Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th May 2019 at 4:14 PM
Default when will be the game be complete?
does anyone know how many expansions will be released? I'm waiting for the game to be complete before going crazy with cc and mods, just a few here and there for now. I figure they still got a university one coming or sure.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th May 2019 at 4:31 PM
It's been confirmed that will continue to produce content until 2021, there's possibly a EP and GP on the way this year which will end with 3 packs (including Strangerville), and maybe another 3 packs in 2020. who knows, but you got a while to wait still.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th May 2019 at 7:45 AM
oh honey...that might never happen
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th May 2019 at 9:16 PM
Hopefully today.
Scholar
#5 Old 23rd May 2019 at 1:22 PM
I got a chance to play around with it again last weekend. I like how the sims can look in TS4, but thats to me the only redeeming quality of TS4 imo.

It still pisses me off how :

- badly designed the emotions system is. Why can't you get the benefit of being both confident and energized? Or focussed and energized? Flirty and Confident? Focussed and creative? etc All those combinations that bring great synergy irl, exclude each other in this game. One messes with your bonus for the other. Like when your sim is at work, needing confident , in comes random creative mood from trait and puts in top. Instead, they should boost each other.
Also, fast internet lot trait still shows as a bloody energized buff since release of the game. Wtf? And the incredibly annoying bug where your action queue drops anytime your sim changes emotion is still there. It is even worse when trying to talk to another sim, because when either of them changes emotion, your conversion choice will be dropped from queue.

- how annoying the non matching colours are in buy/build stuff and you can't do anything about it. Still no update to do something about this. I am pretty sure that many simmers would see an update to this as the best free update ever. Now there is no other option then downloading recolours in the hope that those colours actually will match.

- how fake the world around your lot is. You will never see your neighbours in the street enter or leave their house. Instead you see them entering the street on one side and leave the street on the other side, just like any other random townie. All those lots you see in the background of the town that you can't go to. The fact that visiting the house next door, which you can look inside through the windows, is just a lifeless shell of the actual house, because when you decide to visit, loading screen....

- how annoying the fame mechanic can be. *sim finishes master painting* Congratulations you are now famous! *few days later* aww you are sad now because you stopped being famous *sim finishes another painting* Congrats! you are famous! *few days later* awww..

- how inconsistent the different skills are. To earn money as a musician, you first have to almost finish a full skill line for an instrument, then very slowly write a song and then you can publish just 1 song at a time to earn royalties from. Which never made sense ofc, but its a choice that devs can make. In comes the Mix Master Station (what is this even?) that requires no skill whatsoever compared to an instrument and you can pump out dozens of tracks and publish them (seems to be no limit, just a new one every day) , getting you famous in no time and rich as bonus. Did they outsource the development of this item? Because this dev clearly has not seen the rest of TS4 skills. Not to mention that whatever you do that requires no skill in music producing (any easy audiosoftware with shitty samples library), will not earn you money. And why is this not tied in with the already excisting DJ station?

I can go on and on and on. TS4 is really easy to pick apart.

I am also pretty sure that my favourite career, scientist, is broken now. Plants never grow on that lot and you always get tasks involving the plants (either to use ingredients or order colleagues to garden). And if you can't get that progress bar full, you can forget about promotion anytime soon. I can't tell since when this is happening, because I havent played for ages with expansions installed before this weekend and only own the base game myself, but I looked it up and its a bug.

This game seriously sucks and half the mechanics simply make no sense at all and they still take way too long to fix actual bugs. It is like all the actual good developers moved on long ago.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 24th May 2019 at 9:13 AM
It really is a shame as there are some things about 4 that are done very well, but there are so many things that are so irritating it never surpasses "meh" overall as Clint said IMO too. I like some things but get so irritated by so many also. Way too many.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Jun 2019 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
- how annoying the fame mechanic can be. *sim finishes master painting* Congratulations you are now famous! *few days later* aww you are sad now because you stopped being famous *sim finishes another painting* Congrats! you are famous! *few days later* awww..

It's like the enthusiasm decrease from Sims that stop partaining in their hobby from TS2 Freetime? It's quite annoying being bombared with nagging messages that "yOuR sIm Is LoSiNg EnThUSiAm In GaMinG!" just because your Sim didn't do the following thing.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.