Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 4:56 AM
Default Lucas Easy Bedding Texture Creator - a program from http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/
I have no clue as to where to post this because every forum I go to has a closed "no new threads" listing at the bottom. There are so many forums on here it gets very confusing where to post things and finding out that you can't is really a bummer. So I thought I'd do it here. I found a program that creates bedding for you. You simply upload the image from the computer and it does the rest. (Well not exactly the rest) but it's pretty simple to use. Instead of having to go into a photo program this does that part of the work for you. Then you must save the image and upload it using SimPE as you would normally. The only downside to this program is that you can't use an image for the sheets, only the recolor option. I like it. Here's the link: http://www.aussietopenders-sims2.com/Programs.htm There are quite a few other programs on here as well. It's called Lucas Easy Bedding Texture Creator

To the mods out there, sorry if this isn't where this belongs. I had no clue as to where to put it even after an extensive search. As I said it's confusing.

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 6:54 AM
Okay, I'm having a bit of a problem. I just followed the tutorial, made the recolor and imported it. I placed the .pkg into my Downloads folder and it's not showing up.

When I open the file in SimPE it looks fine, the texture is exactly as I designed in my photo edit program, it's saving fine and the .pkg looks to be fine as well.

This is the only item I'm having issues with, I have the latest version of CEP and don't know what would cause the issue. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks! :D

Valui ad satanam in computatrum meum invocandum

Simmer Romanus2 - My Yahoo! Group

Requests of Roman items taken. My NON-adult items are FREE to use, as long as they remain FREE! (NO PAY SITES!) I'd appreciate a link back, or a mention, but it's not needed. :D
Part-time Hermit
#28 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 7:04 AM
amberandcarlos33, the main Object Creation & Texturing is free for everyone to post at .

rmschoon, were you sure to check every bedding option in the game? Did you recolor the bedding for the Colonial Ironwood specifically?
Field Researcher
#29 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 9:13 AM
Thanks, IgnorantBliss. I just get a little confused from time to time as to where I go for help or to post about a certain subject. A lot of times the forums are closed and I can't find ones that are in my subject area where I can post my thoughts and questions. Thanks again.

Here's the Booty Enjoy!
Part-time Hermit
#30 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 9:31 AM
The tutorial forums are usually closed to posting new threads, but there is also usually a "root" forum for that area where anyone can post. There is a "postable" forum in all the Create subforums.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 6:27 PM
I went under "Colonial Ironwood" for the bedding recolors. I've tried all the double beds and nothing is showing up. Why I'm really confused is I have several other bed recolors (made by others) that show up just fine.

I'll check the singles and see if it's showing up there.

Requests of Roman items taken. My NON-adult items are FREE to use, as long as they remain FREE! (NO PAY SITES!) I'd appreciate a link back, or a mention, but it's not needed. :D
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#32 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 7:57 PM
amberandcarlos33, I've seen Lucas' program. It is very nice/helpful for what it does, but what I recall is that it can lose resolution if your monitor is not set above the 1024 that is needed for a bed, and still requires people to choose their textures carefully to have the focal point in the right spot, or things will just look wrong. It also does exactly *1* sort of retexture, and doesn't allow for the other creative layouts I teach here.

rmschoon, did you actually CLICK on all the little thumbnails? Because if you went in to test once, the thumbnail would have been generated with whatever color it had at that time, and it won't regenerate in your game -- the game is not designed for user-additions in terms of some of its behavior. The thumbnail will look fine in other games (or if you delete your game's thumbnails and have them all regenerate)
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 2:35 PM
Okay, I've got a blank bed showing up (Maxis color I used as my base) so I'm going to delete it and go back through the tutorials again. I think I may have screwed up somewhere and I'll make sure to pay close attention to the steps.

I've chosen each double bed and all the Maxis standard singles and rotated through each of the beddings (via the swatch feature) and nothing. I know it's user error so now I need to figure out where. Thanks for all the help though. I really do appreciate it! :D

Test Subject
#34 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 9:36 AM
Howdy, thanx for the tutorial tig, very cool. My little issue is that the file size of my bedding recolour is 3,419 kb. That's bad right? lol. This is about 10 times the size of anything else I have in my game and I have absolutely no idea what I've done. thanx :D
Test Subject
#35 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 7:16 PM
I made a skin, but if i look from some points I only see the basic skin

Can someone help me?

