Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#26 Old 26th Jan 2024 at 3:21 PM
They were both wonderful contributors whose work I enjoyed using; they're a real loss to the community. Condolences to their family and friends.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 5:43 PM
Wow...I had heard the news about CmarNYC this past week, but not of others mentioned here. My condolescences, and yes, 26 is way too young.
Test Subject
#28 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 6:15 PM
This is sad news indeed. My sympathy goes out to the family members of these wonderful people. While these Simmers may be gone, they are certainly not forgotten! Their kind works and generosity will continue to live on.
Space Pony
#29 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Hi all,

It is with great sadness that I have leart, in the past day or so, of the passing of 2 great Sims creators.

The first, CmarNYC, has contributed greatly to the modding community with some excellent programs and utilities, and has been active for many years. She was a great person to talk to and very helpful! She was known for the SimRipper, various texture conversions, and being an all-round nice woman. She passed away in October 2023, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.forevermissed.com/camille-g-marinetti/about

The second, rebecah, who also ran Affinity Sims, was a prolific creator known by many in the community, who had some excellent content and provided many items for all types of Simmer. She passed away earlier this month, and her obituary can be found here: https://www.echovita.com/us/obituar...njamin-17488324

Both will be greatly missed in the community, and we here at MTS wish their families and loved ones, and all of us in the community who knew them, the best in their hour of grief.

Regards,
MTS staff

Two very important members of the community, and to me. I'm going to miss them very much!

♫ I'm on a ride, and I wanna get off, but they won't slow down the roundabout :| ♫
Test Subject
#30 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 9:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Airazor65
Two very important members of the community, and to me. I'm going to miss them very much!

Four important members: Cmar, Rebecah(MTS), Victor Andrade(Quack Games) and TFM (The Sims Asylum).

Be kind, be thankful, be nice. It doesn't cost money, at all; only kindness is needed.
Space Pony
#31 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sonynh0
Four important members: Cmar, Rebecah(MTS), Victor Andrade(Quack Games) and TFM (The Sims Asylum).

Agreed.

♫ I'm on a ride, and I wanna get off, but they won't slow down the roundabout :| ♫
Forum Resident
#32 Old 27th Jan 2024 at 11:54 PM
RIP to CMAR (who I've had the pleasure to ask questions and get help from numerous times in the Sims 3 days), twoftmama who also used to help me a lot. My condolences to their families. Very sad news indeed!!!
Instructor
#33 Old 28th Jan 2024 at 10:45 PM
Oh, this makes my heart so heavy every time I see these posts. It's a reminder of how fleeting life is. I remember using many of Cmar's mods years and years ago with Sims 3 as just a young kid and just recently her invaluable tools for Sims 4. May they rest in peace. They were and are much loved. ❤
Test Subject
#34 Old 30th Jan 2024 at 9:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear this! Lots of love and condolences to the family and friends.
Mad Poster
#35 Old 1st Feb 2024 at 10:46 AM
Oh no. I've only just seen this and am so shocked about Cmar, as we were friendly and had corresponded often over many years but I'd been out of touch due to having a big move to a different part of the country last autumn which took months to complete, and had intended to get back in contact but I see she passed during that time. Am so totally gutted to hear this terrible news. My sincerest condolences to her family and loved ones.

Also so sad about rebecah, from whom I had many wonderful mods in my Sims 2 game back in the day. And upthread it was mentioned that twoftmama and Victor Andrade had passed too? Man, this truly is a black and bleak time for the Sims world. May they all rest in peace.

My Fallout 4 creations: Nexus
More of my Fallout 4 items and some of my unreleased-on-MTS TS4 stuff are at my site, Colourful Commonwealth
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Feb 2024 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I don't know the two TS4 people and I only vaguely remembert twoftmama, but my condolences to their families.

I use Becks stuff a lot and always remember her being helpful.

So sad to lose them all.

Don't know about Mr. Andrade, but all three of the others have been involved in the Sims modding community since at least TS3. I had content from all three of them in my game when I still played TS3 . Wouldn't surprise me to find their names attached to content for TS2 as well.

Their further contributions will be missed.
Theorist
#37 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 7:06 AM
I used tools developed by Cmar as many times as I used things created by Mootilda. For me she always was something like Moo number two.
Rebecah was a talented creator. We have never talked to each other but I used her creation once back in a time.

Any kind words now are too late to say in person. I have no words to describe. Bye, girls. Hope you will meet each other. And hope you will meet Mootilda, Leefish and Scumbumbo there beyond the heaven gates.

