Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 2:56 AM
Default World lights?
Hello, this might be a bit of an odd request, but Is there a world light source that can be placed outside of lots?

I am very fond of making volcanoes, but in order to get the lava texture to glow I have to place a lot on the top of the volcano or going down the side if there is a lava flow. This however, comes with the issues of the lights don't turn on if no sim is on the lot, and the light does not extend beyond the lots edge, so there is a sharp and unsightly cut off to the glow. So I'm wondering if somewhere out there there is a light source that can be placed outside of a lot that a decent area of light (especially something like the invisible lights in buydebug, which is what I'm currently using).

If anyone knows how to solve my glowing lava problem I'd be greatly appreciative! Thank you for your time.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Apr 2019 at 1:48 PM
Any in-game light is available in the world if you use SuperCAW.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468279
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Apr 2019 at 12:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Any in-game light is available in the world if you use SuperCAW.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=468279

I had noticed them listed in super CAW but when I adjusted the view time to night they had no effect, do they work in game? Thank you for the reply either way!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Apr 2019 at 1:05 AM
After doing a quick test in game, at least the EA invisble light sources do not work in game if placed with super CAW. I'm not sure if there is something additional I need to do to get them to work.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 21st Apr 2019 at 12:54 PM
Ah, it may be to do with them not switching on if there is no 'room' to enclose them. Is it possible to set them to 'always on' in CAW I wonder?