Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:20 PM
It is just $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to them. If they think they can make it and make enough of a profit to justify it they will. And if no, they will not. We already know the mobile games are the money makers and not the PC ones for them. Upper management does not care about the game at all, probably. All they want are good # for shareholders. Just like way too many other businesses today.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
It is just $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to them. If they think they can make it and make enough of a profit to justify it they will. And if no, they will not. We already know the mobile games are the money makers and not the PC ones for them. Upper management does not care about the game at all, probably. All they want are good # for shareholders. Just like way too many other businesses today.

Yes this!!! And they will continue to make plenty of the $$$$ long after TS4 is finally over. Not to mention the current mobile game. So yeah...I think you are totally right about this. They won't need a Sims 5. They already have a plan to make all the money they need from the good name of The Sims.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:29 PM
EA keeps telling us how well 4 is doing, even though we know it is being given limited funds and personnel. The proof will be if we get 5 or not? If they are doing that well with 4, odds are they will budget to make 5 at some point. But if not doing very well actually, will not fund another version and put resources elsewhere where they think they will get a better return.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 6:56 PM
EA keeps telling us how well 4 is doing, even though we know it is being given limited funds and personnel. The proof will be if we get 5 or not? If they are doing that well with 4, odds are they will budget to make 5 at some point. But if not doing very well actually, will not fund another version and put resources elsewhere where they think they will get a better return.

That's why I'm thinking Mobile game only.... because TS4 already has a very "farmville" feel to it. I think I said something about that in an earlier post. Anyway.... since the game is now being targeted to a "younger" group, and Mobile gaming has become so popular...I think that is where they will go with it. Better return money wise. (praying to the Paradox gods to create sims sandbox life simulator for PC)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:08 PM
I think you may be totally right. RIP Sims.
Field Researcher
#31 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 7:23 PM
I think you may be totally right. RIP Sims.

Field Researcher
#32 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Which they created!!??

They did not create TS1, TS2! They do this in order to show that the previous games are terrible. I think they do it because they are too lazy to optimize these games for modern computers. Probably they think that they will not get profit from this. And if they do it and release these games in Origin, then many will see how good these games and sales of Sims 4 will fall.

How many people met with TS2 when it was free in the origin in 2014?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:14 PM
I think the Sims PC titles are kinda kaput with the arrival (and questionable failure) of 4. I think any future PC "games" will play more-so like Farmville-esque spinoffs than an actual game.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:31 PM
I wish we had some actual # and not just EA puffery to know actually how well 4 is or is not doing. My guess is it is doing well as so many folks will buy anything Sims and some are pretty nonpicky about quality. But my guess is it is not something so spectacular to write home about, as they say. ?????

I like your avatar armyangel.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 23rd Mar 2018 at 11:50 PM
I wish we had some actual # and not just EA puffery to know actually how well 4 is or is not doing. My guess is it is doing well as so many folks will buy anything Sims and some are pretty nonpicky about quality. But my guess is it is not something so spectacular to write home about, as they say. ?????

I like your avatar armyangel.

Well, it's probably doing better than in the first Year, but i think it's still way behind any of the previous installments of the series.
I mean, it sold 5 Million by mid 2016 (almost 2 years after release) TS3 did 5,4 Million after 5 months, so...

But TS5 is on lock i would say (in what form? who knows) This Person has worked early on TS3/4 and is now working on an unannounced AAA title for Maxis. Since SimCity and Spore are dead it can only be TS5?
Theorist
#36 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nic
Well, it's probably doing better than in the first Year, but i think it's still way behind any of the previous installments of the series.
I mean, it sold 5 Million by mid 2016 (almost 2 years after release) TS3 did 5,4 Million after 5 months, so...

But TS5 is on lock i would say (in what form? who knows) This Person has worked early on TS3/4 and is now working on an unannounced AAA title for Maxis. Since SimCity and Spore are dead it can only be TS5?