I'm dutch so my english is not very good :p
Part-time Hermit
#36 Old 12th Jul 2006 at 7:22 PM
simsgeo, do you mean that from some angles you still see the original Maxis texture? Did you remember to Update All Sizes (and then commit) when you imported the texture?
Test Subject
#37 Old 13th Jul 2006 at 8:58 AM
Ow thanks. I only update the biggest texture
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 3rd Sep 2006 at 2:48 AM
You really should use the Nvidia plugins and use DXT on your beddings, or you will lose detail and might well have your carefully aligned seams start to show.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Scholar
#39 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 10:31 PM
This tutorial encouraged me to make some bedding right now, thanks a lot for this
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 5th Oct 2006 at 9:22 PM
I do not understand how to put the bed recolor on! I got the template the orignal bed and the new colors i want up but i dont know how to put the new on the old! Ive done the recoloring objects and had no problem what so ever
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 6th Oct 2006 at 2:41 AM
Check the tutorial part about making recolors. Specifically, you recolor the Colonial Ironwood bed and ONLY check the bedding (not the frame) to make your recolor file. Then you put the graphic (which is what this article is about, how to layout the graphic and have it work right) into the recolor, just like for any other.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Oct 2006 at 9:18 AM
Uhm. That's off by more than a couple pixels. You need to do it like I show for the rainbow bedding - grabbing that middle section to move over for the other half of the single bed. Then if it looks ever so slightly off you might need to move it a few pixels.

Field Researcher
#43 Old 24th Dec 2006 at 12:12 AM
thanks for this wonderful tutorial!!
Theorist
#44 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 12:17 PM
Oh Kay....
Well Here's the problem and I hope you can find out the problem!
I had followed the great tutorial of your to the letter and had made a LOVELY bedding to match the sea themb in Family Fun Stuf.
The only problem was when I exported the texture into My documents it shoed up fine, and I edited it in *sigh* paint
When I came to Import the pic, it was ok too...
UNTIL when Ctrl + S it saved and everything but when I clicked on a icon (any oe inside the file) and then back again to the texture the beding was the same
So i thought the Computer was all hot and worked up. resterted it and began the same prosses agin (build DDS etc) following your tutorial and Numerators, but the problem was the SAME.
I put it into The sims 2 and it shoed up like the baceball beddding i worked on.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Part-time Hermit
#45 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 5:14 PM
PETCHY14, I'm not completely sure I understand what your problem is. Do you mean that the texture of the bedding reverts back to the Maxis bedding you used as a base? Did you use Build DXT when you imported the texture? Which baseball bedding are you talking about? If you make more than one bedding recolor, you need to create a brand new recolor package with each one of them, you can't "recolor a recolor", meaning you can't just take your previous recolor package are replace the textures with new ones.
Theorist
#46 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 7:52 PM Last edited by PETCHY14 : 27th Dec 2006 at 7:57 PM.
:)
No that doesn't help. Sorry! recoulour is the original maxis bedding ( the blue one with baceball bats, hats and Etc).
YES! i mean that the texture of the bedding I use reverts to the one i use as a bace
and Yes I used the Build DXT to import the bedding (I did EXACILY what Numerator explained to do in the tutorial. )
Maby the problem is something BEFORE the acual texture going away bit.
like when there are all those tick boxes, that might help me if They Wern't wrong!
hope this helps
Petchy14

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Part-time Hermit
#47 Old 27th Dec 2006 at 8:16 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 27th Dec 2006 at 8:42 PM.
If you're doing exactly what Numenor says in his tutorial, it should work. You are using the latest SimPE, right? I can't really make any suggestions other than trying to attach one of those recolor packages to your post here and let someone take a look at it.

Edited to add: Are you sure you also remembered to Commit after importing the texture and before saving?
Theorist
#48 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 12:30 PM
Default hirmmm
Yes, I'm useing the latest Version of SimPE, It has pets (even thouh I don't have it!)
erm, I'll add my bedding and My pacage file so far, I HOPE you can fix it.
I'll try one again on annother pacage and Maby I'll work
Thanks for all your help So Far!
Eaven If Notings Going!
*a few muninits later*
BTW, its called:
PETCHY14'sProblem.zip
But the files inside are different.
and I tryed agin but nothing changed.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  PETCHY14'sProblem.zip (784.2 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Part-time Hermit
#49 Old 28th Dec 2006 at 1:03 PM
I'm not able to look at your package until tomorrow, but one more thing that comes to mind: If you're absolutely sure that you Committed after you imported the texture, what is the size (pixel dimensions) of the texture image you're trying to import? Is it the same size exactly as the original texture?
Theorist
#50 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 11:21 AM
Hirm, I may have to think about that one.
I belive its the same as I coppied and pasted my design onto it.
Last night i was thinking about it and It may not look so good after all, Because its a picture!
I've found annother immage that I would like to do, But until THIS one is done, I belive I can't do annymore!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Page 2 of 5