybe.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 1:05 AM
I absolutely love this idea! I love playing poor, struggling sims because if I have everything, I get bored. I really hope you allow teens use this too eventually. I have several single teen moms living alone who would benefit (pun intended) by this mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 1:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sagerainwillow
I absolutely love this idea! I love playing poor, struggling sims because if I have everything, I get bored. I really hope you allow teens use this too eventually. I have several single teen moms living alone who would benefit (pun intended) by this mod.

My plan is to add a second benefit tier that offers different benefits depending on the situation. Food Stamps are in the code, but disabled to bugs. Children and teens that are in school may get some type of child benefit system. Teens that drop out of school (I will implement this eventually, or collaborate with some of the other modders that have "Drop Out" mods) will either be offered the child benefit if they are in a household with a family member, or a full benefit if they live alone.

This is just a bunch of ideas, it may not be easy or possible to implement and will probably get trimmed down along the way, but this is the full vision for the mod.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Spintherism
Bug. I'll fix this ASAP - Won't be difficult at all to enable, probably the flag for YA is just missing somewhere.

Oh I haven't had a chance to try it ingame yet, I just went by what it says in the post (This job is only available to Adults and Elders) so could be working just fine! Maybe YA falls under 'adult'

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 6:55 AM
Awesome mod! Thank you. I've been looking for something like this for a while actually.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 8:12 AM
I got a UI LE from this I think; It only showed up when I installed this
Page 1 of 4