Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Frimlin's Expanded Rewards Store

by Frimlin Posted 14th May 2018 at 7:57 PM - Updated 21st Aug 2022 at 10:15 AM by Frimlin : Added v16

281 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 173 Feedback Posts, 107 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 12
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th May 2018 at 8:46 PM
Looks good. Going to try it now.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 14th May 2018 at 10:54 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th May 2018 at 1:05 AM
I love the looks of this mod! I downloaded it and was disappointed when it overrode my cheap aspirations mod, I always thought the prices on the rewards were ridiculous. My cheap mod is too much. Maybe you could redo it so the cheapest rewards are 1000 points, maybe even 2000 points. I would download it again and USE it!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 15th May 2018 at 5:18 AM
By looking at the conflicts, I'm gonna assume it will conflict with the All Perks Free mod as well?

http://modthesims.info/d/602878
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th May 2018 at 6:17 AM Last edited by Frimlin : 15th May 2018 at 7:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Paola3
By looking at the conflicts, I'm gonna assume it will conflict with the All Perks Free mod as well?

http://modthesims.info/d/602878

Correct, Paola3. And thank you for proactively checking that before posting. So that mod also seems to provide all reward traits for free, as well as perks. I'm not against the idea of providing the reward traits in this mod for free too and may consider releasing a flavour of the mod like that. Please just reply to let me know if you'd be interested in that and I'll take a note.

I'm being careful and deliberately slow to add more flavours at this stage, as I'd like to avoid creating too many variations of the mod. Having a lot of variations might prevent or delay me from updating fast if it is needed, for example.

Quote: Originally posted by tarzansmom
I love the looks of this mod! I downloaded it and was disappointed when it overrode my cheap aspirations mod, I always thought the prices on the rewards were ridiculous. My cheap mod is too much. Maybe you could redo it so the cheapest rewards are 1000 points, maybe even 2000 points. I would download it again and USE it!

I'm glad you like the look of the mod, but I'm sorry you didn't see the list of prices before you downloaded and so they surprised you. The current prices I added in the first version are roughly set to match the EA prices for the default reward traits. I actually already covered the idea of cheaper versions and giving feedback in the Q&A!

Before I make any extra flavours, I want a better idea of what people are looking for specifically first. Once I've had a bit of feedback and time to consider it, I would absolutely consider making cheaper options. This mod edits a file which lists the prices for all the default EA reward traits and objects, so I could potentially release a version of the mod that has every trait or object at half price: half the standard EA default price for standard reward traits, as well as half the prices I set for the Aspiration reward traits.

My hope is to have a little discussion with a few players, to get a better idea of what people are looking for, before I release anything new.

• Watch my Sims 4 Speed Builds & Let's Plays on YouTube.
  • Chat with me on Twitter. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 15th May 2018 at 10:26 AM
Nice mod! And I don't think the rewards are overpriced.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th May 2018 at 10:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xlisa93
Nice mod! And I don't think the rewards are overpriced.

Thanks, xlisa93! The prices also suit my play style - my sims live for a long time, I like doing Aspirations, so I tend to have lots of Satisfaction points. But I realise we all play the game differently... so within reason, I want to try and provide a few more options too. Enjoy your week!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 15th May 2018 at 3:51 PM
Thank you for this mod, it looks interesting! As you wrote in the description, I'd like to add my opinion on making things cheaper. I like to paly through long family trees and for that reason I play on a normal life-span, which would mean that many of these rewards I'd never be able to get to. I'd love a cheaper version balanced for a shorter lifespan of all the sims!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th May 2018 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MidnaHeed
Thank you for this mod, it looks interesting! As you wrote in the description, I'd like to add my opinion on making things cheaper. I like to paly through long family trees and for that reason I play on a normal life-span, which would mean that many of these rewards I'd never be able to get to. I'd love a cheaper version balanced for a shorter lifespan of all the sims!

Thanks for your feedback, MidnaHeed! Since the prices are similar to those of the default Maxis rewards, if I was to make a cheaper version of this mod, would you want the default Maxis rewards to be cheaper too? My current idea is to provide a half price flavour, but what I need to know is whether people want half price Maxis rewards too.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 15th May 2018 at 8:22 PM
Love This And No I Don't Want Cheaper Or More Expensive, I Would Love One That Is Matching More To The Maxis Prices Like A Version Where They Are More Mid Priced But Still Maybe 100 Points Diffrence Between Low-Low To Low-Mid Etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:00 AM
Update: New and cheaper flavours of this mod are coming soon - hopefully today (Wednesday, May 16th).

Test Subject
#13 Old 16th May 2018 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frimlin
Update: New and cheaper flavours of this mod are coming soon - hopefully today (Wednesday, May 16th).

Yay! Thank you dearest modder! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th May 2018 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MidnaHeed
Yay! Thank you dearest modder! :lovestruc

You're welcome, MidnaHeed. The new flavours are now available for download.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 16th May 2018 at 3:14 PM
will this conflict with "add traits in regular menu mod"?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 16th May 2018 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DreadfulButterfly
will this conflict with "add traits in regular menu mod"?