Regards Vic

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I used tools developed by Cmar as many times as I used things created by Mootilda. For me she always was something like Moo number two.
Rebecah was a talented creator. We have never talked to each other but I used her creation once back in a time.

Any kind words now are too late to say in person. I have no words to describe. Bye, girls. Hope you will meet each other. And hope you will meet Mootilda, Leefish and Scumbumbo there beyond the heaven gates.

Regards Vic

Wait, Leefish died?
Theorist
#39 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Wait, Leefish died?

Sadly, yes
https://themaresnest.wordpress.com/...which-followed/

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Link Ninja
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2024 at 4:58 PM
It's always so sad to lose a community member
Question: I notice that some member profiles have a 'deceased' tag and others don't who have pased - is that noted by the site owner or a mod?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#41 Old 4th Feb 2024 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Sadly, yes
https://themaresnest.wordpress.com/...which-followed/

Damn.
Test Subject
#42 Old 5th Feb 2024 at 9:00 PM
I'm in shock. I downloaded a lot of Rebecah's creations over the years and was so impressed by how talented she was and how creative and original her objects were. They always brought a lot of life to my gameplay. RIP to both of them.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 1:08 AM
RIP to both creators. My sincere condolences to their families.
Test Subject
#44 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 9:17 PM
Very sad to hear the news. I realise I still have rebecah favourited on my favourite creators list

Rest in peace both.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 7th Feb 2024 at 11:02 PM
Just today I went to my favorite website and saw this sad news.
Why do the best people leave so early? Two wonderful creators.
I'm truly sorry.
May they rest in peace...

Make SIMs, not war!

Say the Word and will be free,
Say the Word and be like me.

I'm Fata Morgana at Cradle of Darkness, there are my strange lots http://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/fata_morgana_zone/79
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#46 Old 9th Feb 2024 at 3:32 PM
Sad news - it's heart warming to see so many messages from grateful simmers on those obit pages though. I hope the families took comfort from all those messages from simmers from all over the world and realised how their loved ones were important to a lot of people.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 9:19 AM
I too am sad to hear this news. CmarNYC in particular has long been one of my favourite contributors, and one that I have actually brought up in discussions in real life, as an example of brilliant female modders and programmers.
Being a programmer myself, I often try to explain to prejudiced outsiders that women are just as good programmers as men (and in my personal opinion quite often actually better), and when I learned about the Sims 3 modding community in the early 2010s I was very pleased to discover that the talented CmarNYC, a person who obviously understood the innards of the game really well, was actually a woman. I have seen many others since then of course, but she was the first one I noticed. It was a name that you learned to associate with quality. Whenever she released a new mod, a new slider, or a new utility, you knew that it would be worth checking out.
Theorist
#48 Old 12th Feb 2024 at 12:03 AM
I have too many hobbies so I come and go as the wind blows, sometimes taking years off from Sims, so I'm just now learning this incredibly sad news. As I read this thread and learn more about these losses and their stories, it brought tears to my eyes. Health problems are the worst. Not just physically, but mentally. It made me feel nauseas to think what they've had to go through.

CmarNYC was a giant in the modding community. Her mods, tutorials, knowledge, and assistance to others were hugely impactful on helping others become modders themselves. I don't remember if she's helped me out personally in the past, but I know for fact I've learned much from her. A lot of her mods and tools still find permanent residence on my machine. I'd always known she was a genius, but what shocked me was the fact she was about my mom's age. Her and rebecah both. It kind of blows my mind because I'm used to being tech support for people of my parents' generation, most of whom don't even know how to turn on the computer or connect to a Wifi network.

I hadn't heard about TFM, Leefish, or Victor. Rebecah, TFM, and Leefish I definitely remember as being MTS regulars from back when I was a regular. I remembered right away Leefish was the mod from back then with the colorful fish avatar. I hadn't seen Victor around, but knew him by reputation (I think his Direct Control mod had been mentioned in gaming article on an online publication once). I learned about Scumbumbo a few months ago when I came back to Simming and went looking for updates to his mods, and I'd known about Mootilda for a few years. They were MTS regulars back when I was a regular as well. They will all be greatly missed.

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 7:19 PM
Such Contributions Will Be Missed
I am so very sorry to hear about the passing of these outstanding artists. I've downloaded a great deal of CmarNYC, rebecah, and twoftmama's work. I thank you for the wonderful additions you've given to The Sims. I extend my deepest condolences to their family and friends. May they be at peace in God's glory.🕊️
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Mar 2024 at 6:39 PM
Thank you for letting us know.
Page 2 of 3