Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:37 AM
I could see one in a park and a club. Why not make a roller skating rink complete with the food stalls and maybe bowling if you have it?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#27 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Try again, but maybe less condescending this time.

I think the dig was at EA's prices, not the customers.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by seryina
I could see one in a park and a club. Why not make a roller skating rink complete with the food stalls and maybe bowling if you have it?

Would rather them focused on 1 object, adding in a bowling alley, or even a bar or food stall, might distract them elsewhere.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:05 PM

That wasn't condescending. Definition of condescending is here: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/condescending
From your point, I'd call that discreetly insulting, or carefully flaming but I don't see how it can be either.

Other points, weird that people are seeing this as GP. Have you guys tried out the new gardening system, bees or having a sim play around with flower aranging station? Its the points I find stronger in this pack.

One big question I have is, if you have laundry day stuffpack, do clothes get 'wet' (I supose it could be a moodlet) and you have to change into another one that are dry, while putting 'wet' ones to dryer? That would add a lot to that pack as well.
Mad Poster
#30 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:25 PM

They implied that they didn’t have money to purchase the pack but others did. How is that condescending? On what planet is having disposable income an insult?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#31 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 12:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
I'm finding it a little to actually truely get started with It, seems they didn't give us any premade example lots in our library. How would you go about building a roller-skating rink, there's no new lot types either. Should it go in Park, Pub, Nightclub? who knows....

I was very vocal in my complaint about no new world as many of us do not have a single vacant lot in this game. I did read though that the rink and stands will show up in some common areas of the worlds.
Instructor
#32 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I was very vocal in my complaint about no new world as many of us do not have a single vacant lot in this game. I did read though that the rink and stands will show up in some common areas of the worlds.

What kills me is that about a year ago, there was a thread on the officials asking "Would you be ok with it if Seasons lacked a new world?" and "Yes" won the poll. Sometimes I wonder if EA has accounts up to test waters and ask questions they're interested in while posing as a fan, or if there are fans that are truly that blindly in love with the franchise that they're defending missing features before they're even missing.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 1:29 PM
How would you go about building a roller-skating rink, there's no new lot types either.

That should be treated as a good thing though, no? People complained that lot types are very restrictive when it comes to functionality and placing down objects, so less or no more types the better experience? I for one think that Lot Assigment should act and behave as nothing more than a label for a player to navigate, distinguish and get an image on what the venue is all about. By no means affect the gameplay in it!

A fair balance and no lose&lose situations involve when it would come to pleasing certain players.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 2:32 PM
Just when to the GeekCon Festival in the rain, it was useless there is no undercover shelter anywhere, all computers, gaming console, and TV were broken (blowing sparks), i'm presuming it's because they are wet from the rain.

FInding it's rains far too much in the summer, now I can only wait until long 2 weeks until I go again.
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mixa97sr
That wasn't condescending. Definition of condescending is here: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/condescending
From your point, I'd call that discreetly insulting, or carefully flaming but I don't see how it can be either.

Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
They implied that they didn’t have money to purchase the pack but others did. How is that condescending? On what planet is having disposable income an insult?

I'm sorry if my English is not that good. Sometimes there are terms in Malay I couldn't reproduce in English, especially slang, so I go for the nearest term. I only started using English after primary school after all.

Not sure what the perfect word would be in English but the slang in Malay is 'atas' (literal translation is up, but that doesn't convey the meaning), which kinda implies we are privileged people who's here to air our privileges in public of some sort. I really don't know how to explain it well, but cant you just say those who has the game rather than making suggestions that we have the game because we are well off?

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I think the dig was at EA's prices, not the customers.

I got the pack for about 45% off through cdkeys.com, so for me the price is okay lol.
Forum Resident
#36 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:52 PM
it was just a joke. Calm down ...

FOR THE HORDE
Field Researcher
#37 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
What kills me is that about a year ago, there was a thread on the officials asking "Would you be ok with it if Seasons lacked a new world?" and "Yes" won the poll. Sometimes I wonder if EA has accounts up to test waters and ask questions they're interested in while posing as a fan, or if there are fans that are truly that blindly in love with the franchise that they're defending missing features before they're even missing.

Now see this right here is an example of someone actually being condecending towards other players.
Instructor
#38 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silly Merricat
Now see this right here is an example of someone actually being condecending towards other players.

Well seriously though, let's say hypothetically that, for example, you're fine with the idea of University if all classes and features (ALL) are rabbitholes with various effects. That's not a big deal in itself since sometimes even simple features can be done right, but are you gonna go to EA and be like "who else would still give them lots of money if the pack was just rabbit holes?" And even so, that doesn't mean you wouldn't appreciate more active involvement in the classes and features either. It's just this attitude that compromises down for no reason whatsoever before it's even been implied they need to do so, and you have to ask what's the motivation for a person to do that.
Instructor
#39 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:16 PM
I haven't played yet, but from the screenshots and videos, I really like the lightning effects and I think snow looks good. I noticed in a gameplay video that Sims won't have their umbrella out while walking their dogs in the rain so they'll get wet and uncomfortable. Is it really that hard to update these things work together as you'd expect them to?
I also don't like how the skating rinks spawn randomly in the world. I'd have preferred their placement to be up to the player.
I saw a Neighbourhood Brawl holiday pop-up in one of Sims Supply's video, it was generated by the game as a random holiday, and I thought that was quite funny. The tradition for it was fighting. I don't think he played long enough to see it through but it'd be interesting to see what the neighbourhood does, or if it's up to his Sim to start fights.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
It's just this attitude that compromises down for no reason whatsoever before it's even been implied they need to do so, and you have to ask what's the motivation for a person to do that.