Hi DreadfulButterfly! I am not familiar with that mod. The easiest way to tell is to check the other mod and see if it uses the same file as this. If it does, then yes it will. The file this one alters is:
whims.whims_tracker_03B33DDF_00000000_CEE9A466EBFC13D1.xml

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 16th May 2018 at 4:27 PM
Thank you, Ash! this looks amazing
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th May 2018 at 11:33 PM
Thanks for the mod! I was just thinking about this yesterday, how great it would be to have more options on the reward shop :D

Also, a double price option would be really nice, just as a suggestion :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 17th May 2018 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pedruuabreu
Thanks for the mod! I was just thinking about this yesterday, how great it would be to have more options on the reward shop :D

Also, a double price option would be really nice, just as a suggestion :D

You're welcome, Pedruuabreu.

Yes you're right, a double price option could work too. I'll look into it! Thanks for the suggestion.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th May 2018 at 9:58 AM
Fantastic mod, ty for your work. It would be amazing if there was a way to put something like this in the normal sims menu so you could click on a non played sim and give them reward traits. I know you can do it by shift clicking on a sim in cheat mode but it's a pain because the window goes away every time you click just one trait.
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th May 2018 at 6:31 AM
Can you do a version that has the bonus traits from the initial aspiration available but not the aspiration awards (or some method to choose or identify which traits belong to which group)? I want to have to earn the aspiration rewards myself but be able to buy the bonus rewards for the aspirations I didn't initially use.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th May 2018 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by paulhtr
Fantastic mod, ty for your work. It would be amazing if there was a way to put something like this in the normal sims menu so you could click on a non played sim and give them reward traits. I know you can do it by shift clicking on a sim in cheat mode but it's a pain because the window goes away every time you click just one trait.

Thanks for your suggestion, paulhtr. I'm sorry but I don't feel this fits with what I want this mod to be. What I would suggest is, if the sims are homeless, add them all to a household and play it just long enough to add the traits, then take them out of the house again. I have done this a lot for my own sims and it doesn't take very long at all.

Quote: Originally posted by gwynhefar
Can you do a version that has the bonus traits from the initial aspiration available but not the aspiration awards (or some method to choose or identify which traits belong to which group)? I want to have to earn the aspiration rewards myself but be able to buy the bonus rewards for the aspirations I didn't initially use.

Hey gwynhefar! I'm not sure I know what you mean. Do you mean adding traits like "High Metabolism Bonus Trait" and "Muser Bonus Trait" to be available for purchase? I would have to investigate that but my initial feeling is that they are probably not set up in the same way and are only active while you pursue an Aspiration. If you confirm those are the traits you mean, I can investigate more. Thanks a lot!

Test Subject
#23 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:23 PM
Quote:
Hey gwynhefar! I'm not sure I know what you mean. Do you mean adding traits like "High Metabolism Bonus Trait" and "Muser Bonus Trait" to be available for purchase? I would have to investigate that but my initial feeling is that they are probably not set up in the same way and are only active while you pursue an Aspiration. If you confirm those are the traits you mean, I can investigate more. Thanks a lot!

Yes, those are the traits I mean. The way they work is that you get the bonus trait for the first aspiration you choose - the one you used when you created your Sim. That one you keep, even after completing the aspiration. But switching to a new aspiration doesn't give you the bonus trait for the new aspiration, you only get the trait for the first aspiration you choose, and the others are unavailable to you on that Sim. I'd love to be able to purchase the bonus traits for all the other aspirations that I didn't start out with. I'd be very grateful if you looked into it. Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 19th May 2018 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynhefar
Yes, those are the traits I mean. The way they work is that you get the bonus trait for the first aspiration you choose - the one you used when you created your Sim. That one you keep, even after completing the aspiration. But switching to a new aspiration doesn't give you the bonus trait for the new aspiration, you only get the trait for the first aspiration you choose, and the others are unavailable to you on that Sim. I'd love to be able to purchase the bonus traits for all the other aspirations that I didn't start out with. I'd be very grateful if you looked into it. Thanks!

Oh right! Actually I didn't know it worked like that. Thanks for the explanation.

Well I had a little look at it already and I've got some rough ideas how it could work. If it is how I think it is, it's not as straightforward as what is in the mod already. But it is already something I wanted to do, for some other rewards I wanted to add. So... it's on the list, but it may be quite some time before I get to it.

Test Subject
#25 Old 20th May 2018 at 12:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frimlin
Oh right! Actually I didn't know it worked like that. Thanks for the explanation.

Well I had a little look at it already and I've got some rough ideas how it could work. If it is how I think it is, it's not as straightforward as what is in the mod already. But it is already something I wanted to do, for some other rewards I wanted to add. So... it's on the list, but it may be quite some time before I get to it.

No problem! I'll be looking forward to it when you do get around to it
Page 1 of 12