Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 2:26 PM
Default Can I change the time to complete homework by school?
Hi, I'm very new to modding so I don't really know what I'm doing or if what I want is even possible.
I have recently added some of my own schools to the NRaas school career mod, one of these is supposed to be an intensive school that runs for 4 days a week but with pretty long days, I would like to make it so that sims attending this school can complete their homework faster.
However I have absolutely no idea where to even start with implementing this. I have found the file relating to homework in the gameplay files and looking through the file there are examples of the rate that homework is completed being changed, so I was hoping that it's possible and that someone here would be able to help me.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Mar 2019 at 5:40 PM
If you want to do this via tuning modding, it is going to affect all the schools, not just the one. I think this might be a better way to go: https://www.nraas.net/community/Retuner

I have never used returned so I cannot say how or if a tunning can be done to only a specific school, but if it can be done, Nraas will be the way. So you can ask the folks over at their forum unless you want to do a traditional tunning mod that you just remove from your game when you're not playing that intensive school.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 4:47 PM
Thanks, I just tried retuner, I think it adds a bit too much in terms of loading time to my game given that I just want it for this, I think I will just significantly lower the levels of homework needed for the school. I'll just then have to resist the urge to make my sims fully complete the homework.
Test Subject
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 6:43 AM

Have you tried this one: clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second 1000 ? I'm not sure though, cause I found it in a reddit discussion. I thought I could try and make them do homework at the school playground. Is it possible?
By the way, is there any way to make sims do their homework on the computer (not on the multipad or the notebook)?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lumuss
Have you tried this one: clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second 1000 ? I'm not sure though, cause I found it in a reddit discussion. I thought I could try and make them do homework at the school playground. Is it possible?
By the way, is there any way to make sims do their homework on the computer (not on the multipad or the notebook)?

The closest thing I could find was this: http://www.simlogical.com/ContentUp...e/uploads/1680/

It’s not quite what you’re looking for, but you could skip your sims working through the homework book and go straight to the extra homework on the computer to make up for it. It’s compatible with NRAAS Careers and the homeschooling module as well.