I personally don't think it's that weird for people to be ok with Seasons focusing on... you know... seasons and not having another world. Development time comes with limits and budgets, that's just how the world works. I'd rather have the functions integrate and work well without the added neighborhood than a bunch of non functioning "gameplay" like festivals where 2 sims show up to an empty park like in the Sims 3 (which had so many broken features). It's not because I've been hoodwinked by my corporate overlords.

Anyway, I don't really want to derail the thread more. I really just came here to see screenshots and get my fix since I'm stuck at work and can't try it out tonight.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 4:55 PM Last edited by Weisskreuz : 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:40 PM.
So would anyone be able to answer my question? Was planning on flaunting my privilege and buying it today. I play too many families and forget sometimes. Just wanna know if events carried over. I love immersion.

FOR THE HORDE
Scholar
#42 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 5:51 PM
I got the pack for about 45% off through cdkeys.com, so for me the price is okay lol.

Cdkeys.com is the best deal, but it’s more like 25% off. They jack up their original prices to make the discount look better.

It really is cheaper this time, but be careful to check all prices before you buy there. Saw the First Pets Stuff “marked down” to 12.99. It’s 9.99 (7.49 yesterday) on Origin.
Scholar
#43 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:07 PM
Anyone tried seasons in granite falls or the jungle adventure world? I just got jungle last night and I don’t want to possibly mess up the adventure with unintended gameplay due to weather.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:10 PM
I started with Spring and let me tell you the rain is underwhelming. Only the thunderstorm type rain feels immersive, the heavy and light rain weather types are very VERY underwhelming. The rain sfx are too quiet, there are no splashing effects when rain hits the ground (only ripples in water) and other effects like droplets falling off umbrellas or the edges of roofs are also absent. Plus the rain puddles are only visible at a certain angle and in most cases you cannot see them very well.
Scholar
#45 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
I started with Spring and let me tell you the rain is underwhelming. Only the thunderstorm type rain feels immersive, the heavy and light rain weather types are very VERY underwhelming. The rain sfx are too quiet, there are no splashing effects when rain hits the ground (only ripples in water) and other effects like droplets falling off umbrellas or the edges of roofs are also absent. Plus the rain puddles are only visible at a certain angle and in most cases you cannot see them very well.

Isn't it depends on your graphics quality settings?
looking in this video it sounds and looks great to me.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
Isn't it depends on your graphics quality settings?
looking in this video it sounds and looks great to me.

My graphic settings are maxed out, plus uncompressed sim textures. I don't see or hear anything in that video that I haven't experienced in game. No splashes on the ground, roofs or umbrellas, barely visible puddles (unless you look at them from an angle like in the vid, try looking at them from a top down perspective) and very quiet rain sounds.

On the other hand, heatwave distortion visuals look great, however it takes forever to get affected by temperatures, I'm waiting for an opportunity to use that damn thermostat.
Scholar
#47 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Teostar
My graphic settings are maxed out, plus uncompressed sim textures. I don't see or hear anything in that video that I haven't experienced in game. No splashes on the ground, roofs or umbrellas, barely visible puddles (unless you look at them from an angle like in the vid, try looking at them from a top down perspective) and very quiet rain sounds.

On the other hand, heatwave distortion visuals look great, however it takes forever to get affected by temperatures, I'm waiting for an opportunity to use that damn thermostat.

If it's the same as in the video I would love that
I never watch my game from a top to down perspective, unless while building (and even that not so often) so I wouldn't mind that..

no splashes is a bit shame tho
is it apply for the thunderstorm rain as well?
Field Researcher
#48 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
If it's the same as in the video I would love that
I never watch my game from a top to down perspective, unless while building (and even that not so often) so I wouldn't mind that..

no splashes is a bit shame tho
is it apply for the thunderstorm rain as well?

No splashes whatsoever, and believe me the puddles are only truly visible at a very particular angle. I don't play top-down, but I was flailing the camera around trying to find a good angle from which to view the puddles and most times they were fairly invisible. Also they aren't actual puddles you can play in, there is no playing in regular puddles. (only in mud puddles, which look hideous but your Sims can also trip on them which is nice) There is a "Play in Rain" interaction available wherever you click on the ground during rain, which looks... uninteresting.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:03 PM
I’m finding it a lot more enjoyable than I thought I would.

However, it’s not without faults:
I changed the weather to snow via the snow machine in Windenburg in Summer. The snow fell all day but never actually landed. Likewise a blizzard had all the look of a blizzard just minus snow.
Mud puddles look awful.
The rain doesn’t seem to connect with the ground except on water but not puddles.

I miss being able to set my own order of seasons and being able to choose the individual lengths of seasons.

I do like that each worlds weather is different. The thunderstorms are done really well and I think the snow is pretty but at many angles the lack of depth is apparent. But seasons had changed the feel of the worlds.

I like many of the new objects like the bee keeping, florist bench, swings etc. (Although mud fights look weird)
Mad Poster
#50 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:26 PM
Just when to the GeekCon Festival in the rain, it was useless there is no undercover shelter anywhere, all computers, gaming console, and TV were broken (blowing sparks), i'm presuming it's because they are wet from the rain.

FInding it's rains far too much in the summer, now I can only wait until long 2 weeks until I go again.

Would be cool If festivals had awning (If such object TS2-style object were introduced) appear during Rain to weather-proof electronics there.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 2 of 9