Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Lifetime Goals

by QuackGames Posted 29th Jan 2019 at 10:47 PM - Updated 3rd Apr 2019 at 11:16 PM by QuackGames

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Space Pony
#2 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 12:32 AM
Very cool mod! One thing I'd be careful about is the "OnTick" method that is triggered by your repeating alarm. Right now it only checks the currently selected sim to see if he or she has fulfilled their LTW. This means that if a sim's LTW is fulfilled while they in the active household but not currently selected, or if the player selects another sim in the household before the alarm fires, then the select dialog will not show. What I'd do instead is a foreach that checks every sim in the active household, rather than just the currently selected sim.

Congrats on your first upload!

"The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had." - Eric Schmidt

If you enjoy the mods I put out, consider supporting me on patreon: www.patreon.com/Gamefreak130
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamefreak130
Very cool mod! One thing I'd be careful about is the "OnTick" method that is triggered by your repeating alarm. Right now it only checks the currently selected sim to see if he or she has fulfilled their LTW. This means that if a sim's LTW is fulfilled while they in the active household but not currently selected, or if the player selects another sim in the household before the alarm fires, then the select dialog will not show. What I'd do instead is a foreach that checks every sim in the active household, rather than just the currently selected sim.

Congrats on your first upload!

Thanks for the feedback. I actually had a foreach statement that checked every Sim in the household first, but I intentionally took it off because it was causing some problems. If two or more Sims had completed their respective Lifetime Wishes, two or more dialogs would appear at the same time. This would cause some weird behaviour and would make it a little crowded to select multiple wishes at once for multiple Sims, especially if you have a big fulfilled family. That's why I went with the one by one approach.

The alarm ticks every 15 seconds (15 game minutes), so if you have the fulfilled Sim selected for more than 15 seconds, the dialog will show. It feels more natural to me this way, and it is very unlikely that you miss the call multiple times in a row if you're just naturally playing the game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
This is a very useful mod. Thanks! I've included the Polish translation.

Thank you! Will update it right away!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#5 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 2:41 AM
This is awesome.. I have very ambitious sims..
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 8:45 AM
Thanks for the mod. I made russian translation, check attachment.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  NewLifetimeGoalsStrings_RU.zip (646 Bytes, 34 downloads)
Description: Already built in, don't download.
Test Subject
#7 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 9:27 AM
Thank you so much! Ever since I completed my first sim's LTW I have felt a bit disappointed that you couldn't do something new.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 9:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Knight
Thanks for the mod. I made russian translation, check attachment.

Thanks! I've updated the mod with your translation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 3:49 PM
Wow, thank you for making this! I've been wanting it since the game came out! :o
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:06 PM
Thank you so much!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:18 PM
Thank you so much! This has been my 'one thing I wish they'd done differently' since Sims 3 first came out.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 5:51 PM
Thank you! This is a much needed mod
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 6:08 PM
This looks marvelous, but it refuses to download.

ETA: And now it does download. That was weird.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
This looks marvelous, but it refuses to download.

What exactly is the problem you're having downloading the mod? Try forcing a complete update on the site to see if it helps (Ctrl + Shift + R).
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 6:18 PM
I came back after a couple of minutes and it downloaded just as normal. That was odd. When I tried to download at first it threw up a new, blank webpage which did nothing at all.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 6:20 PM
The download link isn't working...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
The download link isn't working...

It's working for me. Try updating the page (F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R).
Scholar
#18 Old 30th Jan 2019 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by QuackGames
It's working for me. Try updating the page (F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R).

Thanks, it's working now
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 2:49 PM
What a great idea! I'm excited to try this out.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 3:18 PM
I was literally lamenting this exact thing the other day, this is a Godsend, thank you so much!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 5:09 PM
I usually reach goals early with my sims, thanks for adding this option!
Test Subject
#22 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 5:59 PM
This is an absolutely lovely idea for a mod, the kind of mod that I've wanted since I first started playing this game, thank you for making it.

I've had to not use it for now, because.. for some.. incomprehensible reason it makes the game freeze when I select a cat sim. Dogs are fine, human sims are fine... but.. If I select a cat, the game freezes. I tried on two different saves, and as soon as I removed the mod the problem disappeared.

I have no idea why. I hope it's something that's fixable, or you could tell me if you have an idea as to why this could happen. Either way it's a great idea for a mod: Thank you very much
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 31st Jan 2019 at 10:28 PM Last edited by QuackGames : 1st Feb 2019 at 9:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Laconia
This is an absolutely lovely idea for a mod, the kind of mod that I've wanted since I first started playing this game, thank you for making it.

I've had to not use it for now, because.. for some.. incomprehensible reason it makes the game freeze when I select a cat sim. Dogs are fine, human sims are fine... but.. If I select a cat, the game freezes. I tried on two different saves, and as soon as I removed the mod the problem disappeared.

I have no idea why. I hope it's something that's fixable, or you could tell me if you have an idea as to why this could happen. Either way it's a great idea for a mod: Thank you very much

Whaaaaaat...

I'm gonna check in on this, hang on.

EDIT: Fixed.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 12:58 PM
Default Dutch/Nederlands
I made a Dutch translation, I hope you can work with it.
(Just tell me if I did something wrong with uploading the file or something, and I'll change it.)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  NewLifetimeGoalsStrings_NL.rar (512 Bytes, 10 downloads)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Feb 2019 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lessien Vardamir
I made a Dutch translation, I hope you can work with it.
(Just tell me if I did something wrong with uploading the file or something, and I'll change it.)

Very good! I'll update the mod with this. Thanks!
Page 1 of 4