Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 4:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Rude as posts like that may be, I kinda sympathize with the second one since it isn't the first time they brought back something that honestly should have been in the base game from the start, and expect a pat on the back for it. Like I said before, this game created a lot of bad blood between the devs and a big chunk of the community. And, unfortunately, it's gonna take more than bringing back the features they'd been asking for for years to completely win back people's trust. It doesn't help that a lot of these returning features (whether they're base features or not) come with a big catch. There's almost always "but" now. We got CASt back, BUT it's only for pets. We got apartments back, BUT you can't build any, yourself, and they can only be used in the City. We got terrain tools back, BUT there doesn't seem to be a bond and you can't pain the sides of your hills. Pools and Toddlers were the perfect example of what we should have been getting. They not only brought them back, but actually made them better (though neither of them should have been gone in the first place).

Bitching about the new career is dumb though. Lord knows we need as many of those as we can get.

I might be disappointed as well for the half-baked features, because the DLCs cost an arm and a leg. However I was talking about the "Free" stuff they gave to us. They're just trying to replace the missing pieces of the base game. I just don't see why sims team got backfired for giving out free stuff, that is the rude.
Also, I kinda know why they decided to forbid us from painting the side of the terrain: The texture would be stretched out and look ugly.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 6:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kompaktive
I might be disappointed as well for the half-baked features, because the DLCs cost an arm and a leg. However I was talking about the "Free" stuff they gave to us. They're just trying to replace the missing pieces of the base game. I just don't see why sims team got backfired for giving out free stuff, that is the rude.

It is, but my sympathy meter is kinda low for them since they kinda dug themselves into a lot these holes they're in. They lost the trust of a lot of fans. Sometimes it takes more than free stuff to win it back. Like...okay terrain tools are back, thank you....but why wasn't it here from the start and where's the rest of it? Fortunately, even though what they're doing is being met with some lukewarm responses, it's still better than the responses they would have gotten if this was a feature they included in a pack or if they had just not done it at all. So they still made the choice that would have generated the most positive response.

Quote:
Also, I kinda know why they decided to forbid us from painting the side of the terrain: The texture would be stretched out and look ugly.

But see, that should have been something left up to the player to decide. There probably would be some textures that looked stretched out. There might be some that look just fine. Either way, the option to do it should have been there. And that's something these devs just don't seem to understand and haven't since Day 1. Give us the option to decide how we want our game to look or how we want it to be played. It goes back to things not fitting their supposed "vision". Like the controllable pets thing and their excuse for it that wound up being a crock of shit. Stuff like that is why I don't feel bad that they've lost so much good will with the community that even free stuff can be met with scorn.

The Receptacle still lives!
Mad Poster
#53 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 2:17 PM
They could literally add a tab to have us select the texture that replaces the terrain when it stretches to much. It’s such a basic idea. Imagine putting a lot in a world and you design around the color of the terrain, then you move it, and the new terrain no longer matches and the lot looks hideous.

Can we get some real user experience designers in here please? My goodness, this “you can have this, but not this” trend is so 2014. Very few things in the Sims should be hardcoded.

I’m sure the “Well, play TS2” crowd is coming, the same people who say we should be grateful for TS4’s existence and that the series is still moving forward.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#54 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 7:10 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 4th Oct 2018 at 7:47 PM.
Just want to point out not to be these type of person
https://twitter.com/Gaatito/status/1047189746873786368
https://twitter.com/thegiolden/stat...195694422007808
*2014*Sad no terrain tools
*2018*Spent a lot of time to create something that has been in sims 3, how innovative

If one person finds a fondness while other disfavors of the common thing their referring, those are reasonable complaints If they don't come from the same individual. Although that last one point I think implies with the agenda that there's a hankering for originality and comeback of things at the same time and to be honest, they should focus on maintaining the balance of reintroducing and introducing new features. Self-explanatory when the game it's titled by numerical order. However, I don't mind anyway If they at least slowly just focus on either of those. Returning additions are welcome even without innovation, albeit it would awesome If those were included as well.

As for the written tweets, the posters could have put at least a bit of an effort into elaborating the said points (actually, the first one at least, as the other is with the poster giving well-constructed arguments). Why does career is seen as 'stupid'?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#55 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 7:36 PM Last edited by DeservedCriticism : 4th Oct 2018 at 7:59 PM.
I'm pleased that they keep revamping sims 4 base game (for free) to compete with previous iteration, but seeing people being rude because they improved sims 4 really drove me nuts.

