Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 2:08 AM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 24th Aug 2018 at 12:41 AM.
Default [Solved] Why is this happening?
So, I edited an ITUN file for toddlers to play in the toilet, and I made custom animations for them, when I tested it out they stretched, I merged the ITUN with the animations but I don't know why the toddler stretches. Same thing happens with other interactions, such as getting a child to attack with the claw to a toddler. Does anybody know why this happens and if it can be fixed? I did name the animations correctly.
Thank you for any help

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 6:07 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 23rd Aug 2018 at 3:58 PM. Reason: Accidently added is before doesn't.
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
So, I edited an ITUN file for toddlers to play in the toilet, and I made custom animations for them, when I tested it out they stretched, I merged the ITUN with the animations but I don't know why the toddler stretches. Same thing happens with other interactions, such as getting a child to attack with the claw to a toddler. Does anybody know why this happens and if it can be fixed? I did name the animations correctly.
Thank you for any help

It might be that the game doesn't recognize your animation and plays a different one instead.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 12:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
It might be that the game is doesn't recognize your animation and plays a different one instead.

Hmm, just seems strange, because usually I name the clips exactly the same as the originals, but some just don't seem to work

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:20 PM
Hmm, just seems strange, because usually I name the clips exactly the same as the originals, but some just don't seem to work

What have you done so far with your mod?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:22 PM
What have you done so far with your mod?

Nothing right now, I can't tell why the toddler is stretching. Working on something else now

Scholar
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:29 PM
Nothing right now, I can't tell why the toddler is stretching. Working on something else now

Could you send the mod? I might be able to figure it out. Did you tell Skydome about this yet or do you just don't feel like bothering him? I'm happy to be your guinea pig for your mod.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:44 PM
Could you send the mod? I might be able to figure it out. Did you tell Skydome about this yet or do you just don't feel like bothering him? I'm happy to be your guinea pig for your mod.

Yes, shall I just put it here or send it to you by email?
Nah, I asked him to script the stroller for children to use it for my Children can care for toddlers mod, but he said his computer is having problems so I'll have to wait. You sure can be my lil' guinea pig if you want

Scholar
#8 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:46 PM
Yes, shall I just put it here or send it to you by email?
Nah, I asked him to script the stroller for children to use it for my Children can care for toddlers mod, but he said his computer is having problems so I'll have to wait. You sure can be my lil' guinea pig if you want

It doesn't really matter to me. Take your pick.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 4:50 PM
It doesn't really matter to me. Take your pick.

Haha I'm not very good a picking, I like to leave it to other people, but just to be quick I'll upload right here.

Oh, and I think you might have to have Pets for this one, I used the cat's interaction.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  TST_toddlerPlayInToilet.rar (97.1 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content

Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:07 PM
I have to admit that i'm having trouble getting my laptop to charge because the charger's half broken but I got it to work by moving it around at a certain angle. I had messaged my dad a couple days ago but I had gotten no answer back but i'll call him later on today. Anyways I'll need to reboot my game because I was in a middle of a genetic experimentation blending a female and a male sim genes together in cas to see what their offspring would look like as a teen and an adult and I had gotten some rather interesting results doing so.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:11 PM
I have to admit that i'm having trouble getting my laptop to charge because the charger's half broken but I got it to work by moving it around at a certain angle. I had messaged my dad a couple days ago but I had gotten no answer back but i'll call him later on today. Anyways I'll need to reboot my game because I was in a middle of a genetic experimentation blending a female and a male sim genes together in cas to see what their offspring would look like as a teen and an adult and I had gotten some rather interesting results doing so.

Ah, sorry about your cable, I hope you'll get a new one soon.
Ah, that's cool.

Scholar
#12 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:20 PM
Ah, sorry about your cable, I hope you'll get a new one soon.
Ah, that's cool.

Yeah you should have seen the kind of specimen that I had created randoming a male and female sim in cas and blending them together to see what kind of spawn they would create together. I'm like an evil scientist that goes around kidnapping sims and forcing them to mate to find out what their children would look like,kill off the parents then study the children's genetics then do it all over again to create the perfect offspring. Who knew that playing sims in a god like way can be so entertaining.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:26 PM
Yeah you should have seen the kind of specimen that I had created randoming a male and female sim in cas and blending them together to see what kind of spawn they would create together. I'm like an evil scientist that goes around kidnapping sims and forcing them to mate to find out what their children would look like,kill off the parents then study the children's genetics then do it all over again to create the perfect offspring. Who knew that playing sims in a god like way can be so entertaining.

