Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#101 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 12:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
But then they get bored and that's when they go on the CC hunt and then some of them become addicts.

Or they suddenly find themselves noticing things like - this outfit is perfect for that sim. And there's the perfect hairstyle to go with it. And gawd, but that NPC uniform is hideous. And I really really hate that one University hair. And that Maxis career outfit is really awful too.

And before you realize it, you've made over the whole population and dumped gigabytes of clothes and hair into your Downloads folder...
Advertisement
Alchemist
#102 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 3:02 AM
I have most of the EA clothes, hair, skins etc defaulted, but not much extra CC for sims beyond that - so I get about the same amount of options as vanilla, but they are better options! Means my townies are okay to look at without further interference from me.

I have almost no hood deco, have been avoiding that slippery slope so far. (Since my game is fairly rural, I don’t need CC to make the urban effect iCad showed - so far.)

I am not expecting to notice much change from the 4gb patch, since my game has been stable without it. If I ever get pink flashing, I can move on to the next stage then.
Alchemist
#103 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 3:52 AM
So, I think I've tried all the common lighting mods now, just today was Spookymuffin. I thought it might work because it's mostly Maxis, but no. I officially don't like any of them now. I do like Hook's cheats for sun direction, though. That's a keeper.
Mad Poster
#104 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 4:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
^ I had a round of CC cleanup a while ago, and went down from roughly 35 GB to around 24 GB on my stationary. Too bad I never got to try it out, because the computer started throwing issues a short time after. Still, I think it's a good job considering that folder has accumulated for at least 10 years. Perhaps clean out even more of the old junk, so I can add some of the newer stuff I've downloaded/made lately.

Cleaning out your Downloads doesn't work if you just add more stuff. :P
Mad Poster
#105 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
So, I think I've tried all the common lighting mods now, just today was Spookymuffin. I thought it might work because it's mostly Maxis, but no. I officially don't like any of them now. I do like Hook's cheats for sun direction, though. That's a keeper.

I know you might not like the Radiance mod (granted, it is tough to muck around in to make it work) but here's one by Almighty Hat you might be interested in if you like to play around with the interior lighting. It's designed for 'pre-electric' days. Like the medieval ones. (I use it. It's nice.)

A World Lit By Fire (Color tweaks to the Radiance Lighting Mod for Pre-Electric Games)

But if you don't want to do it, that's fine, too. Just thought you might like to look at it..

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Alchemist
#106 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I know you might not like the Radiance mod (granted, it is tough to muck around in to make it work) but here's one by Almighty Hat you might be interested in if you like to play around with the interior lighting. It's designed for 'pre-electric' days. Like the medieval ones. (I use it. It's nice.)

A World Lit By Fire (Color tweaks to the Radiance Lighting Mod for Pre-Electric Games)

But if you don't want to do it, that's fine, too. Just thought you might like to look at it..

I have tried Radiance as well. This is a good suggestion. I had seen that one, but forgotten I hadn't tried it. Thanks.
Mad Poster
#107 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 12:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Cleaning out your Downloads doesn't work if you just add more stuff. :P

Well, it does work if I can clean out more of the old junk and then add new stuff.

I removed quite a lot of stuff I've never used, or thought was too bad quality for my taste, downloaded at a time when the choice was more limited. Plus, now I know how to fix some of the broken stuff if need be.
Page 5 of 5