Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apsalar
Back in the day of Sims 2 we had Pescado fixing critical errors, to the point where Maxis snagged some of them as is. LOL

I remember there was some tour guide one or whatever he had to fix, among others.
Advertisement
Banned
#27 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:34 AM Last edited by olc : 13th Mar 2018 at 6:05 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I remember there was some tour guide one or whatever he had to fix, among others.

ALL AI pescado fixed it. tour guide. cleaning maid. butler. shaman. social worker. firefighters, you name it.
they did stupid stuff. most clearly stupid AI the firefighter run to the center of the fire and after he screamed for help, started to put out the fire, when he was sorrounded OR getting literally on fire. thats stupid and broken AI. the maid on apartments wont even come (they where supposed to be replaced by butlers, witch after a while they became humanoid servos, getting mad by any reason and disrespecting visitors sims kicking then rudely, etc) so yeah without mods sims 2 with all the expansions and stuff packs its pretty unplayable.
(not to mention the repair guy was obsolete on apartment life replaced by the landlord and in lots was completely broken. he would fix the broken stuff on the house, then moving on to "repair" fixed stuff, breaking it, moving to the next item. when all it was broken they would fix it one by one, then retrace their steps and fix it untill randomly would choose to leave and declare all fixed and drain the funds of the family considered it broke and fix everything on the lot at least twice)
Scholar
#28 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 6:20 AM
Thank you MunMun! I've read quite a few reviews. I'm going to buy the pack later, because I always need more kids stuff, and I like the rodents for what they are. It's a shame, but all the drama with this pack has totally turned me off even playing my game right now. I hate admitting it, but this drama just really does a number on my nerves. I wish Maxis had never announced this pack.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 10:58 AM
I know I'm the outlier here, but I'm excited about this pack. (Sadly, I won't have time to play until Thursday, at least. It's month-end at work.)

When you think about it, there is always content you can't access without other packs - it's not objects, so people don't notice. In Laundry Stuff, cats could play with the water droplets from the wash line. That's coding that is useless if you don't have C&D, but it's part of the price of the stuff pack. (I love the screenshot of the cat on top of the cage. When I got one of my cats at the shelter, they let him out of his cage so I could meet him, but he had no interest in me - he went for the cage with the baby hamsters: 'Oh, look! It's a boxed lunch!') So, no real hamsters for me - I'll have to make do with virtual ones.

Now, if I could just get that hampsterdance song out of my brain.
Scholar
#30 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 11:04 AM
I paid for Pets once, and atm i'm in no hurry to pay for it again.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 8:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
The beds are still flat with no 3D mesh though. 2/10 Did not pay for the first time, will not pay for again.

Those sneaky EA. Trying to convince people that the earth is flat when it actually isn't.
Theorist
#32 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Those sneaky EA. Trying to convince people that the earth is flat when it actually isn't.

EA are #FlatEarthers #Confirmed

#WhatsAHashtag?
Mad Poster
#33 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Those are awful pet pillows- they look like they've been flayed... or even worse!

Not gonna lie...being able to turn dead cats into drones might have tempted me to buy this pack

The Receptacle still lives!
Instructor
#34 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:22 AM
Disappointed in the lack of rodents. Sims 3 and a mod for Sims 2 were jam-packed with critters to populate cages. The rodents in this pack are cute, but only 4? Really? And they only differ aesthetically too. This has to probably be the worst Stuff Pack in Sims 4, because even though Fitness Stuff was dreadful, at least Fitness had its own items and nothing clearly belonging to a past pack.
Icy Spicy
Original Poster
#35 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 1:00 AM
Sorry was supposed to post more pictures and info but got kind of got sidetracked ( I really did not warm to the rodents lol) I opened my books and looked up all rodent borne diseases to try and analyse the rabid rodent fever but could not play enough of of the pack for relevant info without getting bored . I should rather utilise my time finishing up my mods and CC

P.S. _ the rabid rodent fever was the only thing which actually interested me in the pack!
Scholar
#36 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WaffleFriez57
Disappointed in the lack of rodents. Sims 3 and a mod for Sims 2 were jam-packed with critters to populate cages. The rodents in this pack are cute, but only 4? Really? And they only differ aesthetically too. This has to probably be the worst Stuff Pack in Sims 4, because even though Fitness Stuff was dreadful, at least Fitness had its own items and nothing clearly belonging to a past pack.

Thanks for your honest review, I think I'll save my money.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 2:35 AM
I'll put this pack under my consideration for "Only if 70% discount or more" pile, same with that gym stuff and toddler pack. Cool Kitchen and Luxury pack would be in only if free pile. :LOL:
Scholar
#38 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 3:26 AM
Why does the game call the hedgehog a rodent. I would give this pack a rating of 3/5. (Yes, I own it, it's very meh. I like some of the content quite a bit but I would not recommend full price.) That's just on the content, not on the stupidity of releasing a pack with C&D stuff behind a 50$ paywall *if you don't own it. Should have held off the release of this pack and focused on multiple small pets only, no extra dlc for C&D.
Theorist
#39 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
(Yes, I own it, it's very meh. I like some of the content quite a bit but I would not recommend full price.)

Well from the rest of us in the sims community, we very much appreciate you affirming to EA that they can get away with selling this kind of crap in this kind of way by financially supporting their decisions.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by olc
may i remind you, there is a mod to make pets controllable? *spoiler* its pretty boring to control them. most of the interactions are scripted (like when cats must go "meow meow" rants) and its pretty much the same as choose a sim and go "pet" "hug" etc but the other way around. i dont get why you want to control pets...