Ah, you have any pics?
idk either, perhaps because you have all the control over them

Scholar
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:56 PM
Ah, you have any pics?
idk either, perhaps because you have all the control over them

Sure but I would need a good image capture program that's free because I have no money. Bandicam is ok but the pictures come out too dark on it. What program do you use to take all your pictures of your toddlers and children?
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 5:58 PM
Sure but I would need a good image capture program that's free because I have no money. Bandicam is ok but the pictures come out too dark on it. What program do you use to take all your pictures of your toddlers and children?

I use the in-game camera to capture the pictures, but to capture the UI or other I use Fraps, the color comes out fine when taking pictures in-game with Fraps.

Scholar
#16 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 6:15 PM
I use the in-game camera to capture the pictures, but to capture the UI or other I use Fraps, the color comes out fine when taking pictures in-game with Fraps.

Really?! Well I'll need to uninstall Bandicam and replace it with Fraps then.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 6:31 PM
Really?! Well I'll need to uninstall Bandicam and replace it with Fraps then.

Well, if you record videos of other stuff (not sim games) then don't, the free version of Fraps only lets you record for an almost stupid amount of time, 30 seconds, and with Bandicam it lets you record up to 10 minutes.
But otherwise if you don't record, then uninstall it.

Scholar
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 6:46 PM
It's what I thought. I think the game doesn't recognize your custom animation in the game and uses the cat animation instead or at least that's what it seems like that is the problem to me. I had attached a rar file that contains the video of the toddler stretching while playing with the toilet bowl. How do I play clip files in Blender?
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Toddler stretchs while playing with the toilet.zip (1.09 MB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 7:16 PM
It's what I thought. I think the game doesn't recognize your custom animation in the game and uses the cat animation instead or at least that's what it seems like that is the problem to me. I had attached a rar file that contains the video of the toddler stretching while playing with the toilet bowl. How do I play clip files in Blender?

Ah, my toddler's the same. Do you have the clip plugin to import the clips? If not it's here: https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/

And in the scene setting at the bottom select import Clip file. Though, do import the right clip for the right age:

a = Adult rig
c = child rig
p = Toddler rig
b = baby rig
ac = adult cat. I used this rig to see the cat's animation.

Scholar
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 7:48 PM
Ah, my toddler's the same. Do you have the clip plugin to import the clips? If not it's here: https://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/

And in the scene setting at the bottom select import Clip file. Though, do import the right clip for the right age:

a = Adult rig
c = child rig
p = Toddler rig
b = baby rig
ac = adult cat. I used this rig to see the cat's animation.

How did you make the animations in Blender? The animation looks great in Blender, it's the game that you should focus on and I think the problem even though you had named and animated the clips how they're supposed to be the game couldn't read your animation so it plays the cat animation instead so yeah I think the mod just needs some scripting done on it. I'm not pretending to an expert on this because i'm not but that's just my theory.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 7:51 PM
How did you make the animations in Blender? The animation looks great in Blender, it's the game that you should focus on and I think the problem even though you had named and animated the clips how they're supposed to be the game couldn't read your animation so it plays the cat animation instead so yeah I think the mod just needs some scripting done on it. I'm not pretending to an expert on this because i'm not but that's just my theory.

By animating the rig in certain keyframes, hard to explain. Yes, maybe it does, it's a shame though because I still don't know how to code...

Scholar
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 8:28 PM
By animating the rig in certain keyframes, hard to explain. Yes, maybe it does, it's a shame though because I still don't know how to code...