But they aren't innovating it.

Here's my issue with the current presentation of things:

This update was not just introduced as a humble free patch and a nice, pleasant surprise, but rather it was hyped and they were on twitter saying "BOY THIS ONE'S A DOOZY" and this even kicked off their new Maxis monthly system. It is very clear they intended to market this and generate hype and sales off it. Their very intent with the presentation carries a tone of "we're great for doing this for you" instead of "it's a goal of ours to catch Sims 4 up to speed with free updates while still trying to innovate with exciting new paid content." They try to present it in such a way that screams "this is a big deal" instead of recognizing that if anything, it's outrageous it took this long.

The objective act of releasing this type of patch is not the problem. The patch is very much desired and welcomed. The problem here is the subjective intent and tone that Maxis carries when releasing an update like this. They're attempting to pull a fast one and give off the impression they're doing something great, brave and new for the Sims franchise when in reality, they finally patched another hole in a pair of pants that looks like swiss cheese. If you have a lazy roommate who doesn't pay his half of the rent, you don't go throwing him a god damned party when he gets around to selling some old video game console he doesn't want anymore for $100, giving half of that towards rent. No, you say thanks and encourage such improvement, but you also remind him he could still get a fucking job and pay his full half of the rent regularly.

In a nutshell, the problem is that the way they present this update just gives the vibe that their game plan is to copypaste missing parts of Sims 4 over from the Sims 3 until we have Sims 3 2.0 on a shittier game engine, (which is apparently possible...somehow) but trying to market this as being something we should be super appreciative for, thus enabling them to sell us the same product again with little to no improvements. One day they're gonna introduce firefighters while awaiting their applause, then it'll be cops and burglars while they get on twitter and start verbally blowing each other again, calling themselves the greatest, most hard-working team ever, then we'll finally get University with two whole majors to choose from and one new personality trait, and omg isn't this amazing and isn't Sims 4 THE BEST, MOST INNOVATIVE THING EVER????!!! My sycophant co-workers here at the Maxis office sure say "yes!"

I'm sick of applauding them when they get a C-. There's a dozen games out there that beat the pants off this one, and quite frankly, it's sickening to hear them claim this is "the best, most hardworking and passionate team ever" when My Time At Portia released three major FREE updates within the summer alone, and that's an indie dev requesting a mere $20 for a full game. That friggin' game isn't even out of Early access and already feels like it has more content than Sims 4 ffs. The best dev ever needs to actually care about the game and develop it for the sheer fun of it, much like that game is doing. No, the best team ever isn't the one that simply has the loudest twitter account, Sims 4.

So yes, jesus christ, can this team please learn some humility and get a humble attitude, because no they don't deserve a trophy every time they give us a feature that should've been in the base game. If it were in the base game, they could've used this precious time to make new features, and I'm sick of the attitude that we "owe it to them" to be grateful when they get off their asses just to patch in something that's been missing for four years.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 7:41 PM
I'm really wary of the style influencer career to be honest. Mods did a really cool job at fashion careers and similar stuff, so the official version should be at least on par with the mods.
For example the fashion career by brittpinkiesims - Three different branches (designer, fashion journalist, model), over 30 new design concepts/drawings on the easel, chance cards, new interactions with Sims and objects (like practicing modelling in front of a mirror), special traits etc.

I have to admit I'm biased though because I just want some normal simple rabbithole careers (afaik we only have 10 from the base game) instead of active careers and "modern" careers like style influencer or social media (or pet Instagram as pet career).

edit: I just realized I'm not even sure what a style influencer is supposed to be or do. They showed drawing stuff, giving Sims makeovers, writing fashion articles - Seems like a random mess made out of previous skills. But maybe it is an actual thing people do and I'm a bit too old
Mad Poster
#57 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeservedCriticism
They're attempting to pull a fast one and give off the impression they're doing something great, brave and new for the Sims franchise when in reality, they finally patched another hole in a pair of pants that looks like swiss cheese.

Except giving it a patch it's either a mismatched color patch (half-arse) or sewing those pants they accidentally dropped and lost or broke the fly/zipper (causing a chain reaction that infests bugs or technical issues). Albeit the latter can be somewhat forgivable, we shouldn't anymore accept any more feature returns when they're half-arse AF. I'm starting to see we're giving the credit for them too soon, as we don't know the full extent and limitations will the terraforming will include. AFAIK, we don't even know If CFE cheat/mechanic will be included. This is why we should be demanding more but praise less, because we make fool of themselves when they continue on testing these water pipes to see how tolerant to have them leak in what quantities in our rooms.

