Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 12:51 AM
Default Spawn Ghosts on Community Lots?
I'm planning on building a cemetery lot, and I was wondering if there was base game compatible way to spawn ghosts in a location, outside of killing Sims and putting their urns on the lot? And yes, I know about the "Haunted" lot trait from City Living, but I currently only own Cats & Dogs and Get Together. The reason I would like to avoid just outright killing and collecting urns is because I would just like to build and be done with it without having to do a lot of back and forth. Would just simply getting a urn that might not be specifically linked to a Sim spawn a random ghost?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:38 AM
If you don't mind cheating...

First, create up to 8 sims for your cemetary. Feel free to randomize them because you are going to turn them into ghosts.
Next press Ctrl+Shift+C, then type testingcheats on before pressing enter to confirm.
Select the sim and enter one of the cheat below to turn them into ghost with varying cause of death and ghost color or type.

traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Anger
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Cowplant
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Drown
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Electrocution
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Embarrassment
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Exhaust
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Fire
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Hunger
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_Laugh
traits.equip_trait trait_Ghost_OldAge

If you wish to have ghostly pets, you need to figure out the ID of the pet first by typing:

sims.get_sim_id_by_name x y
Where x is First Name and y is the Last Name of your pet. Example: sims.get_sim_id_by_name Fuzzy Barksalot
Then type:

traits.equip_trait Ghost_OldAge z
Where z is the ID. That will kill poor Fuzzy Barksalot.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RedRidingCat
If you don't mind cheating...

Thank you so much! But it would have to be a residential lot, yeah? I couldn't turn it into like an actual community lot? Just wanting to make sure!
Test Subject
#4 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 2:50 AM
Yeah, that is one of the downside with traits (they don't leave urns if I recall correctly). The other issue that might occur is the ghost culling but you can handle that with MCCC.

If you really want to use a community lot, you do so by moving all your sims to a community lot and murder them by giving them one of the moodlet cheats below:
sims.add_buff buff_Enraged
sims.add_buff buff_Hysterical
sims.add_buff buff_Mortified
sims.add_buff hunger_Starving
sims.add_buff buff_death_electrocution_warning

After adding the moodlet, all you have to do is to trigger them:

Enraged sims can be killed by using more Anger related actions. Let them bicker and fight.
Hysterical sims can be killed by using Funny interactions.
Mortified sims will usually die in few hours from embarrassment or you can keep on causing embarrassing situation for the sim.
Starving sims will die after a day of not eating anything.
Sims with electrocution moodlet can die if you force them to repair any electrical items on the lot.

You can move the gravestone/urns around as you wish after that. Remember, you will still need MCCC to prevent the default ghost culling.