Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XML Injector version 2

by scumbumbo Posted 24th Jan 2019 at 9:22 AM - Updated 26th Mar 2019 at 11:43 PM by scumbumbo : Version 2 Released (New Features)

190 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 8
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 9:36 AM
Great looking tool... many thanks! :D
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 9:46 AM
This is going to be very useful. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 10:45 AM
Looks awesome, great work on this, Scumbumbo! I look forward to using it. Should simplify things a lot both for modders and the people using them. :) I know I have a number of mods whose only script usage is injections. I expect once people get accustomed to having your library installed, it'll be easier for them to organize their mods folder for a number of mods, since they won't have to worry so precisely about folder depth as often.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 12:56 PM
What a fabulous job, you are awesome, thanks for all this sharing
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 3:10 PM
I don't know much about scripting but this looks like it would make the job easier. I'll take a look at it and see what I can do with it. Thanks so much for all you provide for the community! Your work is truly game-changing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 3:56 PM
Thank you so much! This will make it so much easier.
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 4:05 PM
Oh. My. Goodness. You have been busy! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 4:55 PM
Excellent. Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Jan 2019 at 5:33 PM
I 've stopped making mods, but gods this tool looks like a godsend for modders. You always come out with the really good stuff.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 12:41 AM
Does this mean the mods that use snippets already will work now? Leniad, over at Sims 4 Studio, has been using snippet mods for a long time now. They used to work and now most of them don't. I sure hope this helps with that!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 4:41 AM
Thanks again! I got to test it early works great, will be utilized in the upcoming automatic sunburns mod v10
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 11:40 AM
Oh, wow, this is amazing! What a great tool for modders this will be!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 6:47 AM
Great to see someone still doing heavy lifting on TS4.
Remembered the flowchart based modding tool someone made for TS1 recently, made the scope of TS4 modding painfully clear.
Deceased
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simorph
Does this mean the mods that use snippets already will work now? Leniad, over at Sims 4 Studio, has been using snippet mods for a long time now. They used to work and now most of them don't. I sure hope this helps with that!

Sorry for the delay replying, I'm in the middle of recovering everything after my old computer died. My old hard drive showed up as "Unallocated space" when plugged into the new system, so the hard drive has spent a few days being rebuilt at a friend's who had a spare tower to accommodate the task.

Anyway, not all snippets are the same, and the snippets you are asking about are for designing custom foods. The script for those snippets appears to be updated, so if you don't have the latest version of that you should do so. These snippets do a completely different task.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 4:28 PM Last edited by g1g2 : 27th Jan 2019 at 7:59 PM.
THANK YOU, i always tried to make scripts but never figured it out. this made it really easy and i got my interactions to work pretty easily.
used it for my recent mod thank you again.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
Sorry for the delay replying, I'm in the middle of recovering everything after my old computer died. My old hard drive showed up as "Unallocated space" when plugged into the new system, so the hard drive has spent a few days being rebuilt at a friend's who had a spare tower to accommodate the task.

Anyway, not all snippets are the same, and the snippets you are asking about are for designing custom foods. The script for those snippets appears to be updated, so if you don't have the latest version of that you should do so. These snippets do a completely different task.

Sorry about your pc problems. Been there too. Gotta have my pc, gotta!! Anyway, thanks for the response to clear up my question. I'm not a modder, so I see a word and just assume it means what I think it means. Good luck with your pc!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 3:20 PM Last edited by BrazenLotus : 30th Jan 2019 at 5:03 PM.
You are amazing, thank you so much for this! I've been scouring the forums trying to understand exactly how to do this and the documentation you provided is perfect!

As for suggestions, I'd like to be able to append new items to a "loot_actions" and a "random_loot_actions" list if it's not too difficult to add.

Thanks again for all your hard work! 🤗💖
Deceased
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 7:27 PM
@BrazenLotus - I saw your post on the thread in the modding discussion forum - and that is perhaps the best location to discuss technical details pertaining to additional functionality.

I'd suggest anyone interested in those kinds of details subscribe to that thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=622929
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 3rd Feb 2019 at 12:55 AM
I need to test it, thank you for all your useful tools! I use them a lot.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Feb 2019 at 4:40 AM
This sounds like a great tool for all the Sims 4 modders. As a non-practicing web designer, I would compare it to using "Java snippets" that can be plugged into HTML to create interactive elements on websites. I have only modified an existing mod which was made quite easy as the original modder provided step-by-step instructions. The mod allowed "Extra Trait Slots" for all ages of our Sims. My modified mod worked well until about 6 months ago. I would really like to modify the "Locking Function" on the Celebrity Gates. It's so stupid that friends of celebrities cannot enter the home when the gate is locked to keep the paparazzi out. Do you think this mod snippet would work to create a mod that would allow, "Friends of Celeb's Name" into the home for parties and to hang out?

I can ask this question on the link you've provided above if this is the wrong place to ask. I love all of your work and have used many of your mods to make the Sims 4 game actually playable. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 9:08 AM
OMGoodness! This is way too cooolll. Thanks a ton!
Deceased
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 9:20 AM
I've started on the documentation for Version 2 which will add several new and useful features. The release candidate 1 for this has been available on my Discord for a week and no bugs have been reported, so I expect to have version 2 available here soon.

Thanks to all the modders who have been providing such great ideas and testing for this library.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Mar 2019 at 4:31 PM
Awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Apr 2019 at 12:09 AM
Thanks!
Page 1 of 8