Instructor
#58 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 10:45 PM Last edited by Hamishmc : 4th Oct 2018 at 10:54 PM. Reason: deleted
deleted
Mad Poster
#59 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
I'm really wary of the style influencer career to be honest. Mods did a really cool job at fashion careers and similar stuff, so the official version should be at least on par with the mods.
For example the fashion career by brittpinkiesims - Three different branches (designer, fashion journalist, model), over 30 new design concepts/drawings on the easel, chance cards, new interactions with Sims and objects (like practicing modelling in front of a mirror), special traits etc.

I have to admit I'm biased though because I just want some normal simple rabbithole careers (afaik we only have 10 from the base game) instead of active careers and "modern" careers like style influencer or social media (or pet Instagram as pet career).

edit: I just realized I'm not even sure what a style influencer is supposed to be or do. They showed drawing stuff, giving Sims makeovers, writing fashion articles - Seems like a random mess made out of previous skills. But maybe it is an actual thing people do and I'm a bit too old

Likely table scraps from another’s pack.

Regardless, an extra career is welcome, but more mundane careers are preferred.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Field Researcher
#60 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 10:59 AM
But they aren't innovating it.

In a nutshell, the problem is that the way they present this update just gives the vibe that their game plan is to copypaste missing parts of Sims 4 over from the Sims 3 until we have Sims 3 2.0 on a shittier game engine, (which is apparently possible...somehow) but trying to market this as being something we should be super appreciative for, thus enabling them to sell us the same product again with little to no improvements. One day they're gonna introduce firefighters while awaiting their applause, then it'll be cops and burglars while they get on twitter and start verbally blowing each other again, calling themselves the greatest, most hard-working team ever, then we'll finally get University with two whole majors to choose from and one new personality trait, and omg isn't this amazing and isn't Sims 4 THE BEST, MOST INNOVATIVE THING EVER????!!! My sycophant co-workers here at the Maxis office sure say "yes!"

I'm sick of applauding them when they get a C-. There's a dozen games out there that beat the pants off this one, and quite frankly, it's sickening to hear them claim this is "the best, most hardworking and passionate team ever" when My Time At Portia released three major FREE updates within the summer alone, and that's an indie dev requesting a mere $20 for a full game. That friggin' game isn't even out of Early access and already feels like it has more content than Sims 4 ffs. The best dev ever needs to actually care about the game and develop it for the sheer fun of it, much like that game is doing. No, the best team ever isn't the one that simply has the loudest twitter account, Sims 4.

So yes, jesus christ, can this team please learn some humility and get a humble attitude, because no they don't deserve a trophy every time they give us a feature that should've been in the base game. If it were in the base game, they could've used this precious time to make new features, and I'm sick of the attitude that we "owe it to them" to be grateful when they get off their asses just to patch in something that's been missing for four years.

From my point of view, I remembered that they mentioned that sims 4 was created using an 'unusual' engine, thus it is not possible to create pool, toddler, terraforming tool,... And now they actually did it. I took it as a 'progression' because they dig their knowledge further into that engine (and honorable mention to those ranters who pushed them to make these possible). However, I see those ranters started to pour fuel on the fire to sims team nowadays. I don't care if people disliked new features, but as a old school simmer, I'm very concerned that they are actually trying to threaten sims team to stop the development.

I have a sympathy for them, apparently, but You've got a point there. I'm slightly disappointed, but I don't want sims development come to an end soon just because there are more haters than fans. Someone has to balance between black and white, right?
Smeg Head
#61 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 2:37 PM
I couldn't help but giggle, right at the start, while watching that first Monthly Maxis thing yesterday. (Late to the party as usual.) What's that old saying, "life imitating art."

Way back when TS4 was new, it had a bug where the loading music continued to play after the lot loaded in live mode. The only way to get rid of it was to quit and reload the game. It was pretty bad and Maxis fixed in a patch. Though the bug has never truly been totally eradicated, still striking every once in a while, and an annoying quit and reload is still necessary when it does.

So straight off the bat with this first monthly, when the intro "load music" was still playing when it went live, so you could not hear the woman talking and the sound controller had to flip switches and quickly start again, I just thought, "oh, the irony."

Great start!

