Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 10:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Sunbee: if you find that Sophie David mod that "tells the game how alien an alien is" could you please post it?

I think Sunbee was referring to Sophie-David's "mirrors of discernment".
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...8&gs=0&u=244019
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 24th Apr 2019 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
I think it's the eyes that make aliens have the alien TO.

Wish we had a definitive answer to that.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:04 AM
I remember being extremely disappointed in aliens when I first played. I expected them to at least learn quicker than other Sims or that other Sims were a little fearful of them but no, exactly the same as any other Sim apart from appearance. It would also have been better if there were different technicians as parents, not the same one.
I rarely play them.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 6:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Wish we had a definitive answer to that.

So, I tested this Alien TO.
The Alien skin triggers it. The alien eyes alone, no.
Even with eyes and skin unlocked, if you give your sim the alien eyes, they will only be black when paired with the alien skin. As soon as you choose any other skin for that sim, the eyes;even if remaining selected, will change to a weird color...so I guess, alien skin is the key here.
My test consisted in creating 3 sims name Both, Justskin and Justeyes.
Both, had the skin and the eyes. He had custom hair checked in his Traits in SimPE.
Justskin, had just the skin, and also had the custom hair checked in her Traits in SimPE.
Justeyes, had...just the eyes, and did not have the custom hair checked in her Traits in SimPE.
Voila.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#30 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 6:48 AM
RoxEllen is correct, Grammapat.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#31 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 10:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Even with eyes and skin unlocked, if you give your sim the alien eyes, they will only be black when paired with the alien skin. As soon as you choose any other skin for that sim, the eyes;even if remaining selected, will change to a weird color...so I guess, alien skin is the key here.

That's weird. I can use the alien eyes fine with a different skin.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 12:48 PM
Which alien eyes are you using, Charity?

Mad Poster
#33 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 2:02 PM
The Maxis ones.
Mad Poster
#34 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 2:16 PM
Of course you are, but did you download any specific ones, or did you unlocked them yourself? or use debug mode and Shift N... I am wondering why you have it all and I have Nothin! lol

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#35 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That's weird. I can use the alien eyes fine with a different skin.

So can I; I'm using Theo's mod to allow this.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 3:31 PM
Great. Ok, thank you. You think you could link to Theo's mod please?

Mad Poster
#37 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:30 PM
Of course you are, but did you download any specific ones, or did you unlocked them yourself? or use debug mode and Shift N... I am wondering why you have it all and I have Nothin! lol

I checked and I need to enable Shift N to see the alien eyes in CAS, but after that I don't need to do anything to make them work with any skin. In Bodyshop they're already unlocked and can also be paired with any skin.

I don't have any mods that enable this that I know of, but I'd be interested to see if I had Theo's mod and didn't remember it (I have over 300 mods XD).
Mad Poster
#38 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 4:44 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 25th Apr 2019 at 6:01 PM.
I'll check what I do have as well. But if alien eyes are only black when paired with alien skin, in my game anyway, then it renders my test useless.
So I do have Theo's CAS_AlienEyes.package and HiddenSkins.package in my Downloads folder. Strange.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#39 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 6:56 PM
Great. Ok, thank you. You think you could link to Theo's mod please?

This was his site, and what he says about the mod:
https://web.archive.org/web/2010012...tuff/index.html
I uploaded it here:
https://simfileshare.net/download/216872/

It works for me that I can have alien eyes without alien skin. For teens there is an EA bug that means the alien eyes don't show correctly so you need a mod to fix that too; creaturefixes is one I can think of that does this.
Mad Poster
#40 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 9:17 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 25th Apr 2019 at 9:30 PM.
Thank you! And i was looking through any mod that deals with genetic, in my DL folder trying to find what was responsible..Turns out, the game is. ahah!
What do you think he means by * if you want to have townies with alien skin, you should copy the new CAS_AlienSkin.package file. *
And, I still have that same problem. Oh well!

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#41 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 9:39 PM
He means that the CAS_AlienSkin.package file allows your townies to have alien skin.
Inventor
#42 Old 25th Apr 2019 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
This was his site, and what he says about the mod:
https://web.archive.org/web/2010012...tuff/index.html
I uploaded it here:
https://simfileshare.net/download/216872/

It works for me that I can have alien eyes without alien skin. For teens there is an EA bug that means the alien eyes don't show correctly so you need a mod to fix that too; creaturefixes is one I can think of that does this.

I'll offer my thanks as well! I had the older version with the Hidden Skins package. While I didn't mind having alien-skinned townies being spawned, I didn't like my zombie skin showing up randomly. Now I can have the aliens without the not-zombies. Oddly, though, I have creaturefixes but a sim with alien eyes lost them when he turned teen and regained them when he transitioned to young adult.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#43 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
I remember being extremely disappointed in aliens when I first played. I expected them to at least learn quicker than other Sims or that other Sims were a little fearful of them but no, exactly the same as any other Sim apart from appearance. It would also have been better if there were different technicians as parents, not the same one.
I rarely play them.

@yavannatw -- i'm curious... what other kind of things did you hope to see, when you first played aliens? What would've made it so you were not as disappointed? After playing all these years, what changes would make you want to play them?

Maybe they should've had a different way of sleeping? A standing sleep chamber, perhaps? Maybe they should've had a different way of eating? Perhaps unique wants and fears? Anything goes, really...

-gE
>=)
Mad Poster
#44 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 4:43 AM
Well, it turns out that I don't have Theo's mod, so I have no idea what's unlocking my alien eyes for all skintones.
Mad Poster
#45 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 5:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Well, it turns out that I don't have Theo's mod, so I have no idea what's unlocking my alien eyes for all skintones.

I know !! lol You are probably playing with debug mode and you already said that you use shift + N to unhide everything..well, here you go. no?

Mad Poster
#46 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 5:19 AM
I know !! lol You are probably playing with debug mode and you already said that you use shift + N to unhide everything..well, here you go. no?

I thought that you couldn't make the eyes work with all skintones even in debug mode? Mine only works in debug mode. Otherwise the alien eyes don't show up at all.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 5:27 AM
I am not even sure i understand what you are saying, because it is late...lol See, I thought maybe the eye changing with the skintone was just in Bodyshop..but I have this in game too. Now I know why, it is intended that way, and Theo's mod supposedly fixes that by removing the restriction..though it has fixed nothing in my game, and eyes will still change depending on which skintone I pick.

Mad Poster
#48 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 6:10 AM
I must have something fixing it then, because Bodyshop can't be run in debug mode. I thought that you were implying that it was working for me because I was in debug mode in CAS, so I asked if it worked for you in debug mode in CAS, as I thought that you'd said that even debug mode didn't work for you.
Mad Poster
#49 Old 26th Apr 2019 at 7:17 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 27th Apr 2019 at 8:49 PM.
Ok, thanks. I get it now. I will do more testing this morning...I mean, tomorrow.
No luck. In debug mode, the alien skin is not even showing up, though the mannequin and zombie is. Same deal happens with my premade alien skin-ed sim. if I change his skintone,his alien eyes stop being black and instead revert to the said skintone eyes.
Sorry about that, I am done cluttering this thread.

Test Subject
#50 Old 8th May 2019 at 12:51 AM
Hi, I would love that aliens had some special abilities like the ones they have in newer games. Maybe learn a little faster than normal sims, but with some extra weakness too, like needing more rest or something. Plus some special interactions or unique animations.

For now I use a custom MultiPT pack and the attraction mod. I just installed the mods you are talking about (Alien token+Influence, assespast, assesmood) and I hope some modders make new things some day.
Page 2 of 4