Me and you both. I don't have the proper resources to learn coding and whenever I look up examples on Youtube or on the internet they just look so intimidating with how complex and complicated with the way they look. It's a shame that there are barely any programmers for Sims 3 besides Skydome to rely on. It seems like they had all moved on to Sims 4. I have this one mod for Sims 4 that allows your sims to do naughty things with other sims and one that lets you kill other sims in a variety of different ways and blood would be over your sims' face and clothes when you kill a sim along with a plethora of other features included in it. The animations were pretty smooth and fluid. What happened to those modders,animators and programmers for this game. I tried so hard to like Sims 4 but it's so disappointing,sad and lifeless to play without mods and cc that it's just so depressing to play with the way how the sims always seem to be happy to the point where it gets very creepy to watch. That's why i'm happy that you stepped in and took matters into your own hands to make more mods to spice up this game a little bit because toddlers and children are so left out in this game compared to Sims 2 and congratulations for being one of the featured creators on this site. You had really earned it which is a lot more than I could say about myself where I can only dream about the wonderful content that I could make for this game and instead insist on sitting on my lazy bum to watch Youtube videos and play video games and then do absolutely nothing to help make that dream become a reality.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 8:37 PM
Me and you both. I don't have the proper resources to learn coding and whenever I look up examples on Youtube or on the internet they just look so intimidating with how complex and complicated with the way they look. It's a shame that there are barely any programmers for Sims 3 besides Skydome to rely on. It seems like they had all moved on to Sims 4. I have this one mod for Sims 4 that allows you to do naughty things with your sims and one that lets you kill other sims in a variety of different ways and blood would be over your sims' face and clothes when you kill a sim along with a plethora of other features included in it. The animations were pretty smooth and fluid. What happened to those modders,animators and programmers for this game. I tried so hard to like Sims 4 but it's so disappointing,sad and lifeless to play without mods and cc that it's just so depressing to play with the way how the sims always seem to be happy to the point where it gets very creepy to watch. That's why i'm happy that you stepped in and took matters into your own hands to make more mods to spice up this game a little bit because toddlers and children are so left out in this game compared to Sims 2 and congratulations for being one of the featured creators on this site. You had really earned it which is a lot more than I could say about myself where I can only dream about the wonderful content that I could make for this game and instead insist on sitting on my lazy bum to watch Youtube videos and play video games and then do absolutely nothing to help make that dream become a reality.

Ah, yes I don't like Sims 4 as much, just seems less, like sims are a little bland, they don't have much personality aside from the different types of walks which is pretty cool, but I've always loved Sims 3 since I first played it, I was about 6 or 7 and some years have passed and I still love it and play it, just never gets boring to me. And aw, thanks! You know, I can teach you to animate and edit files in Sims 3, make some of your own mods Any dream can come true, no matter how hard it is to achieve

Scholar
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 9:11 PM
Ah, yes I don't like Sims 4 as much, just seems less, like sims are a little bland, they don't have much personality aside from the different types of walks which is pretty cool, but I've always loved Sims 3 since I first played it, I was about 6 or 7 and some years have passed and I still love it and play it, just never gets boring to me. And aw, thanks! You know, I can teach you to animate and edit files in Sims 3, make some of your own mods Any dream can come true, no matter how hard it is to achieve

Thank you so much for your offer. You could tutor me anytime that your heart desires. If only we could convince the programmers to teach us some of their skills because i'm too poor and I live with my grandparents and is too busy taking care of them for that to be even a priority then we probably wouldn't be having this problem. Thankfully we still have Skydome though and he was kind enough to link me to a coding tutorial on Youtube and taught me some of the stuff that he knew to help me work on my mod which is enabling the Skeeball machine for children which is core blocked so even Nraas Retuner and and editing the ITUNS won't enable it for them to use. It's a shame that EAxis thinks children are so fragile that they're not even allowed to play Skeeball which is a thing that plenty of children IN REAL LIFE do in places like Chuck E Cheese's and Dave and Buster . Oh well I guess I would just have to save that dream mod for a different time.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2018 at 9:18 PM
Thank you so much for your offer. You could tutor me anytime that your heart desires. If only we could convince the programmers to teach us some of their skills because i'm too poor and I live with my grandparents and is too busy taking care of them for that to be even a priority then we probably wouldn't be having this problem. Thankfully we still have Skydome though and he was kind enough to link me to a coding tutorial on Youtube and taught me some of the stuff that he knew to help me work on my mod which is enabling the Skeeball machine for children which is core blocked so even Nraas Retuner and and editing the ITUNS won't enable it for them to use. It's a shame that EAxis thinks children are so fragile that they're not even allowed to play Skeeball which is a thing that plenty of children IN REAL LIFE do in places like Chuck E Cheese's and Dave and Buster . Oh well I guess I would just have to save that dream mod for a different time.

Aw, well you can ask me anything you need/want

Oh, do you almost know how to unblock it? And Ikr, kids almost can't do anything because they're still little "babies" according to the game, except for the day before yesterday, I discovered they could go to the day spa and get massages, packages, body treatments etc. so sometimes kids can be "little babies" and sometimes "little ladies or lads" lol

Page 1 of 2