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
One Minute Ninja'd
#62 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 2:53 PM
I'm new coming into TS4 at this point, but from my perspective, these features being added in patches are not free, simply features already paid for with the base game purchase but being delivered a few years after release.Not to say they're shouldn't be welcomed, but they're not free, they were already paid for at the time you bought in.

I also notice you can get significant discounts on EPs and GPs, and even discounts on the bundles they offer. This leads me to believe they are searching for a way of driving more business and revenue into the series. Which is fine by me, but makes me wonder what have been like if they had simply delayed the original release for a year and beefed up the base game at that time. Sure, I'm aware as a company you have release dates set well in advance, but there are times when the disruption are worth the return. As a TS3 player it took me what, 3 years to come back to look at the game, and that was only because it was purchased but never played from release and that the community had a fairly mature mod selection for play customization. That and seeing several EP/GPs available on sale. They should have gotten me at day one, not year three. And I still find myself missing what were to me key features from earlier versions. That does matter in a franchise where the games are regarded as a family, and not disparate titles, so suggesting it must only be judged in isolation isn't terribly convincing.

Having said that, the game is mature enough for some enjoyment, although the loading screens will forever depress me, and the lack of easy color coordinating for building making it a trial instead of enjoyment. I miss sending out a family across a city and be able to jump from one to another all immersed in their own activities. Dad out fishing, kid playing in the park, and mom picking up guys in the local bar. Good times.
Instructor
#63 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:22 PM Last edited by DeservedCriticism : 5th Oct 2018 at 8:12 PM.
From my point of view, I remembered that they mentioned that sims 4 was created using an 'unusual' engine, thus it is not possible to create pool, toddler, terraforming tool,... And now they actually did it.

Going off that though, one could argue that the Sims 4 is one giant effort to commercialize the sunk cost fallacy. Basically, they wasted buttloads of time on a horriawful engine developing the worst Sims game in the franchise, and instead of acknowledging that, they refuse to because they've spent soooooooo much time and effort on it. Instead, they try to commercialize their own sunken cost fallacy and sell it to the players until they too are saying "but we spent soooooo much money on it" as a grounds to stick with the game. They sell that same sunken cost fallacy to us so they don't have to deal with the ramnifications, and unfortunately they've succeeded with it.

Roll back the clock three years. Three years ago, I promise you there were people complaining the game was awful and saying "this game will spend it's lifetime just trying to be as good as basegame Sims 3." Here we are four years later, and to be honest...? They haven't been proven wrong. There's still features from the base game of Sims 3, Sims 2 and even Sims 1 that aren't present in the Sims 4. It's hard to celebrate when wtf they're actually just proving us right everytime they choose to celebrate something that should've been a given.

I do not think we should be forced to sink commitment into this awful game. I've said it before, but I honestly don't play anymore. I'm just here to watch the fascinating interactions between EA and their consumers unfold.

Here's a simple question I think everyone should ask themselves: If you somehow had a way of knowing with 100% certainty that Sims 5 would never be made or that it would be worse than Sims 4, would you honestly play Sims 4 as much as you do? If Sims 4 development and new content ended tomorrow, would you keep going? So many people aren't invested in the moment, but rather the hope of a better future. It's not Sims 4 they love, it's the belief that things will get better that they truly love. It's that belief for a better future that's the reason Sims 4 has sold copies the past 4 years, and yet here we are four years later and the updates still remind us how far behind this game truly is.

At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself what value any of this has brought to the Sims franchise. The answer is practically zero, because quite frankly, while they may be more knowledgeable about this engine thanks to the experience of Sims 4, it seems obvious they should not ever re-use this particular engine for a future Sims game. I mean it's year #4 and we still don't have a functional Speed x3.
Top Secret Researcher
#64 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:38 PM
Eskie, the thing is the release of Sims 4 *was* delayed! By about six months.
One Minute Ninja'd
#65 Old 5th Oct 2018 at 4:58 PM
Or how about a high speed until a given task is completed? Not exactly a difficult thing to implement (unless it's already there and I've been too stupid to find it).

The game is playable but in a more superficial way. I know I can't sit and have a five hour marathon session like I could in TS3. Fortunately it loads fast, so grabbing a little time on it is no big deal but the immersive experience is lacking. It feels like a day in this game is like 4 days in the earlier versions.

