Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Radio Station

by Buurz Posted 26th Feb 2019 at 3:30 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2019 at 3:11 PM by Buurz

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts, 17 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 6:33 PM
Thank you for this mod. I have been playing with it all morning and love it. Never thought I would say I love commercials, but they are the best part.Thanks again.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 7:02 PM
This is so cool! Some tunes I had forgotten about, it really brings up fond memories. Awesome work, thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 9:50 PM
Love the addition of the TS1 commercials, lol; brings back so much nostalgia :) - thanks for the mod!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 11:49 PM
Hey, this is so cool! Thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 12:57 AM
This is awesome, thank you!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 10:39 AM
Awsome! Thank you :)
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 3:36 PM
This is cool.. Feels more realistic!!! Thank you!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Feb 2019 at 7:23 PM
How cool! We were just talking the other day in discord about how the radio stations in the game are lacking. Thanks so much for making this!
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Mar 2019 at 5:45 PM
I have all but 2 expansion packs (World Adventures and Supernatural; working on getting World Adventures), but even still, this is awesome !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 2nd Mar 2019 at 1:44 PM
So cool!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 8:00 PM
"you may hear 10 songs in a row or 3 commercials." Isn't that how radio stations normally work anyway XD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dduran8804
Isn't that how radio stations normally work anyway XD

And that's what I don't like about the radio in general.
I've spent a lot of time triying to make the playlist more even, but failed and eventually decided to let the sims radio be sometimes as annoying as in real life.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 10:57 AM
Love this idea and can't wait to get back to the PC to try it. :D

.:: B2SIMS.com ::.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Mar 2019 at 7:59 PM
Noice. More music and other stuff to make it a bit more exciting.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 20th Mar 2019 at 9:46 AM
This is awesome! Hearing the Sims 1 stuff on the example video you provided brings back memories and sealed the deal. I am downloading this!! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 22nd Apr 2019 at 8:17 PM
I am pretty new to modding and want to know, am I able to add in my own custom music? I have been DYING to add other simlish music from other sims games and rather it be on that station than the custom music station. Still a wonderful mod <3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dduran8804
I am pretty new to modding and want to know, am I able to add in my own custom music?<3

Take a look at Arsil's posts in this thread: https://modthesims.info/t/558572
You can add new songs to any station you like or just create a new one. It's not too difficult, but very, very time consuming.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th May 2019 at 11:59 PM
This is lovely <3 Thank you so much for making this!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th May 2019 at 12:16 AM
This is absolutely the worst CC I have ever added to my game. All of my sims listen to this station now, the DJ never comes on to announce which songs are playing or about to play so I get them all mixed up in my head, there are too many commercials. It's not realistic at all. Oh wait...uhm, nevermind.

I am just kidding of course, love it and appreciate the work it must have taken to make this!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th May 2019 at 12:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
All of my sims listen to this station now, the DJ never comes on to announce which songs are playing or about to play so I get them all mixed up in my head, there are too many commercials.

Indeed! And these DJs always, always ignore my song requests. :D
Space Pony
#22 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 2:46 AM
Not a direct request but more of a question really, but would it be possible for you to "recreate" the radio stations from The SIMs 2 for The SIMs 3? That would go really well with your "SIMs 2 Loading Screens music for SIMs 3" mod
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 11:21 PM
When I was trying to edit the file, I followed the steps in the description, but every time I try to remove songs from the list, it removes the whole list instead.

Either I did something wrong, or it was a bug in the program itself.

Although, I didn't even know that this kind of mod was even possible until just now.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CRV13
Not a direct request but more of a question really, but would it be possible for you to "recreate" the radio stations from The SIMs 2 for The SIMs 3? That would go really well with your "SIMs 2 Loading Screens music for SIMs 3" mod

Alas, all similar mods that add new radio stations by overriding Stereo XML will conflict with each other. The problem can be solved by creating script mods, but this is beyond my skill.
Maybe I'll upload somewhere my radio mod that I play with (it adds about 1,4Gb of TS, TS2 and TS4 songs), but it's too specific and will be suitable only for someone with a similar musical taste and a set of game add-ons.

Quote: Originally posted by Epierc32
When I was trying to edit the file, I followed the steps in the description, but every time I try to remove songs from the list, it removes the whole list instead.
Either I did something wrong, or it was a bug in the program itself.

Make sure you select the right resource: click [1]Blocks - Items - the square on the right, in the pop-up window find the SoundKeyData with the instance you want to delete, select it and click Delete - OK - Commit. Save file.
Screenshots
Space Pony
#25 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Buurz
Alas, all similar mods that add new radio stations by overriding Stereo XML will conflict with each other. The problem can be solved by creating script mods, but this is beyond my skill.
Maybe I'll upload somewhere my radio mod that I play with (it adds about 1,4Gb of TS, TS2 and TS4 songs), but it's too specific and will be suitable only for someone with a similar musical taste and a set of game add-ons.

I'd definitely go for that, if modding in each station is too difficult. Or how about splitting the songs per Game version? Like a TS1 music pack, a TS2 music pack and a TS4 music pack? But quite frankly I'm more into the TS2 stuff, especially the "New Wave" songs from "Open for Business", so the TS2 music pack would be the one I'll definitely get ASAP should you decide to upload them. And yeah one music pack, that is one radio station that plays all of the tracks at random would be awesome and a better alternative than recreating all of the radio stations as I initially suggested. Also adding the adverts you made for this mod as well as the DJ soundbites you created would be cool too :D
Page 1 of 2