Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 10:49 AM
Default CC Clothes recolor normal in CAS and S4s, but naked in live mode
Hello Simmers,

I've been trying to recolor a few clothes. They look normal in The Sims 4 Studio and in CAS, but when in live mod the sim wearing those clothing recolors are naked. Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this? I have all expansion packs and the latest update of the game installed. The clothing recolor files are saved as DDS, I've made a screenshot of what the settings are for the DDS when I try to save them. I have this issue with every single item I've recolored. Googling for this issue didn't give me any answers. I've recolored furniture too and they work fine and look normal, so what am I doing wrong with the clothing recolors?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 1:07 PM
This is typically caused by the diffuse texture not having mipmaps, but your pic shows 'Generate MipMaps' checked. You can try importing the textures as .png and S4S will convert them. If that doesn't help, please upload a package so I can take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
This is typically caused by the diffuse texture not having mipmaps, but your pic shows 'Generate MipMaps' checked. You can try importing the textures as .png and S4S will convert them. If that doesn't help, please upload a package so I can take a look.

Thanks for the advice. I saved them as .png files now instead of .dds before importing them into S4S, they now work great without any problems.