Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Club Utils

by scumbumbo Posted 20th Aug 2018 at 9:58 PM - Updated 28th Apr 2019 at 3:30 AM by scumbumbo : Version 3 - Gatherings anywhere

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 11:24 PM
This is cool! Now I can create my own fan club!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 12:11 AM
oh this is fantastic. Thank you so much. This just... opens so many more possibilities.
Would it be possible to add the ability to start group gatherings from the console? I'd like to have clubs that all meet at the same lot and have them all show up even when my current family is only part of one of the clubs.
still, thank your for this and all you contribute to our sim community
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 12:13 AM
This is so great and much needed! Thank you, thank you so much!
Deceased
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DreamaDove
Would it be possible to add the ability to start group gatherings from the console? I'd like to have clubs that all meet at the same lot and have them all show up even when my current family is only part of one of the clubs.
still, thank your for this and all you contribute to our sim community

My best guess is... I'm not sure!

I'll give it a try though and see what happens. I may have to manually spawn the Sims for the other club, not sure how well it would all work. Might be easy, we'll see
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 2:22 AM
Oh my goodness. This is going to be so helpful. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 3:14 AM
Thank you! I've been dying for something like this ever since Get Together came out.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 5:57 AM
Thank you for this exceptional mod, you are awesome
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 8:25 PM
Brilliant. What a star you are.
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 9:56 AM
I have had some success with adding a command to start club gatherings for clubs outside of the ones your played Sims are in. Has to be done at a lot owned by one of the target club's members or a public lot, other than that it seems to work. I want to make it easier/more reliable to use yet though.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2018 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I have had some success with adding a command to start club gatherings for clubs outside of the ones your played Sims are in. Has to be done at a lot owned by one of the target club's members or a public lot, other than that it seems to work. I want to make it easier/more reliable to use yet though.

Oh, wow! I'm so excited! Thank you Maybe now I'll be able to have different bowling clubs show much at my bowling center. I also do school lots with teacher/student/staff clubs and before I had to have someone in my family in each thing.

Thank you so much! It's incredibly appreciated~ <3
Deceased
Original Poster
#12 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 8:23 AM
The club gathering code seems to be working quite well, so I've updated the mod with the feature. The game treats a club gathering as a queued request, and it may take a while for club members to begin arriving if the Sim limit for the lot is reached. This is particularly true if multiple gatherings are queued. I've had several queued up at one time and they seem to be processed in order as Sims leave the lot to make room for newly spawned club Sims.

Clubs will eventually disperse, sometimes very quickly if there are only one or two members and they have little to do. A command has also been added to force any club gathering to end.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#13 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 4:10 AM
This is fantastic timesaver, it was annoying having to load up a unplayable household to manage a club because they are the leader, worse still if the leader is homeless and has even no house to manage it.

I changed the League of Adventurers hangout to a restaurant, because there was a unused playground at the back, but had doubts they would show up because i'm already at the 20 sim limit and it was late, but they all showed up within minutes, and amazing they stayed all night, or they probably would of stayed indefinitely if I didn't go home.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 6:56 PM
This makes me actually want to join a club now. I found them so tedious, and your cheats will definitely make it more interesting, imo Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 10:06 PM
thank you!!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 8:33 PM
Thank you so much for all your hard work updating your mods, and especially this one! Starting a new game and getting clubs set up and rearranged is much easier now with this mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 8:12 AM
Great job!
Test Subject
#18 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 8:21 PM
Cant use any of the commands
I type the command in. fails. Help?
Deceased
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aieou
I type the command in. fails. Help?

Not sure what to tell you, the mod is working. Make sure your game is fully updated with the latest patches and you have the most recent version of this mod installed. Make sure you have no old copies of the mod in your mods folder. Etc.
Instructor
#20 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 12:34 AM
is it possible to make any club member to be able to change club rules and requirements?

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Deceased
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
is it possible to make any club member to be able to change club rules and requirements?

Adding club rules via the cheat command line would be complex and error-prone, likely what you are suggesting would require a mod to the user interface code, something I try never to deal with myself. There's a couple of modders who work with the UI code, probably one of them could accomplish it. It's also possible that maybe it can be changed by just an XML tweak, I just wouldn't be sure where to look for that.
Deceased
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Apr 2019 at 4:28 AM
So this latest version adds the ability to do club gatherings on any lot both via the "clubs.gather" command, and the Start Gathering button on the Sim's club panel. In testing no one has run into any issues with this, but it is possible that there's a good reason why you shouldn't start a gathering on certain lots. No one could think of a good reason, but that doesn't mean there isn't one. If you do run into odd problems with a gathering on a normally disallowed lot please let me know about it - what happened and what type of lot it was.

Enjoy!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#23 Old 8th May 2019 at 10:39 AM
I been using the old version, dated from 16th Nov, 18, using most of the commands constantly, and all this time I didn't even know this script was broken.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 5:27 AM
Tested and confirmed working 7th Dec 2019. RIP Scumbumbo, we'll always love you <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 16th Aug 2020 at 12:20 PM
If anyone is wondering.. yes, this still works. For Scumbumbo's mods that needed updates, visit this site https://scumbumbomods.com/
Page 1 of 2