Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2019 at 6:26 AM
Default Ornamental Gardening Plants?
Before I get into this I'll say I'm a total novice and am mainly interested in knowing how hard this would be or if anyone would be interested in giving it a go. If this is my on-ramp into learning how to make more complex mods then I'll take it, but I'd love the thoughts of the community and if it strikes anyone's whim I certainly won't say no. That out of the way...

I LOVE cow plants. Like, LOVE. And I'd really like a [ + ] resized one, idle animation intact, to stick on my sim's kitchen counter. A little make-believe kitchen herb pot garden would be fun too. The only obstacle is the plants dying from lack of care since you can't feed/water 'em up there. Things like that lead me to imagine that decay-free plants (or just inert items using the plants' models?) would make fantastic decoration. Wouldn't be hard to stick them in/on top of a planter and pop them on the counter (thinking more and more that inert items might be a nice idea, since that has the potential to be default placeable on counters, but then how hard would that be to specify... etc). Would this be difficult to do? Should I do some studying on how I might learn to accomplish this? Does anyone else like this idea?

Thanks for reading! I'm relying on a little good-will advice here, not looking for any more than you're willing to give. And thanks again!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jul 2019 at 10:15 AM
Hi leporid
Sims 4 Studio could helping you to create this mod.

You could clone a Cowplant-object. Resizing its model into a small one by using Blender and changing the SlotDecorationSize make sure this small-cowplant could place on any kitchen counter.
Tutorial: How to Resize Objects (S4S & Blender)
Tutorial: How to make surface items into floor items (and vice versa)

Then you would edited lots of tunings if you want to create a interact-able cowplant.
Maybe a undead cowplant or a always-full cowplant would be easy ways to start creating a mod.
Tutorials: TS4 General Modding
Tutorial: XML Tuning How-To

I hope these helps.
Test Subject
#3 Old 26th Jul 2019 at 9:19 PM
https://www.deviantart.com/gauntlet...ack-1-763861976

I've converted the Cowplant from the Sims 2 and 3 into glorified statues as well as the Mutant Plant and the Sim Eating Plant in other packages. They aren't animated, but they do make for nice decorations.

SG5150 has made Sims4 deco Cowplants. https://sg5150.tumblr.com/post/1696...is-design-edits