Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2018 at 1:55 AM
Default 1.5 story house roof weirdness
Probably just another Sims 4 limitation, but if anybody knows a solution, please let me know.

Building a Cape Cod with dormers, my specialty in Sims 2. If I do the roof in three sections, the front and back sections being flat angled roofs, and a center gabled section, then the center roof section creates a wall blocking access to the dormers that cannot be removed.

If I create one large gabled roof, the dormers are accessible, but you can't see the second floor in cutaway or walls up view, because the roof is on that level. That's not player-friendly!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rhiamom
Probably just another Sims 4 limitation, but if anybody knows a solution, please let me know.

Building a Cape Cod with dormers, my specialty in Sims 2. If I do the roof in three sections, the front and back sections being flat angled roofs, and a center gabled section, then the center roof section creates a wall blocking access to the dormers that cannot be removed.

If I create one large gabled roof, the dormers are accessible, but you can't see the second floor in cutaway or walls up view, because the roof is on that level. That's not player-friendly!

I have a roofing tutorial video that shows how to do roofing around dormers with out blocking the upstairs. https://youtu.be/dUA_nyw2o0E. Thought a video would be easier than trying to explain

For help with my mods please join my discord HERE

**********If you like my builds, mods or videos you can support me at Patreon! **********

*****Thank you for all of your support!*****
Test Subject
#3 Old 7th Nov 2019 at 8:53 PM
Thanks so much! This video helped a lot with a build Im currently working on. )))))