Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No CL/IL/SE NPC names [Updated]

by simmytime Posted 6th Jul 2018 at 8:56 PM - Updated 5th Mar 2024 at 2:32 PM by simmytime

153 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 82 Feedback Posts, 70 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 9:17 PM
Thank you so much! I am so tired of all the repeated Asian/Arabic names, when over 90% of the time the NPC doesn't look like either nationality!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:03 PM
In my game, all Sims received such names, it's finally over. All this did not make sense. Just a question, do the jungle inhabitants keep the names exotics them? For once, they are not too ugly and they are logical and suited them.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:19 PM
OMG!! Thank you so much, been waiting for this forever!! My biggest pet peeve is the many Watanabes , Maedas, and the Srivastavas. Sheesh not easy to say, neither do you want your sim to marry the name! Thank God for wonderful modders with out you the game would not be worth playing. :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:40 PM
Thank you simmytime. I'm all for diversity in my Sims but enough with the nakamura and similar repetition.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heidi137
In my game, all Sims received such names, it's finally over. All this did not make sense. Just a question, do the jungle inhabitants keep the names exotics them? For once, they are not too ugly and they are logical and suited them.

Good question! I forgot to mention! Yes, the townie names of Selvadorada remain the same.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 2:15 AM
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I got tired of constantly monitoring newly spawned townies and having to change their last names.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmytime
Good question! I forgot to mention! Yes, the townie names of Selvadorada remain the same.

It's perfect, thank you again for this wise mod
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 11:50 AM
If only sims with japanese and arabic names would *actually* look the part, then I wouldn't mind it as much, but I've seen waaaay too many blond caucasian sims with those names.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 12:38 PM
Finally! Thank you!!!!!! Haha. Every townie spawned in my game had some variation of Japanese / Arabic name. It's good to have ethnically diverse names, but there wasn't enough variation. It gets annoying when all your townies are named Seiji Kobayashi and Mariko Nakamura, and all of them are blondes or red-heads.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 4:24 PM
Omg thank you so much
Literally every sim I see is named Mizuki Or Sakamoto like so annoying
Got tired of changing everyones named
Inventor
#12 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 6:48 PM
Is this mod also working for other languages than english one?
Inventor
THANKS POST
#13 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:05 PM
Thanks so much for this long overdue mod. Do you know if it will conflict with this one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=595445
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:13 PM
Thank you so much! You're a star!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
Thanks so much for this long overdue mod. Do you know if it will conflict with this one: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=595445

well the author hasnt put which resources are modified, so cant tell for sure, but it looks like the two mods will have modified the same resource at some point.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 10:22 PM
THANK YOU!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 1:22 AM
Thank you so, so much for this.
I have 4 families in my current save with the last name "Yamamoto". No relation.
City Living was a mistake.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 4:55 AM
Oh man! I wish I could have this mod with this mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=595445 but I suppose we can't tell without them putting out the resources.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 8:48 AM
Thank you!!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 3:13 PM
So quick question. Does this completely get rid of the more racially flavored names or just add to them with more randomization? If it adds to the randomization so those names aren't so common BUT doesn't get rid of them entirely, I want to use it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 4:41 PM
I cannot POSSIBLY thank you enough for this. You seriously just saved my love for this game. PLEASE keep this updated if it ever breaks with patches, updates, etc. Seriously, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOUUUUU!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 8:22 PM
I was just thinking how much I hate the use of the same names over and over again, now if someone would come up with a way to make them quit looking alike too. There is a CC mole in my game that every spawned person has and it's driving me crazy - and a nose mask that is needed for a CC person I downloaded and now all the spawned NPC's have black or white noses. It looks like they have some kind of odd camouflage on. Thank you for this - it is so appreciated!
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:23 PM
How does this mod effect NPC pets?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 9:31 PM
Ah there is a mod like this but it's no longer supported so thank you for this new one!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MoxieGraphix
So quick question. Does this completely get rid of the more racially flavored names or just add to them with more randomization? If it adds to the randomization so those names aren't so common BUT doesn't get rid of them entirely, I want to use it.

This mod takes these names out completely. But if you like I can make one with the original names back in. In a few days time when Im back home not away for work.
Page 1 of 7