Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 12:34 PM
Debug items
So i'm starting a new thread because I cannot find a thread about items that's called 'debug' in the game.
I'm not english so i'm sorry for not using the right sentences or words.

However, this is my problem: when I download some stuff from the TSR-site, there are always some items that show up as called 'debug'.
For example, I download some furniture from a designer called: Kardofe. All the furniture show up in my game, but some parts of the furniture called 'debug'. And I really don't know why. But then I start to use them and nothing is wrong, but when I leave the game and start it up later, the 'debug items' are gone and Maxis has placed there own furniture instead. I really don't like it and I wished that someone knows what to do about this.

Please help
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marjosca
So i'm starting a new thread because I cannot find a thread about items that's called 'debug' in the game.
I'm not english so i'm sorry for not using the right sentences or words.

However, this is my problem: when I download some stuff from the TSR-site, there are always some items that show up as called 'debug'.
For example, I download some furniture from a designer called: Kardofe. All the furniture show up in my game, but some parts of the furniture called 'debug'. And I really don't know why. But then I start to use them and nothing is wrong, but when I leave the game and start it up later, the 'debug items' are gone and Maxis has placed there own furniture instead. I really don't like it and I wished that someone knows what to do about this.

Please help

This should probably be reported to TSR. There is a button on each download called "report this download".

I have downloaded some items labeled debug at TSR and used them in my houses. I haven't seen them disappear at any point though. I suspect they are called Debug because EA called them that. I suspect it's the creator who made them that forgot to give the items a name. It's annoying and make them unsearchable, unless you search for Debug.

To solve the problem you could perhaps try either TSRW or sims4studio and rename them internally.

I suspect this thread will now be taken over by the people who don't like TSR, next time you might want to leave them out of it, it doesn't have to be only them. Creators without a connection to a bigger site might leave naming their objects out of it totally. Perhaps we can still stay mature in this thread and stay on topic?
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 10:14 AM
As long as we all don't start a witch hunt and stay on topic of course it's okay to talk about these things

Debug, If I recall right (And let's be honest, TSR can be a dangerous place when it comes to uncategorised clothes, etc. so are other sites with little to no description sometimes) But I recall that being a thing if the creator indeed didn't name the object. OR cloned something debug-y. I know it's a common practice these days to choose either random objects without really taking in account their actual purpose or debug items to make CC. it can be quite annoying indeed so checking them with S4Studio is indeed a smart thing to do.

It's just annoying since it shouldn't really be the task of the downloader to actually fix issues that are easily fixed like that. Especially since not everyone has a creator background and really knows how to fix these things in the first place.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Sep 2018 at 6:35 PM
Most of Kardofe's items are listed as debug but I'm pretty sure they're listed that way because the creator doesn't name them. As for coming back and it's replaced, I've never seen that but it could just be that it hasn't loaded. I've taken out some of Kardofe's items in game because it caused some issues and when I've come to open the save later, it's all different maxis objects so that might be the case, as well.
dodgy builder
#5 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rogueandroyal
Most of Kardofe's items are listed as debug but I'm pretty sure they're listed that way because the creator doesn't name them. As for coming back and it's replaced, I've never seen that but it could just be that it hasn't loaded. I've taken out some of Kardofe's items in game because it caused some issues and when I've come to open the save later, it's all different maxis objects so that might be the case, as well.

If that is the case kardofe should be informed so it can be investigated. It might not have anything to do with kardofe, it might just be EA's doing, we all know how that works.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
If that is the case kardofe should be informed so it can be investigated. It might not have anything to do with kardofe, it might just be EA's doing, we all know how that works.

That I'm aware of, they have been before but you know that doesn't always mean much. It happens.
dodgy builder
#7 Old 5th Sep 2018 at 1:11 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 5th Sep 2018 at 5:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by rogueandroyal
That I'm aware of, they have been before but you know that doesn't always mean much. It happens.

It sure does. If it's a pattern to it when it happens, then it needs to be investigated.