Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The House of Tomorrow - Fallout 4

by TombRaider Posted 21st May 2018 at 3:26 PM - Updated 5th May 2019 at 1:45 PM by TombRaider

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st May 2018 at 4:53 PM
/me begins to hum an old tune:

"It's all over... but the cryyyyyinnnng...
And nobody's crying, but me...
Friends all over know I'm tryyyyyinnnnng
To forget about
How much I care
For you..."

Thank you for this, it's beautifully put together and brings back so many intense memories.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st May 2018 at 5:18 PM
wow!
This is so awesome! You have no idea how happy this makes me! Thanks so much
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st May 2018 at 7:52 PM
You've really nailed the retrofuturistic vibe. Lighting's great too!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd May 2018 at 3:02 AM
this is so accurate im so shocked you did an amazing job
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd May 2018 at 12:48 PM
Masterful!
This is some incredible re-creation here. Everything is spot on. All the way down to the scenes from the game. Some of the best dedication to reproducing pop culture in the Sims I've ever seen and logged on just to say so. It really doesn't get much closer. Pity about the upcoming next 15/20 minutes in their lives...
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd May 2018 at 3:29 PM
Oh, I love this! Fantastic job with the clutter and stuff.

Will you be uploading Sean, Codsworth, Nate and Nora somewhere, too? I know I could make my own, but I'm lazy. :P
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd May 2018 at 5:41 PM
Really nice floor plan; it inspired my current house design.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd May 2018 at 6:04 PM Last edited by TombRaider : 22nd May 2018 at 6:20 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by HallyM
Oh, I love this! Fantastic job with the clutter and stuff.

Will you be uploading Sean, Codsworth, Nate and Nora somewhere, too? I know I could make my own, but I'm lazy. :P

I'm currently working on a Lara Croft sim. http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...9&goto=lastpost
I did plan on making Nora and Nate sims, they would be more accurate than the ones I have in the pictures for the house, but I'm not set on that idea yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd May 2018 at 7:09 PM
Added some notes to the description page. Everything else seems to be working as I intended, played through a few sim days. Please let me know if you find any problems.

Notes:
  • How I have the objects set up is mainly for looks and accuracy. If you want them to function properly, they can be repositioned.
    Two side dining chairs, the outdoor chairs around the table, newspaper on island counter

• Even though there is a ton of clutter on the counters in the kitchen, sims will still prep food there. This is because the clutter is actually on the OMSP objects. Same for the stove.
  • There are regular counters to create the illusion of the bar/island from the game. If the kitchen counters are full, sims will use one of those counters. To prevent this, try adding flat objects to the 4 counters UNDERNEATH the main top counter. (Will post pictures)
  • BUILDING A BASEMENT will cause the OMSP objects to reset, meaning all the cluttler will be on ground level. You can easily position them back, however.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd May 2018 at 9:39 PM
Not only does this look great, it's actually very playable too! Cheers for sharing!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2018 at 10:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Qahne
Not only does this look great, it's actually very playable too! Cheers for sharing!

Thank you! That was my goal, looks and playability.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd May 2018 at 3:16 AM
This is absolutely amazing.. While I was scrolling through the pics there was this really spooky feel to the pics, because we know what happens.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:23 AM
This is super cool. You got the right feel and aesthetic down!! Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 25th May 2018 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TombRaider
I did plan on making Nora and Nate sims, they would be more accurate than the ones I have in the pictures for the house, but I'm not set on that idea yet.

I loved your Laura house, very imaginative and full of detail! It's awesome you're making a sim of her, too.

Well, I'll keep an eye out to see if you make the Fallout folks. Thanks again for making such a cool build.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 26th May 2018 at 12:18 PM
I've been waiting for a Fallout house!! <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Sep 2023 at 12:40 AM
I found my old account just to favourite this post. Absolutely amazing, congratuations and thank you or putting in this much effort and sharing it with the community