Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Care for Self Fix

by simler90 Posted 23rd Jan 2019 at 9:09 AM - Updated 3rd Jul 2019 at 8:54 PM by simler90

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 1:47 PM
Thank goodness you made this, it's been a pet peeve of mine for so long. Thank you thank you thank you <3
Smeg Head
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 2:53 PM
Nice one. I'd just sent half the family on vacation the other day and spotted this very thing happening to the poor folks left at home. Put the glitch on my list of things to look at, but here you have got it sorted. Thank you for this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 7:43 PM
Awesome! So sick of coming home from work and finding my toddler utterly miserable.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 8:23 PM
Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2019 at 9:48 PM
Finally someone made a mod for this, it always bugged me. Thank you!
Deceased
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:21 AM
Nice fix, looks like this has been messed up since the Nov 13 patch when they added the No Exit version of the restore hunger. Prior to that they had a time based exit condition of 40-60 Sim minutes.

Thanks for the bug fix!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 2:00 AM
Thank you for creating a mod that I didn't know I need yet. I mostly like to build but I can picture this happening to me if my sim goes to a community lot.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 4:51 AM
Thank you, this was driving me crazy.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 7:53 PM
I'm not sure whether your mod fixes this problem completely. The same fix is included in my away actions mod since long and I still find the away actions getting struck sometimes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 1:19 AM
thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 4:53 AM
Finally! Thanks so much for this fix. I hardly traveled unless I was playing a single sim household because of how badly the other sims "cared for self".
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 3:06 PM
thank you!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 1:13 AM
Thanks, is there a fix for toddlers who get stuck on At Daycare when they are home?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 12:37 AM
When I have this mod installed, my two married Sims can't go out on a date together. Every time I do the "Ask on a date" interaction, my game gets stuck in loading mode. All I can do is use Task Manager to kill the process, because nothing else will.

Removing your mod fixed the problem. Conflict Detector didn't indicate any conflicts between it and another mod, and I don't believe I have any other mods that affect Sims as they either go away from a lot or are left behind.

I should probably note that at the moment there are no other Sims for them to leave behind. If your mod is actually relying upon that particular scenario to always be true, that might be the problem.
Scholar
#16 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 5:45 PM
Thanks a lot for this fix, it was so necessary!
but it seems like it get stuck on the Bladder bar now, which drops to full red, depends on how long I've been away..
all of the other needs do get fulfilled, tho
any idea why would it happen?
Test Subject
#17 Old 4th Feb 2019 at 6:51 PM
Is it working for vampires as well? My vampire sims were stuck on red thirst when I activated them.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Feb 2019 at 10:23 AM
Oh yeah thanks! I've been doing it manually, it's such a bother! I didn't realise it only got stuck for the hunger motive though...
Is it compatible with mods improving away actions ? I have "better away actions" mod so I'd rather not ruin my game..
Test Subject
#19 Old 18th Feb 2019 at 7:42 PM
Sadly, I cannot open the file and I have 7-zip installed, and never have had a problem with rar files unless the file is corrupt.

Please rezip and reupload. Thanks
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 12:07 AM
Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 2:06 AM
2+ years later and EA still hasn't fixed this themselves, it takes a modder to do their work for them (for free!) Thanks so much for making this mod.
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 9:14 PM
I have WinZIP 17.5 and it doesn't recognize the .rar file as it says it is not a valid archive... ??
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Apr 2019 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by otis90
I have WinZIP 17.5 and it doesn't recognize the .rar file as it says it is not a valid archive... ??

Get 7zip. It can usually handle the files other programs can't.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 17th Apr 2019 at 2:35 AM
Does this still work after today's update?
Test Subject
#25 Old 29th Apr 2019 at 4:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by teresa7676
Does this still work after today's update?

Or is it still needed after today's update?
Page 1 of 2