Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 5:23 PM
Help with The mod :DrHouse93: more dangerous zombies!
Hi!

Please help me
Hi! I am writing to you guys because I am in love with The mod: More Dangerous Zombies ! for the sims 3, I know that The creators have not updated it anymore but now I am doing a fanmily with a zombie challenge and I recently installed myself Into the future but unfortunately I have some bugs, with that mod, could anyone please update it? Or could you guide me to do it? I don't want to have to remove it, I love it. Thank you everybody in advance for reading me.
Sorry for my bad english, by the way I use The no permanent zombie package. I really apreciated if you could awswer me back. Thank you.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 3:08 PM
Not too familiar with mod creation, but I think this is a case that the XMLs the mod referenced were updated in a later patch, breaking the mod.

1.) Use S3PE to open the original mod package & copy the Instances for the edited XMLs (double-click on the entries to bring up a window);
2.) Go to your Supernatural Fullbuild (The Sims 3 Supernatural\GameData\Shared\Packages), and open it in S3PE;
3.) Using the filter at the bottom of the window, filter for the original XMLs, and export them into a new package (right-click to bring up menu);
4.) In the new package and the original mod package open side by side, you can right-click on the entries to open them in Notepad, and compare & change the files to match the new to the original.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 3:09 PM
Updating it shouldn't be too difficult depending on the bug though!  But it also depends on whether it's a super scripted mod or just a lot of tuning files.
From the looks of it however it's just a tuning alter so that should make it super easy to update! 

First off, it's probably good to start getting acquainted by the idea of how you make tuning mods to begin with: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit..._Tuning_Modding

After that, the way how I would have approached it, is to open up DrHouse93's version in S3PE, double click on the ITUN file, Use "Copy RK" and open the GameplayData.package in S3PE as well (See location in the tutorial).  Make sure both are in different S3PE windows!

Then, just simply click on the "Filter" checkbox and use the "paste RK" button. Now you should see EA's default ITUN file. Personally, I'd just extract that, open a new S3PE file and import that ITUN file in a freshly new package and just edit the values within the ITUN file. The values should be made the same as DrHouse93's one

That's it! We don't allow requests though in this forum, so I'm not sure if someone would be able to do it for you, but if you want some more help along the way, feel free to ask!
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 3:10 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 8:31 PM Last edited by viri2626 : 24th Mar 2020 at 7:25 AM.
@jje1000 and @Lyralei Thank you soooo much guys!! I really appreciate that you have answered me, right now I start doing what they have told me. I let you know if I could do it.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2020 at 9:03 PM
Thank youuuuuuu!!! I do it, I really happy!!!! Thanks allot .
Virtual gardener
#7 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 10:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by viri2626
Wooh! Nice work!! 

Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by viri2626

Very nice!

You could upload an updated version of the mod in the comments section of the original mod download page so that more people can use it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Mar 2020 at 2:58 PM Last edited by viri2626 : 24th Mar 2020 at 6:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Very nice!

You could upload an updated version of the mod in the comments section of the original mod download page so that more people can use it.

Thats a great idea.
I Will do it and I post it here too. .

Thank you so much.

Edit:
I attach the file.
It is the only version I have because it is the one I use. Greetings.

Update for Into The Future .
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DrHouse93_ZombieMod-NoPermanent.rar (60.9 KB, 2 downloads)