Probably same reason why player's want and can control sims.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 3:54 PM
Well from the rest of us in the sims community, we very much appreciate you affirming to EA that they can get away with selling this kind of crap in this kind of way by financially supporting their decisions.
Shaming people for their decisions is really not the way to go. I don't like it either that many people still buy the pack and many of them even agree that it's a bad pack, but guilt-tripping them is not really the way to go either
Theorist
#42 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 5:11 PM Last edited by ShigemiNotoge : 15th Mar 2018 at 5:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
Shaming people for their decisions is really not the way to go. I don't like it either that many people still buy the pack and many of them even agree that it's a bad pack, but guilt-tripping them is not really the way to go either

Agreeing it's a bad pack doesn't mean shit if you already payed for it :v

And I wouldn't call it "guilt tripping" so much as it is shaming. People deserve to be shamed for doing shameful things.

inb4 15 disagrees because even though you do agree how dare we hurt someone's feeeeeeeeeelings
Instructor
#43 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 6:42 PM
Agreeing it's a bad pack doesn't mean shit if you already payed for it :v

And I wouldn't call it "guilt tripping" so much as it is shaming. People deserve to be shamed for doing shameful things.

I didn't even consider it to be shaming. I thought it was a method of expressing disappointment at the lack of impulse-control in others.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 7:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

Not just that, people that are faced with negative reactions to their actions like that will most likely just repeat those actions out of spite against the person who shames them, so on its best day this method has no other use than to provide the person that's doing the shaming with some sort of self-righteous satisfaction.
Instructor
#45 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rasubelly
Not just that, people that are faced with negative reactions to their actions like that will most likely just repeat those actions out of spite against the person who shames them, so on its best day this method has no other use than to provide the person that's doing the shaming with some sort of self-righteous satisfaction.

I, for one, do not feel self-righteous. I feel disappointed. I understand some folks just have to have every update, but if they would wait for even a single month, it would tell EA that people aren't rushing out to buy their product in the official first month of sales. Overtime, that would add up and get back to the shareholders; then maybe we would finally see some positive change.

Buying the pack in the first month of sales is effectively telling EA that it's okay to keep making slipshod, money-sucking, soul-crushing content for a once-great franchise.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Test Subject
#46 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dixieland
I, for one, do not feel self-righteous. I feel disappointed. I understand some folks just have to have every update, but if they would wait for even a single month, it would tell EA that people aren't rushing out to buy their product in the official first month of sales. Overtime, that would add up and get back to the shareholders; then maybe we would finally see some positive change.

Buying the pack in the first month of sales is effectively telling EA that it's okay to keep making slipshod, money-sucking, soul-crushing content for a once-great franchise.

That's why I said 'on its best days'. I know not everyone who doesn't approve of someone elses purchases is ill-natured and self-righteous. I myself can only shake my head thinking about the low quality standards some people seem to have when deciding what to spend their money on.
That doesn't change the fact that talking down on and shaming those individuals will not help, though. People will just do the opposite of what you want if they feel insulted and that benefits nobody but EA.
As frustrating as it is for people like us who are disappointed with what the Sims franchise has turned into, it's their money and they have the right to spend it on whatever they want it on.

Also, I'm not sure anymore that we would see any positive changes at all. I remember them saying at the beginning of the Sims 4 cycle that they would probably not bother making a Sims 5 if Sims 4 wasn't a success, so my guess is if the Sims 4 would really do not well, they would try to further tighten the budget, milk what's left, and then just leave it dying.
It's sad, but... looking at their other franchises and the number of studios and franchises they already shut down and killed off, I just can't see how Sims 4 will ever blossom in the hands of EA again.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 9:30 PM
At this point...I would rather that EA/Maxis never touch anything Sims every again!!! I hope they let it die so that someone else with some passion for gaming and creativity can take it over and actually make a Sims game that is quality.

There are 2 major things that would need to happen from the community... Yes people need to stop buying the Crap packs the second they come out... Actually it would be best if peeps just stopped buying all together... then they need to abandon the official Forum for TS4. That's what we did for SimCity 2013. We all raged on the forums about what a shit game it was... we made suggestions about what needed to be fixed and what we wanted to see in the game. When that didn't happen,we stopped buying the crappy DLC they were making for it... and when they wouldn't be honest with us, then we all left the forum. That place was a ghost town within a couple of months.

And I wouldn't recommend shaming peeps for buying it... but just keep an open dialog as to why they should expect more. I have had so many people hate on me for telling them to quit spending their money on it... but I'm not going to stop doing that. It's fine that they like the game...I just think they need to seriously look at the gross greediness of EA and see what kind of content other gaming companies offer in their DLC vs TS4. If they can see that difference, maybe they will think about it before spending their money on it, and stop being a contributor to their poor practices and demand excellence for this franchise.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:12 AM
Yeah here we go again the usual "lets shame those who buy this pack because we disagree with you therefore we have the right to tell you how you should spend your hard earned money".
Scholar
#49 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:35 AM
I really wish I could just forget this pack ever existed and just move on, I had all Packs right up to Jungle, so much for wanting to collect the whole set, unfortunately that greyed out icon is going to be ugly unforgivable reminder.

This has done nothing, but put me off the game for several days. First nail in the coffin, towards end of it's life as far as i'm concerned.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 2:07 AM
I’m incredibly surprised that gray icons actually persuaded people to purchase packs. It’s not on the menu and literally don’t see it for more than a moment.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Page 2 of 3