Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 5:54 PM
Default Changing Autonomy
How do I change autonomy for in-game interactions?
(Specifically, I'm looking to remove autonomy from the Unlock interaction from the dorm doors.)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 24th Jan 2018 at 11:02 PM Last edited by mdsb759 : 24th Jan 2018 at 11:38 PM.
interaction autonomy is controlled through Pie Menu Functions resource (TTAB).
file named "objects.package" is one file that contains those.
SimPE's object workshop is another way to get them.

edit:: there is a "Help" button on this type of resource; also on other resource types.
each "Help" button brings up a menu; the links in that menu explain the resource types.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 12:53 AM
Unlock is autonomous? I never knew that.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 7:28 PM
Dormies can autonomously lock and unlock the doors to their own dorm rooms. I don't think they're supposed to be able to unlock anybody else's door though - at least I've never seen them do that in my game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:55 AM
Are there any tutorials on how to change autonomy?
I tried this one, but I don't understand it.
Afterwards, I just tried to extract the TTAB for the door (and several other objects, as it's not the only one I wanted), simply changed the autonomy setting, and put that file in the Downloads folder, but that didn't work. What else do I need to do?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 2:23 PM
Look for the one ring at More Awesome Than You. It messes with autonomy; it might work on the door.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Look for the one ring at More Awesome Than You. It messes with autonomy; it might work on the door.

Autonomycontrol.zip available here:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:27 PM
Is there anything else? Any more tutorials?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 10:42 PM
There's a good tutorial here to change autonomy in SimPE. Be careful when messing around with the advertising though, I changed Monique's computer to autonomously let Sims order pizzas if they're hungry but messed up the advertising so they wouldn't do anything other than order pizzas if they were even mildly hungry.

http://dramallamadingdang.tumblr.co...4/tutorial-time

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:23 PM
That will be useful, thank you Ihate.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)