I am sure if there is a Sims 5 it will be with a new engine. Even they couldn't seriously invest time in a new iteration with the same engine. But the fact they are updating Python to a contemporary version supports the statement that they'll stay commited to 4 for the next few years.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 1:56 AM
I just quoted a portion of what DeservedCriticism just said on the Official Forum. Let's see if it gets me banned.
Mad Poster
#67 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 8:06 AM
Looks like they've been developing terrain editing tools, and are thinking of adding certain disabilities - like needing wheelchairs or using sign language. Kinda interesting - for the first time, simmers would be able to make an accurate-ish sim version of FDR.
Mad Poster
#68 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:58 AM
Or they could just be teasing about it. Otherwise, the policy of opening up handicapped discussions on the forums are too strict and shows hypocrisy how threads are taken down without a trace.

Instructor
#69 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Or they could just be teasing about it. Otherwise, the policy of opening up handicapped discussions on the forums are too strict and shows hypocrisy how threads are taken down without a trace.

I noticed that too. Even those with disabilities made their own discussions and it got shut down fast. To me it's like they don't plan to follow through it's just a front. How is it only okay to talk about on Twitter but in the forums it's taboo and shut down shortly after? It just seems to me like this is something they aren't going to incorporate.
Instructor
#70 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 8:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
I noticed that too. Even those with disabilities made their own discussions and it got shut down fast. To me it's like they don't plan to follow through it's just a front. How is it only okay to talk about on Twitter but in the forums it's taboo and shut down shortly after? It just seems to me like this is something they aren't going to incorporate.

I'm telling you guys, this has been status quo since Sims 3. I got banned from their forums back then cause some guy requested disabled Sims, a bunch of people had disgusting responses like "I don't want to look at disabled people in my simulated world to escape reality" or "oh boy I'll have so much fun taking three hours to sit on a toilet," obviously discussion got heated, but then they had the strange decision of banning all of us defending the disabled guy, including the disabled guy himself who never said a single hostile word to anyone. It was so obvious which side started with the disrespect, and yet the side defending the disabled guy all got slapped with bans. At the time it felt really lazy and I thought they probably did it cause it was easier (was only like 5 of us vs. 30+ saying no to the idea in a disgusting way), but as time has gone on, their weird attitude towards disabilities continues to be a thing.

I can't say I often feel discriminated against for having a disability, but I am very perplexed by how EA/Maxis handles the subject and it does at times legitimately have me questioning if they sincerely have something against the disabled or something. It's just so weird. I cannot think of any rational, logical reasoning that justifies the way they've handled that topic for the last 10 years. It's just been absolutely abysmal, and it's not normal for a mistake like that to drag on for 10 years.

My best guess is that EA/Maxis is truly sooooo cold and calculating that indeed, if their fanbase doesn't like X or Y minority group, they will shun X or Y minority group for the sake of their profit. Homosexuality and transgender people are simply fortunate enough that the majority of Sims fans support them, but the disabled may not be so fortunate. I mean I can certainly attest that there's no shortage of really disgusting and bigoted views towards the disabled within the Sims fanbase, sadly. Not sure why that is either, but it is what it is.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:10 PM
I do not think we should be forced to sink commitment into this awful game. ... It's not Sims 4 they love, it's the belief that things will get better that they truly love. It's that belief for a better future that's the reason Sims 4 has sold copies the past 4 years, and yet here we are four years later and the updates still remind us how far behind this game truly is.

This is your opinion and not fact as you cannot speak for all the players. 4 has issues. We all know that. But millions of people throughout the world buy it because they like it well enough to make the purchases. You and others can post rant after rant after rant on this site, but they do not reflect how the majority of players feel or this game would have gone bust years ago.
Instructor
#72 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
This is your opinion and not fact as you cannot speak for all the players. 4 has issues. We all know that. But millions of people throughout the world buy it because they like it well enough to make the purchases. You and others can post rant after rant after rant on this site, but they do not reflect how the majority of players feel or this game would have gone bust years ago.

You've made no argument, and I find that telling. Your entire post amounts to "just ur opinion man" while also trying to encourage me to shutup and stop talking. How about we both KEEP talking instead, and surely our discussion will naturally highlight which one of us has good points and which one of us has flawed reasoning?

I pointed out that Sims 4 is on it's 4th year and it's STILL playing catch-up on features that the base game of Sims 3 had, all whilst presenting those features as "new and exciting" instead of expressing shame it took that long. Instead of pointing out how my argument is flawed, incorrect or wrong, (which it isn't) you merely say "that's just like your opinion man." Listen, that may be so and there may be people enjoying the experience despite the criticisms I've raised, but the fact that you cannot refute my criticisms about Sims 4 re-hashing features implies those very criticisms hold merit.