LOL, I would be very surprised. I doubt they would still call The Sims a AAA game if they're giving the series this little funding, planning and forethought.
Scholar
#37 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nic

Daaamn. All they really have is SIms, innit. SimCity hasn't been well received since SimCity 4, which was like a tie in with Sims 1, and Spore was dead on arrival.
Theorist
#38 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
Daaamn. All they really have is SIms, innit. SimCity hasn't been well received since SimCity 4, which was like a tie in with Sims 1, and Spore was dead on arrival.

Well if they'd released Spore the way Will Wright planned it it would have been the most popular game franchise, and still on the market with successful DLC and a possible sequel. Instead they dumbed it down so far it's like a baby proofed house with child locks on the cupboards and foam corner guards :\

It's like when Fisher Price makes a novelty baby version of something meant for adults. It's kinda cute, but impossible to take seriously.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
LOL, I would be very surprised. I doubt they would still call The Sims a AAA game if they're giving the series this little funding, planning and forethought.

No doubt the way TS4 is handled it's fair to say its not a AAA game, but the series as a whole still is in the league of being AAA.
So, they will say they're working on a AAA game even if TS5 is like a mobile game ("full" experience like on PC). They also consider stuff like Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare as AAA (at least on job postings).

Anyway it's just his linkedin and I really don't know what else they would be working on that isn't TS5, even though we don't have any rumours or hints etc. that it is gonna be announced soon.
Going by their usual schedule it should be announced anytime between now and E3/EA Play but here we are knowing nothing
Instructor
#40 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 4:19 PM
If there is a Sims 5 it's guranteed to be a major disappointment.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 5:54 PM
This how I think The Sims series could play out:

Sims 4 could go on for years. Graphics wise I think it could be a game that could age well. Seeing how they played the Sims 4 version of the pets pack, content wise EA is more than capable of stripping and splitting packs up and even tying them to other expansion packs as possible for max profits for years to come as well. But eventually Sims 4 does finish and EA announces the end of the whole series.

Sims 5 is on its way. I have a very strong feeling that if Sims 5 does come that it will be online.

But whatever EA does you have to ask this question at a personal level. Do I want to continue with buying the product that EA is putting out? The answer for me is no. I won't buy Sims 4, something would have cost me thousands so far and I very much doubt I'll buy Sims 5. If EA actually puts out a decent Sims 5 then I would. When Sims 4 originally came out, my impression was that it wasn't great but it has potential EA just had to put out decent packs. For me they have done the exact opposite. And watching this game evolve has left me disheartened for the future of the Sims and I'm calling it a day. I'm happy playing the older versions and will do so as long as the compatible with the windows I'm using. But there are others, new players and old that are happy with it and will carry on buying playing the new stuff, so there is still a chance of Sims 5. It all predicts if EA feels it is financially beneficial for them.

But I'm also wondering if this isn't the future of gaming, there seems to be a lot of games from different studios coming out with sub par games and with loot boxes. And these games are demanding more expensive computer builds, it doesn't seem worth it anymore.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo5
But whatever EA does you have to ask this question at a personal level. Do I want to continue with buying the product that EA is putting out? The answer for me is no. I won't buy Sims 4, something would have cost me thousands so far and I very much doubt I'll buy Sims 5. If EA actually puts out a decent Sims 5 then I would. When Sims 4 originally came out, my impression was that it wasn't great but it has potential EA just had to put out decent packs. For me they have done the exact opposite. And watching this game evolve has left me disheartened for the future of the Sims and I'm calling it a day. I'm happy playing the older versions and will do so as long as the compatible with the windows I'm using. But there are others, new players and old that are happy with it and will carry on buying playing the new stuff, so there is still a chance of Sims 5. It all predicts if EA feels it is financially beneficial for them.

