Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

{UPDATE} Archaeology Career

by snowleopard__x Posted 9th Mar 2018 at 3:47 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2019 at 12:00 AM by snowleopard__x

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 41 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:02 PM
Can't wait to try this...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:47 PM
I agree with you completely as to why they did not add a job such as this. Thank you for all the hard work you put into this!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joyelaine
I agree with you completely as to why they did not add a job such as this. Thank you for all the hard work you put into this!

Thank you! I was up very late doing all the research to make it as lifelike as possible. I am sure others will have a take on this but it was ready to go and I wanted to get it out into the world. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 5:11 PM
Great idea Fitting to the new Stuff from EA - big THNX!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 5:37 PM
awesome..can not wait to try this out
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:18 PM
Wonderful! This is very much appreciated and you have put a lot of thought into it. Midnitetech made an archaeology career that I have been using, but it is really just a self-employed type of career and thus functions differently. I think I will use them both, depending on how much time I want my particular archaeologist to spend in the jungle without worrying about missing work. I love the details for the levels on this!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SamIAm2
Wonderful! This is very much appreciated and you have put a lot of thought into it. Midnitetech made an archaeology career that I have been using, but it is really just a self-employed type of career and thus functions differently. I think I will use them both, depending on how much time I want my particular archaeologist to spend in the jungle without worrying about missing work. I love the details for the levels on this!

that is a good point you bring up. I may have to edit how quickly you can get vacation days so that this career is more achievable
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:39 PM
I was also using Midnitetech's archaeology career mod, but I think I will prefer your mod. Thank you for creating this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:44 PM
Thank you! When I bought Jungle Adventures, I was hoping for an archaeology or adventurer career because they didn't have one with World Adventures with the Sims 3. This looks awesome!
Test Subject
#11 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:58 PM
YAY! So excited to try this out!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#12 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 9:46 PM
I so wanted to make this career, but I don't have permission yet to use Neia's career making mod. I'm thankful you were able to get this one up and running!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 10:25 PM
yay I was hoping someone would do this (since ea didn't) thank you so much. so excited to try it out.
Test Subject
#14 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 12:07 AM
thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 12:35 AM
Oh my gosh! I just thinking that I wished one our talented modders in the Sims community would create an archaeology career and tadah! Wish granted! Thank you so much for this mod! LOVE IT!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 3:15 AM
thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:30 AM
Hi there,
I was wanting to install your mod but I have another mod that also uses Neia_careers_commons file and didn't want to over write anything. Should I just put all careers in their own folder?
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 12:27 PM
The download contains the script files in their own zip folder. Do we leave that open or extract the contents?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 2:21 PM Last edited by snowleopard__x : 10th Mar 2018 at 2:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kaotikah
Hi there,
I was wanting to install your mod but I have another mod that also uses Neia_careers_commons file and didn't want to over write anything. Should I just put all careers in their own folder?

I think that file is the same for all careers so you should be okay to copy the other files into the same folder with the other career.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mberry
The download contains the script files in their own zip folder. Do we leave that open or extract the contents?

No, you leave the zipped folder together as it holds the .Py and the .cpython-33 script. Sims only know what ts4script is therefor they must stay compressed.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:21 PM
So can I put that compressed script file in a Subfolder within the mods folder for careers. like; Mods/Careers
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DGV441982
So can I put that compressed script file in a Subfolder within the mods folder for careers. like; Mods/Careers

Yes as long as it is not too deep. If you try to do Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/Mods/Career it will not work so I have mine set up in Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/Mods/Career Mods and it works fine. You just move over the compressed ts4scripts zipped folder as it is in the downloads. It does not get unzipped. I will update that in the description.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:19 PM
Are there any daily tasks too or requirements?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Blue
Are there any daily tasks too or requirements?

There are skill requirements as defined in the description and they are promotion task. There is nothing yet for daily task, maybe one day in the near future that will be added into the beta I am testing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:19 AM
Excellent, can't wait to try it! Thanks!!!
Page 1 of 5