Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 10:16 PM
Any broken mods to report?

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
I suffer from a mental illness and I agree with this.

What next? Change the evil trait as it’s too upsetting? Although technically they should because the only evil thing the sims do is “laugh maniacally” from time to time. Newsflash EA! That doesn’t make a person evil. Unless it’s a cartoon and even then cartoon villains are more “evil” than that.

Indeed. Some fans and SimGurus on the official forum think that Sims 2 is too cruel game. But there at least anger resembles anger, and I like it.
Scholar
#28 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Liza
Indeed. Some fans and SimGurus on the official forum think that Sims 2 is too cruel game. But there at least anger resembles anger, and I like it.

Wooooow

If we can have a no-woohoo mode cheat why can't we have a no cruelty or kids/snowflakes mode cheat too? Like... then everyone, the childrens, snowflakes and cruel simmers alike can all get what they want, instead of pandering to a small group?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 18th Apr 2018 at 11:50 PM

Seriously? Cruel?

Oh dear. The sims 4 is a poor mans sims 2.
Theorist
#30 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 1:26 AM
Seriously? Cruel?

Oh dear. The sims 4 is a poor mans sims 2.

:/ how dare you sully the name of sims 2 with such slander.
Scholar
#31 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 2:03 AM
All your insane asylum challenges will now be erratic asylum challenges. "Hey, why are you in here" "Erratic behaviour." This bleedin' sucks.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 3:21 AM
I noticed the Erratic trait still has a straight jacket icon though. Not like them to do something half-assed is it?

I wasn't aware people had complained about it. I never thought of the Insane trait as making fun of mental illness. It is too cartoony to be offensive, IMO.

Not too long before they release a Unicorns & Rainbows pack, I think!
Field Researcher
#33 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elledee
I noticed the Erratic trait still has a straight jacket icon though. Not like them to do something half-assed is it?

I wasn't aware people had complained about it. I never thought of the Insane trait as making fun of mental illness. It is too cartoony to be offensive, IMO.

Not too long before they release a Unicorns & Rainbows pack, I think!

Well they have already given us a unicorn horn headband for cats and dogs, throw in a few rainbow wall de cals and there is the next stuff pack!

Can’t have real unicorns because they don’t have the budget (Look at how many times they have re coloured that damn bear outfit) and Grant will say it’s cruel
Field Researcher
#34 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 11:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Someone over on the discussion board for the EA forums actually made a thread about the whole Insane trait name change. And it's already been closed.

For fuck sake... the forums treat people like toddlers they really do.

Why don’t EA just remove all the negative traits? No kleptomaniacs in case it triggers someone, no evil sims, no other negative traits. Even fucking Animal Crossing is more “adult” these days. (Not the Pocket camp app)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#35 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 2:00 PM

And misery, grieving and distress look like misery, grieving and distress.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#36 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
And misery, grieving and distress look like misery, grieving and distress.

In this "cruel" game, characters can console each other. Can they do this in TS4? When you see how the sims in TS2 interact with each other, you become more kinder and more happier... :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#37 Old 19th Apr 2018 at 11:13 PM
For fuck sake... the forums treat people like toddlers they really do.

Why don’t EA just remove all the negative traits? No kleptomaniacs in case it triggers someone, no evil sims, no other negative traits. Even fucking Animal Crossing is more “adult” these days. (Not the Pocket camp app)

Hey...don't give them any ideas damn it!!!! I just wish people would just abandoned the entire Sims 4 forum and stop giving EA money for this shitty game. It's never going to end....
Instructor
#38 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 4:19 AM
Where are these T R I G G E R E D SJW's I see being talked about? All I see is two pages of people freaking out with caps lock on over a single word getting changed in a minor patch. It's a bit ironic. Can we get back to talking about the actual patch notes that were posted now?
Theorist
#39 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thesammy58
Where are these T R I G G E R E D SJW's I see being talked about? All I see is two pages of people freaking out with caps lock on over a single word getting changed in a minor patch. It's a bit ironic. Can we get back to talking about the actual patch notes that were posted now?

Where are these caps lock I see being talked about? All I see is an SJW trying to justify a game company wasting time pandering to people instead of producing actual content. Can we get back to talking about how ridiculous most of their decisions are now?
Instructor
#40 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Where are these caps lock I see being talked about? All I see is an SJW trying to justify a game company wasting time pandering to people instead of producing actual content. Can we get back to talking about how ridiculous most of their decisions are now?

If you’d like to spend your own time throwing the word SJW on to every person you disagree with on an Internet forum relating to a video game then be my guest. I’d like to add however that the soul in charge of replacing a string of text probably isn’t the same person implementing new features in to the game. EA does hire more than 1 person.
Smeg Head
#41 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 6:10 AM
EA does hire more than 1 person.

True. Many, many. Though getting them to communicate with each other, into a fully-functioning cohesive workforce, has proven to be beyond EAs means or, indeed, care. Except for the times they get them all to say "awesome" most of the time regarding every iteration of the franchise. Can't go wrong with that, and it's really cute how they've conditioned them to do that as a knee-jerk united front.

I'll bet my left nut that "everything is awesome" song in the Lego movie was inspired by studying Sim Gurus.