I totally agree with this. It does have to be on a personal level. Like you, I gave Sims4 a chance. But EA/maxis very quickly showed it's ugly agenda and I just could not in all good conscious continue financially contributing to this game and their business practices. When I need a sims fix, I return to Sims 3. The combination of having a good computer and some Nraas mods allows me to play that game without any problems. And yes, as gaming evolves so do computers and what I'm willing to pay for something that can handle the games of tomorrow. I am prepared for that, because I love the experience of gaming. But it's all very very personal... you are so correct about that. i guess that is why we are all so passionate about what has happened to the sims franchise and why it pisses us off that EA/Maxis no longer seems to give a damn about the people who put the money in their pockets.

I still believe, that if there is a Sims 5... it will go mobile. With TS4, they have demonstrated that they really don't care about PC/Mac players and that The sims in general is just a cash cow for them. Dumb it down some more, make it mobile, cater to a younger generation and boom, instant income and profit.

Maybe us PC/Mac players will get lucky, and another studio like Paradox will re-invent The Sims (under another title of course) and they will do for the sims what they did for SimCity by making City Skylines. One can hope.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo5
I have a very strong feeling that if Sims 5 does come that it will be online.
I still believe, that if there is a Sims 5... it will go mobile.

I hit the "agree" button for both of you, because although I hope very much that you're wrong, I think you're right. I think all the indications from the EA tablet games (multiple at this point) are that EA badly wants the game to be mobile.

Which I see just as a symptom of the larger problem, that EA seems intent on telling us how they want us to play their game, when I believe the big selling point for most of us (at least those represented on this website/forum) is that I can play it my way, and you can play it your way. The things that interest you probably wouldn't interest me at all, and vice-versa -- and yet you can have "your game," and I can have "my game," and we both can part friends and go home happy.

With TS4, what I'm hearing from most of the rest of you is that it is this trend that has started to reverse. I'm hearing that a lot of you feel as though the TS4 game itself is trying to force you to play it a certain way, and this way may or may not interest you. And it didn't seem that TS3 was as heavy-handed, and TS2 certainly wasn't. And I feel much the same way, though I've learned to adjust.

I've said it on this forum for years, but what I don't get is why the team seems to be willingly ignoring us. I for example just turned 50 and have been with this series, like many of you, since TS1. I would demo games for free, and give them feedback based on my experience with the franchise. At least, if my doing so would help to bring out a game that is as bug-free in the things that most matter to us as actual players, and is likely to interest as many in a community like this one as possible, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

The only explanation I can come up with is that we are in the minority, and the majority of TS4 players (as represented on the Sims home website? I don't know) are just fine with what they're getting, and are dependably pumping money into the franchise. But again, I want very much to be wrong.
Forum Resident
#44 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 10:12 PM
Even if sales are down compared to previous Sims games, the Sims 4 is still one of the best-selling computer games out right now. And as long as EA is still making money off the series, The Sims 5 will happen.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Theorist
#45 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
the Sims 4 is still one of the best-selling computer games out right now.

.-. that statement fills me with an unidentifiable emotion which instils in me the sudden urge to shower...
Mad Poster
#46 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
Even if sales are down compared to previous Sims games, the Sims 4 is still one of the best-selling computer games out right now. And as long as EA is still making money off the series, The Sims 5 will happen.

I think it will happen most likely but I think most of us are thinking/fearing it will just be a mobile game, and a mess.
Forum Resident
#47 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 10:43 PM
heh olc got banned he was sometimes mean and rude anyway.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
heh olc got banned he was sometimes mean and rude anyway.

Finally!! I am officially doing my chair happy dance. That guy was really starting to creep me out.
Theorist
#49 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 6:42 AM
Finally!! I am officially doing my chair happy dance. That guy was really starting to creep me out.

Now guys, it's very rude to openly revel in someone else's misfortune.

we should do it privately
Field Researcher
#50 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Now guys, it's very rude to openly revel in someone else's misfortune.

we should do it privately

OH, My bad
Page 2 of 3