Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Did you read Chris Hatch's post? That's what the issue is I should think. Chris is usually right.

I did. I just don't know nor think that any of the mods I have override that especially if it's not happening to everyone else. I think it's the NPC name changing issue. From now on; I'm just going to leave NPCs alone in SimPE

MICAHMicah
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#27 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nazzy601
I did. I just don't know nor think that any of the mods I have override that especially if it's not happening to everyone else. I think it's the NPC name changing issue. From now on; I'm just going to leave NPCs alone in SimPE

Yes but Chris generally knows more about the innards of the game than any of us. What he's saying is there's probably not really a problem here since the character files have split for some reason (he says mod overriding a template) - this is a fairly common occurrence and should not affect the running of the hood. If the hood checker is showing a problem in this case, it's a false positive. Look for two or more character files with the same number but one of them has a .1 at the end of the name. Where that is the case, both files belong to one character. You definitely have some of those because you don't get filenames with .1 at the end if you don't have the original file they copied from. Look in the characters folder, not SimPE.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 3:20 AM
Maxon that brought a lot more clarity because not going to lie, I was confused. Thank you so much!! I looked at the character folder and that was totally the case! The Corruption came from renaming the NPCs so all is well! I just recreated and backed-up my new version of the neighborhood.

MICAHMicah
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 11:40 AM
Ah good - what happens in a case like that is the game makes a new copy of the main file and leaves the original as a sort of stub (with some minimal information in it). It names its new file with a .1 but otherwise has the same number. I guess it's part of the game's safety features (it has a few routines). Of course, the old files in this case are virtually empty (you can tell by looking at the file sizes - typically the old file only has 1 or 2 kb of data whereas the new files have the usual 300-1000kb (and more (or less) sometimes). I guess Hood Checker reads those empty files as a problem but, as I said, in this case, it's a false positive.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Page 2 of 2