Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Aug 2019 at 6:01 PM
I'm having a similar, but somewhat different issue with clothes meshes in Blender. When I export a mesh and click fix seams, I get dark triangular shadowing on the edges of the clothes, which do show in game. Of course if I don't use fix seams, the mesh seams remain very visible.

I've tried edge split, sharp edges and just clicking every option in the mesh drop down. Removing vertices doubles won't work as that removes the mesh seams and borks the UV map.

Anyone have any ideas? I'll try anything once... maybe twice???

I would include a couple of pics, but have no clue what to click onto to do it.
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 29th Aug 2019 at 3:36 PM
New question split into a separate thread.

To attach a picture or zipped file, click the 'Go Advanced' button under the text block and scroll down to the buttons for uploading files.

Without pictures I can't be sure, but I think you mean there's a visible edge along the side of the sim. In Milkshape I'd select those seam verts and align the normals, but I don't know if Blender even has that option. Sorry I can't help.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4