Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 7:16 PM
Default Simple Turban 4t2 Accessory Conversion
Hello all, Ive been working on a conversion 4t2 Simple turban. Ive gotten the bones to assign and the skeleton but the package doesn't show and there is a CRES issue. no parent? Ive asked on PBK but Included the package and milkshape files. Follow the tutorial by Scorpicus exactly. (Also there is no inside, I know dunno how to fix)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Miik_AMSimpleTurban_4t2.rar (70.8 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: rar  MilkshapeTurban2.rar (66.8 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 8:28 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Nov 2019 at 8:42 PM.
CRES:
The CRES issue is a sometime issue with mesh files.

Best way I've found is to remake the mesh file from scratch (extract accessory mesh with PJSE tool, DON'T CLICK ANY RESOURCES AT ALL, do "fix Integrity" and give it a name, then save the file with a new name, and do "file---new". Then open the file again (now you can safely click resources), and replace the mesh. I've found this slightly roundabout way eliminates the CRES issue in about 99% of cases unless there is another reason for it to happen. It almost seems the mesh resources don't like to be touched until the "fix integrity" changes have been saved.

LENS:
You are going to need a lens group too, or the accessory will flash blue ingame (for accessories you always need the same amount of mesh resources as the mesh/texture combo you're using, with the same names. Not having them in the mesh file causes the accessory to misbehave. There's always Frame and Lens, and occasionally Rim). Other than that, the mesh itself looks fine.

For the lens group I tend to mark a single face in the Frame group and duplicate it, snap the vertices together, assign it to the head joint, hide the vertex in the head, and give it these comments:

ModelName: lens
Opacity: 0
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 1

Hole:
For the hole, there are a few ways to close it up. You can for instance bring the inside vertices (closest to the hole) closer to each other. Could be a problem with the gap on the left side, but it should fix the rest.

How big the gap will look depends on the hair(s) you plan on using the turban with and whether you've made sure the turban is better fitted to TS2 heads (because TS4 and TS2 heads are not in the same position or have the same size, so some adjustments may be neccessary).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2019 at 5:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
CRES:
The CRES issue is a sometime issue with mesh files.

Best way I've found is to remake the mesh file from scratch (extract accessory mesh with PJSE tool, DON'T CLICK ANY RESOURCES AT ALL, do "fix Integrity" and give it a name, then save the file with a new name, and do "file---new". Then open the file again (now you can safely click resources), and replace the mesh. I've found this slightly roundabout way eliminates the CRES issue in about 99% of cases unless there is another reason for it to happen. It almost seems the mesh resources don't like to be touched until the "fix integrity" changes have been saved.

LENS:
You are going to need a lens group too, or the accessory will flash blue ingame (for accessories you always need the same amount of mesh resources as the mesh/texture combo you're using, with the same names. Not having them in the mesh file causes the accessory to misbehave. There's always Frame and Lens, and occasionally Rim). Other than that, the mesh itself looks fine.

For the lens group I tend to mark a single face in the Frame group and duplicate it, snap the vertices together, assign it to the head joint, hide the vertex in the head, and give it these comments:

ModelName: lens
Opacity: 0
HasTangentArray:
NumSkinWgts: 1

Hole:
For the hole, there are a few ways to close it up. You can for instance bring the inside vertices (closest to the hole) closer to each other. Could be a problem with the gap on the left side, but it should fix the rest.

How big the gap will look depends on the hair(s) you plan on using the turban with and whether you've made sure the turban is better fitted to TS2 heads (because TS4 and TS2 heads are not in the same position or have the same size, so some adjustments may be neccessary).

Thank you!