That's the whole point here: any time an argument is raised about why X or Y portion of Sims 4 is bad, that argument is never refuted, but rather a meaningless statement such as "some people like it" is raised. This accomplishes null. People can like something that has ALL the flaws I just said it did...but that doesn't disprove that those flaws are there, nor does it imply it would be a problem if the game tried to improve upon those flaws.

Let me switch this: do you disagree with me that it would be nice if they focused more on developing newer features the Sims franchise has never had while refraining from hyping and resorting to blatant marketing tactics whenever they finally get around to re-introducing a once lost feature?

Moreover...

Quote:
and not fact

How is it not? Part of my argument was that Sims 4 is still introducing features that were in the base game of Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3, and it presents them with a tone of "this one's a doozy!! Get hyped guys!!" We can all install the base games of Sims 1, Sims 2 and Sims 3 right now to find that it is indeed factually true that they all had terrain editing on release. We can go through the twitter accounts and forum posts of the CM and Grant to find that indeed, they did imply this update was really exciting and something to look forward to. EVERYTHING I've said there was fact.

My "opinion" starts when I choose to be outraged and displeased by the fact that Sims 4 is presenting old base-game content as an exciting new feature worth hyping. But that Sims 4 is making a business off of re-introducing features that once used to be included in the base game? Yes, actually. That is an established fact.
Mad Poster
#73 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:35 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 6th Oct 2018 at 10:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee

How are you sure those millions of people don't consist of people who regret purchasing as didn't know what to expect? Where did you statics to make such a bold statement as a fact, which is pretty ironic that you're the one telling someone to conclude facts than opinions

As for 'speak for yourself' attitude, I think he's referring to people who are desperately spending money and clinging onto hopes that things will get better or some kind of worthwhile content will be bestowed upon in their hands. His advice has a solid reason behind it. Not necessary valid, but thoughtful. Your choice to choose to comply or decline, but I thought some clarifying misunderstanding is needed here.

One Minute Ninja'd
#74 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 9:53 PM Last edited by eskie227 : 6th Oct 2018 at 10:37 PM.
But at least they're not charging extra for including those features that should have been in the base game like pools, toddlers, and now terrain tools. The limitations on initial release stemmed from what the game engine was designed for, online play. And for online play stuff like online play closed world lot play makes sense, as does the flat lot solution to routing problems as sims move across wifi. It was with the hue and outcry over online focus that they backed off, reverted to single player, and had to adapt that to all the plumbing code already written and paid for. If you think about online play, baby objects and even the lack of toddlers makes some weird twisted sort of sense. That they have worked to fill in those gaps from prior versions, they have made up some ground. But taking four years to do so didn't win them many friends who played the game for the prior decade of the franchise.

But still, pools were "so hard because it was tough to route a sim below the lot level? Really? Now, if only the baby objects could be addressed. Granted the burrito babies of TS3 sucked, but at least you could take them out and leave them in the garden like a cabbage patch baby. They did great on the toddlers though. I like them way better than TS3 toddlers. Then again TS2 toddlers were pretty stellar.

Should all of this have been available at base game release? Yes. Have they charged for adding it in later, even if it is years later? At least the answer is no. If that were a yes pitchforks and torches would be insufficient. Besides, it was the pitchforks and torches that got stuff thrown back in in the first place.

Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
How are you sure those millions of people don't consist of people who regret purchasing as didn't know what to expect? Where did you statics to make such a bold statement as a fact, which is pretty ironic that you're the one telling someone to conclude facts than opinions

As for 'speak for yourself' attitude, I think he's referring to people who are desperately spending money and clinging onto hopes that things will get better or some kind of worthwhile content will be bestowed upon in their hands. His advice has a solid reason behind it. Not necessary valid, but thoughtful. Your choice to choose to comply or decline, but I thought some clarifying misunderstanding is needed here.

For facts, TS1 sold 1 million copies in the first 10 days of release, a record at the time, and went on to sell 7 million. TS2 sold 6 million on PC, 13 million across all platforms, TS3, 1.4 million copies in the first 7 days, 10 million total worldwide. As of March 2017, 3 (?) years after release, TS4 sold 5 million copies to date according to Simguru Lindsay.

So factually, TS4 has been the least popular and least performing version of the Sims the franchise has released.

Edit to avoid a double post
Page 3 of 4