Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 1:09 PM
Default the hood does not correctly follow head movement
hello i am creating a hoody, in blender and s4Studio the hood is perfect, but in the game the hood does not correctly follow the movement of the sims head
I already used the Auto-Assign Bone Weights and Auto-Assign UV1 (morphs) option from S4 CAS Tools, and it didn't solve the problem. what am i doing wrong?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  package.rar (6.85 MB, 9 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2019 at 11:38 PM
The problem is that the bones are assigned from a body with no head but it needs the head bone for the hood. If I assign them from a body with a head, the resulting body mesh has too many bones because of all the facial bones and distorts in the game. I'm working on a reference mesh for bone assignments that has a head but no facial bones and would hopefully resolve this, but in the meantime you can try manually assigning the hood to the head bone.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 11:48 AM
I'm new on blender, and this is my second cc, and I don't know how to manually assign the head bone to the hood. I tried transfer only the headbone of a game hat to my mesh, and in the game the hood is deformed, then I tried to use the Auto-Assign Bone Weights option, and the hood was no longer deformed but this didn't follow it again. Head movement. thank you very much if you could explain to me how I attach the head bone to the hood
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 3:11 PM
I'm completely useless in Blender, so I can't help you with that, sorry.

I'm working on being able to handle this in CAS Tools - if I can get that working I'll upload a fixed version of the package and upload a new version of CAS Tools after more testing.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Oct 2019 at 6:30 PM
I've tried to assign the head bone in many ways and couldn't. I will wait for the CAS Tools update. thanks for the support
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#6 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 2:01 PM
I did the reassignment and had to manually tweak the front of the hood below the chin. There's still a little clipping but it's better. I'll keep working on a better way to auto-assign hoods.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  zxsd11_creeper fix.zip (6.81 MB, 12 downloads)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Oct 2019 at 4:15 PM
thanks. It's great