What's this got to do with the latest patch? It's a patch. It's awesome!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
#42 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:24 AM
Hey...don't give them any ideas damn it!!!! I just wish people would just abandoned the entire Sims 4 forum and stop giving EA money for this shitty game. It's never going to end....

I’m on the forums for the sims 2& 3 sections.

And as for giving for them money? Well as my late grandad used to say: “A fool and their money are easily parted”
Forum Resident
#43 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 10:57 AM
If you’d like to spend your own time throwing the word SJW on to every person you disagree with on an Internet forum relating to a video game then be my guest. I’d like to add however that the soul in charge of replacing a string of text probably isn’t the same person implementing new features in to the game. EA does hire more than 1 person.
I'm honestly so annoyed to see the words "triggered" and "SJW" being thrown around every single time something gets changed. They are stupid changes indeed, but when I see people saying "The snowflakes got triggered!" I can't take it seriously anymore and usually close the thread. Which happens a lot nowadays here tbh.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#44 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 11:26 AM
Anyway all they needed to do was plan the EPs more intelligently. What would have been so wrong with grouping the trigger-type stuff into seperate game packs so that sensitive people could choose to avoid the one that touched their sore area. In fact even death and ghosts could have done with being in a pack, cos some people are really freaked out by that. (death could be handled in basegame by the sim just suddenly not being there any more and a cheerful popup saying the sim finished his lifespan and is no longer in play) then if you buy the death and afterlife pack you get the full works with grim reaper and ghosts.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#45 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Anyway all they needed to do was plan the EPs more intelligently. What would have been so wrong with grouping the trigger-type stuff into seperate game packs so that sensitive people could choose to avoid the one that touched their sore area. In fact even death and ghosts could have done with being in a pack, cos some people are really freaked out by that. (death could be handled in basegame by the sim just suddenly not being there any more and a cheerful popup saying the sim finished his lifespan and is no longer in play) then if you buy the death and afterlife pack you get the full works with grim reaper and ghosts.
Technically it's a good idea, but they tried that with vampires and people still wanted to buy the pack for the CAS and build/buy mode items, but complained about vampire break-ins and that stuff. The most obvious thing would be to just add a toggle, but God knows how many times we've repeated that idea
Scholar
#46 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 5:10 PM
Yes! You already *can* toggle death, so why not a snowflake toggle for all the ooohh eeee scary triggering stuff like burglars, firefighters eeek insane sims, ect I mean REALLY why ruin the game for people who have loved it forever (Sims 1 here) because they desire to make the game more kid friendly/snowflake friendly. Thats what it feels like, a kid friendly game. UGH KIDS RUIN EVERYTHING LITERALLY EVERYTHING
Forum Resident
#47 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 7:33 PM
Ya'll are really wildin' out here, lol.

Why add a toggle for vampires when you can delete the only 3 that come with the pack? I bought it only for the town/spaces, but then I didn't know you couldn't get rid of the giant statue in the middle of the park So in my opinion the most important option would be to toggle shitty landscape objects that no one asked for.

FOR THE HORDE
Field Researcher
#48 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 8:12 PM
I’m on the forums for the sims 2& 3 sections.

And as for giving for them money? Well as my late grandad used to say: “A fool and their money are easily parted”

OH you're so right my friend. I'm on those forums too.... and as of today... it's not good. My wishes for it to just end came true. But EA will still make money from the PC sales for sometime to come.

I'm going to predict here that The Sims Mobile will also bite the dust within a year. That target audience of theirs is Fickle you know. And there are more mobile choices than ever.

wonder how long the TS4 forum will stay open before people go postal and then quit posting there?
Scholar
#49 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Weisskreuz
Ya'll are really wildin' out here, lol.

Why add a toggle for vampires when you can delete the only 3 that come with the pack? I bought it only for the town/spaces, but then I didn't know you couldn't get rid of the giant statue in the middle of the park So in my opinion the most important option would be to toggle shitty landscape objects that no one asked for.

I have a mod to keep vampire townies from generating because I really do detest vampires. I also deleted the ones that game with the pack. I bought the pack for more land, and all that wonderful gothic/victorian themed stuff that came with it. A toggle here for Vampires wouldn't really make a difference for me. However I still think a toggle for safe mode for kids (and snowflakes) would be great so everyone can get what they want instead of watering down the game to be 'safe'.
Field Researcher
#50 Old 20th Apr 2018 at 8:39 PM
OH you're so right my friend. I'm on those forums too.... and as of today... it's not good. My wishes for it to just end came true. But EA will still make money from the PC sales for sometime to come.

I'm going to predict here that The Sims Mobile will also bite the dust within a year. That target audience of theirs is Fickle you know. And there are more mobile choices than ever.

wonder how long the TS4 forum will stay open before people go postal and then quit posting there?

Apparently the mobile game has already fallen off the top 30 chart? According to the person on Reddit who said they were a Guru.

I think the forums will stay open for a while and then they will quietly close. Especially if mobile becomes successful. But given that threads are being censored left and right at the moment, I'm not sure why any sims 4 fans want to stay there.
Page 2 of 3